Home

Old 01-06-2014, 08:48 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
wtf?

Played in an epic game last night... Other team was as stacked as mine, with Woodson/Howard/CV Ricky/CV Tebow/Von Miller, etc, etc, etc... Defensive minded game with a few field goals and punts even on both sides...

I receive, get one first down, then he picks off a pass with Woodson... He drives to the 20 and on 4th and 5 kicks a FG to go up 3-0.

I take a 5 minute drive with a bunch of runs, short curls, and screens to score with 17 seconds left in the first

He returns the kick to the 18 or so, tries a few quick passes to get into position, and I pick one off to his 40 and down it with 1 second left... Try a 57 yards with Gano and just miss (finger slipped to make it go wide left, but probably a yard short anyway)...

Second half he scores at the end of the 3rd quarter... I go offsides on the PAT that he makes, he accepts the penalty to go for 2 from the 1... Rolls out with Tebow to try to score, but my jam cover 1 D crushes him with Kuechly and Brooks at the 1... 12-7 him

Go on another long methodical drive, get a first down within the 2 with a minute left after he exhausts his timeouts to try to leave time on the clock if I score... Run it twice into the line, scoring with 28 seconds left... 13-12... Go for 2, passing to Randy Moss in the flat... Von Miller steps in front of it and runs down the sideline, if he scores he goes back up 14-13 on the conversion the other way... I somehow run him down with CV Fitz, diving and catching his ankle with only 10 yards to my end zone!

Kick off, he lets it go through the end zone... Stop him on 4 plays, I get the ball back with 4 seconds left on the clock and QB kneel called... And then...

He disconnects

Seriously, one of the most competitive and best games I've ever played in online football, against a guy who plays "right" by punting and kicking FG (like I do most of the time), and he gets so pissed off that I chased him down from behind that he quits with 4 seconds left...

I get the win, but don't get the coins... Such BS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-06-2014, 09:14 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: wtf?

You should have gotten a majority of coins for being deep in the 4th. I've had some great games with dico's deep in the fourth. I've never gotten it, but it is what it is.
Old 01-06-2014, 10:18 AM   #3
Rookie

There seems to be some formula for coins. I always get coins with quitters - more the longer the game goes on.

One boring day I'll figure out exactly what the ratio is.
Old 01-06-2014, 10:23 AM   #4
Rookie

maybe i did actually get them then, i just didn't get the notice of how many... still, 4 seconds left and he quits... meh
Old 01-06-2014, 10:33 AM   #5
Rookie

There is no honor left in gaming that's for sure. The vast majority of games I play result in quits. I'm talking 90% of all games.

I'll take a quit and a win over my last 3 losses though. I was winning and they quit after key turnovers but I got the loss. Last one being in my championship game. Gotta just grin and bear it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-06-2014, 11:42 AM   #6
Rookie

Being quit on doesn't bother me in the slightest. If you feel you have no shot for whatever reason, I'm fine with it. Disconnecting is pretty similar to me, accept you know they are raging.
Old 01-06-2014, 12:38 PM   #7
Rookie

It depends on when they quit as to how much it bothers me. Anything before halftime usually doesn't bother me because it speeds the process to the playoffs up. After the half though the closer to the end it is the more irritating it is. Especially something like less than 30 secs left in the game and I am just kneeling it. You still get 500 coins or so even in defeat, why wouldn't you just take those because you should be getting the loss either way. I just assume some people have no dignity.
Old 01-06-2014, 01:16 PM   #8
Rookie

I do love causing rage, I just don't understand with 4 seconds left after playing the game straight with no fake punts, onside kicks, going for it on 4th and long from your own 10, etc. I'd be pretty pissed too after getting tripped up 10 yards short on a conversion attempt run back, but he had 4 offensive plays after that

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Ultimate Team »