Home

Frustration! (Impossible Challange #1)

This is a discussion on Frustration! (Impossible Challange #1) within the NCAA Football Ultimate Team forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Ultimate Team
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-06-2013, 10:41 PM   #9
MVP

Iceman87GT's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Frustration! (Impossible Challange #1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syxxpac78
I ran a Ton of blitzes for the first challenge with rg3 as qb. I also used my de's to either contain rg3 and prevent him from running or just all out blitz 90% of the time. Plus you can run on that team and like the other people have said, eat that clock. First time I tried I got into a shoot out and it didn't go well.

As for the second challenge, let me know if you figure out how to contain elite Moss cause I still haven't figured it out
I kicked off got them into a third and long then picked the ball off and returned it to about the 30, then with chew clock on ran the ball right at them. They drove down quickly on me to tie it up but I was able to score with only a few seconds left so they had no chance to respond before the half. Then I drove down the field with Chew Clock on and scored again. They went 3-n-out and I chewed some more clock before kicking a 52 yarder. Then I made sure it took them several plays to score (wasting time), and then recovered the onside kick.

Varying my blitzes while playing zone with my DBs, I used a 4-2-5, with a CB (Pac-Man Jones) as the back-up Strong Safety (this is the hybrid player, who is often asked to cover guys and lines up similarly to a CB, which is why I went with a guy who was good in man, zone and press, rather than going with a normal SS).

I honestly can't pinpoint exactly what worked for me, but that's what I did, hope it helps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eurojjj19
For me challenge 1 was a pain in the ***. But challenge 2 was a breeze. And for some reason the cpu didn't focus on Moss like I hear everyone else saying on here. Guess I got lucky.
Same here got it on my first try 24-14 (and the game was not as close as that score implies), I don't think Moss got his hands on the ball until their final scoring drive, he got behind my guy but I managed to tackle him before he got to the endzone, they scored like 2 plays later. I don't know if if the CPU was off his game or if my loosely put together strategy worked to shut down Moss and crew.
NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins
RIP Atlanta Thrashers
Old 08-07-2013, 12:28 AM   #10
Rookie

LoyleFan55's Arena

OVR: 0

Lost my first game 17-21 at the goal line off of a tipped pass at the line of scrimmage intended for a wide open receiver. Second time I lost on a last second field goal 21-24. The third time I played them, I emphasized running at Sapp and I ran for over 250 yds with All Day and won 35-14. Yes I picked him up before the game. I threw 2 passes the entire game. Like previous posts state: BALL CONTROL.
Old 08-07-2013, 08:43 AM   #11
Rookie

Syxxpac78's Arena

OVR: 7

First try on challenge II I went to 5 OT's and got burned by Moss everysingle time in OT. MY QB fumbled the snap when I was going for 2 trying to tie it up at 62. I still have not seen a fumbled snap before or after.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2013, 06:59 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 5

Week #2 challenge i was able to stop Moss by playing 4-2-5. The zones packages and blitz in the playbook are pretty nice. If you blitz, take whatever lineback/DB is covering the RB and blitx from his side. One is because if they run an option and the QB chooses to hold the ball he will run into you and it will also is a good way to get good pressure if its a pass play. The CPU tends to be more aggressive and on their end of the field and conservative on your end. PLay man if they are behind the 50 and play zone when they are past the 50. worked for me. took me 2 tries

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Ultimate Team »