Home

"Next Level" - 50k + Players

This is a discussion on "Next Level" - 50k + Players within the NCAA Football Ultimate Team forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Ultimate Team
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-25-2013, 10:23 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
"Next Level" - 50k + Players

Alright - I got a late start and only have a limited amount of time I can play in a day but I've built my team into a solid 95 overall team. Flutie, Elite McFadden, HH Tim Brown, Elite Joe Thomas, Mario Williams, DD JPP, Ed Reed, Revis, Patrick Peterson, Pac Man, etc. Most of those guys I got between 5k and 15k - usually shopping for deals in the evening and flipping/keeping the players. I don't open packs - just the reward packs and I always seem to just let low level golds.

I have no interest in playing MUT so I'm here to stay. I'm running out of 5k-20k players to buy (really just have Decastro and Champ left and Champ is falling like a rock). Question for the board - what big level card should I buy saving my coins for? I want the biggest impact for my coins and I want a dominant player for h2h use.

I currently run a balanced pistol offense. But in online games against good competition I get forced to pass every down when people spread their defense (usually a 3-3-5), blitz and user control their rush guys. I still don't have any issues moving the ball and scoring. Occasionally I make a bad read and throw a pick but offensively I can score/keep up with teams that are better than me.

Defensively is where I struggle - I struggle to stop the zone read on spread teams and struggle to stop the deep ball/tight end out of the backfield. Even against lower level players, I give up more points than I should. I tend end up blitz and playing man - hoping to generate a big play. I run the 4-3 base D and play 80% of snaps out of the nickel with 4 DL's. I prefer to control a DL but will control a safety/MLB if a guy is cheesing me on the same play.

I'm not opposed to switcing schemes so feel free to suggest that. In fact, I'm kind of interested in doing it since it will make the computer games more challenging.

My lineup:

QB - Heisman Flutie, Gold Cam
RB - Elite McFadden, Sproles, McGhaee
FB - Maeric
WR - Heisman Brown, Elite Edwards, Crabtree, Santana Moss
TE - Vernon Davis, Elite Miller
LT - Elite Joe Thomas, Andre Smith
LG - Brandon Albert
C - Elite Pouncey
RG - Warmack
RT - Staley

DE - Mario Williams, DD Selvie
DE - DD JPP
DT - Sapp, Kevin Williams
DT - H Suh
MLB - Elite Laurinitis, Tulloch
OLB - Hawk
OLB - Von Miller
CB - Patrick Peterson (Gold)
CB - Darrell Revis
CB - Gold Clairborne
FS - Ed Reed, Eric Berry
SS - Pac Man Jones
K- Haunska

Players I'm targeting to save up for:

Elite Deion
Heisman Cam Newton
Elite Roy Williams
Ty Law
Elite Champ Bailey

Thoughts?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2013, 11:43 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 2
Re: "Next Level" - 50k + Players

At this point, you are better off not going for HH Cam, as his value is so high. You would be better off getting someone like Vince Young (now around 80-120k), Pat White (30-40k), Troy Smith (30-40k), or Andre Ware (10k). Then, you can spend more coins elsewhere on guys like Elite Roy Williams (100k). I would also suggest investing in a Power RB such as HH Adrian Peterson (40-50k), HH Herschel Walker (10-15k), HH Eddie George (8-10k), Elite Toby Gerhart (6-8k), or Elite Trent Richardson (10-15k). Since you have been struggling against defenses who spread it out, just run it right up the gut until they change their scheme. After that, just buy whatever you want. Some expensive guys who have been worth it for me too are Peter Warrick and Desmond Howard. Unless the corner they are facing is over 92 overall, they rack up huge numbers. And even against the Elite corners, they still produce. They also are great returners.
Old 08-25-2013, 11:51 AM   #3
Pro

Hender3's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: "Next Level" - 50k + Players

I have the cheapest Josh Reed up (42k BIN) if you are interested. 96 overall
NCAA: Purdue Boilermakers

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Ultimate Team »