Home

Wisconsin Collection- what a joke

This is a discussion on Wisconsin Collection- what a joke within the NCAA Football Ultimate Team forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Ultimate Team
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-15-2013, 12:04 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 2
Wisconsin Collection- what a joke

EA realized people are hoarding silvers, only the 13 golds are needed for the collection. Reward is a 98 Watt, not what I wanted for the Wisconsin collection given the OL possibilities.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-15-2013, 12:30 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Wisconsin Collection- what a joke

I agree.. this was the easiest collection to get as well. They came out with a cover athlete collection which is EA last attempt to get people to spend money on packs for this game before they switch over to madden to spend more money.
Old 11-15-2013, 06:14 PM   #3
Rookie

Yeah, a little disappointing it wasn't an OL, but was nice not to have to spend a ton to complete the collection....of course, those silver Wiscy players in my reserves are pretty worthless now.
Old 11-15-2013, 09:45 PM   #4
Rookie

I'm ok with the reward. I would have prefered a Joe Thomas or another OL but it's better than getting a QB or RB.

I just don't understand that lack of silvers. Without silvers this collection is super-easy. None of the 13 cards are worth more than 3k by themselves. Later this week, you'll be able to complete this collection for less than 50k. That's just to easy.

This will kill the overall DE market. There were already several Derrick Thomas on the market and undercutting has started. Reggie White will soon be available for less than 50k and Thomas will probably settle between 100-150k. Rookie Long's and Rookie Watt's won't be worth the virtual paper they are printed on. Only DE card that might retain some value is Dumervil's Leader card - just because the damn thing is so rare.

The silvers are one of the more fun things in the game for me. They make opening packs fun and worthwhile.
Old 11-16-2013, 11:24 AM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by marks0124
I'm ok with the reward. I would have prefered a Joe Thomas or another OL but it's better than getting a QB or RB.

I just don't understand that lack of silvers. Without silvers this collection is super-easy. None of the 13 cards are worth more than 3k by themselves. Later this week, you'll be able to complete this collection for less than 50k. That's just to easy.

This will kill the overall DE market. There were already several Derrick Thomas on the market and undercutting has started. Reggie White will soon be available for less than 50k and Thomas will probably settle between 100-150k. Rookie Long's and Rookie Watt's won't be worth the virtual paper they are printed on. Only DE card that might retain some value is Dumervil's Leader card - just because the damn thing is so rare.

The silvers are one of the more fun things in the game for me. They make opening packs fun and worthwhile.

Yup. I'll wait to see if they include silvers in the next pack. If they don't, I think I'm done with this game. I purchased and saved silvers to try to prepare to play by their rules, and then they change everything. I also don't like how they are tossing around 99, 98, 97 overall players like they are nothing. Soon everyone will have a team of nothing but 97, 98, and 99 players. Makes it kind of pointless.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-16-2013, 08:35 PM   #6
Rookie

its funny because last year people didnt like how madden had so many 98-99 cards. anybody could get them. thats basically what ncaa turned into. packs had so many elites lately and the cover vote cards are open to anybody that plays a simple challenge. this mode is dead. deions sitting for 200k earlier, winfield 60k, moss 200k. berry/peterson up everyday when before you couldnt even find the cards. its a joke.
Old 11-16-2013, 09:57 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by djslv
its funny because last year people didnt like how madden had so many 98-99 cards. anybody could get them. thats basically what ncaa turned into. packs had so many elites lately and the cover vote cards are open to anybody that plays a simple challenge. this mode is dead. deions sitting for 200k earlier, winfield 60k, moss 200k. berry/peterson up everyday when before you couldnt even find the cards. its a joke.
To me it seems EA is trying to put a bullet in this mode. They're basically giving away game-ruining cards - then you can cash those cards in for a huge Madden payday.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Ultimate Team »