Home

FS of choice for H2H

This is a discussion on FS of choice for H2H within the NCAA Football Ultimate Team forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Ultimate Team
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-30-2013, 06:34 PM   #17
Rookie

AtomicCity42's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: FS of choice for H2H

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybird13
I had Elite Taylor/Williams as a my safety combo for the longest time.

I switched to Rookie Peterson/GOTW Claiborne this past week and haven't looked back. They're both 98s at safety.
Thats how Mathieu and Winfield were as well
Old 10-01-2013, 09:31 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicCity42
Thats how Mathieu and Winfield were as well
I tried them there as well but I like getting the +1 bonuses Peterson and Claiborne give.
Old 10-01-2013, 03:40 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by crowhop
For those running CBs out of position, have you noticed much difference with their lack of Awareness?

For a long time I ran 93 ovr Elite Mo Claiborne at both SS and FS since I had two of them. While his coverage was pretty good, I'd often give up plays that seemed odd. I didn't pay too much attention to it as it was fairly rare and could mostly be explained. One oddity I noticed was in some formation sets in man coverage, the FS and SS would cross and man up to WRs/RBs/TEs on the opposite sides of the field, so they're assignments would cross, creating about 3 seconds of a completely uncovered WR. This couldn't be fixed by aligning the coverage pre-snap. The only way to correct it was to manually move them in front of the man they were to cover.

But I got Roy Williams and my pass Defense became much more stable. I still had Claiborne at FS and found I'd give up plays on his side of the field. So, I started using Gold Eric Berry and it sured up as well. I've since upgraded to Gold Ed Reed at FS and have had no issues of blown coverages or weird assignments.

I've used many combos of CBs at my Safety spots (Gold Pat Peterson, Elite Claiborne, Pacman Jones, Vontae Davis) and found that Awareness does in fact make a difference for me. Anyone experience similar results?
To touch on the awareness issue, I tested around with Morris at FS for a while, but noticed on PA passes. I tested out some PA passes against teams using a cb at safety and didn't really notice anything out of the ordinary. I tested again but with a set up play and they HARD. In games going forward and current anytime I see a team using a cb at safety I get a pa pass set up, and my streaking receiver on that side of the field is wide open for atd 85% of the time. So from what I have seen the awr does make a difference from what I've seen

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Ultimate Team »