Home

New Friday stuff

This is a discussion on New Friday stuff within the NCAA Football Ultimate Team Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football > NCAA Football Ultimate Team Forum
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 11-29-2013, 03:02 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: New Friday stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCStateHokie
When I used to play online a vast majority of teams didn't seem to need a punter. Is that still the case? I didn't mind though as I often got stellar field position from dumb coaching moves.

And yes, this might be the dumbest/worst collection to date. This almost makes me think my horrible Wolfpack now stand a chance at a collection. I guess if you're in a BCS conference then you're fair game.
You need to have a P on the main roster to add one to the collection.

I almost never punt and I could easily get by without one or use my Kicker.

You and I will be rich if they do a Wolfpack collection. Unless the reward is a Rivers' Team Captain then we'll be the only guys who want that card.

I just realized I have the wrong DeCoud for this collection. Crap and I've already added and collected everything else. I don't even really want this card.
Old 11-29-2013, 03:04 PM   #10
Rookie

Also - any idea why EA hasn't released a Tony Gonzalez card? They have his rights since he is in Madden and he would have been a perfect team captain.
Old 11-29-2013, 04:13 PM   #11
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by marks0124
Also - any idea why EA hasn't released a Tony Gonzalez card? They have his rights since he is in Madden and he would have been a perfect team captain.
I nominate you to replace the unpaid intern at EA. You have way better ideas. If you need a reference just let me know.

I guess the one good thing is that EA plans on doing quite a few more team collections since there are a large selection of teams that are MUCH better than choosing CAL. I bet half of their grads don't even know they have sports at Cal.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-29-2013, 10:57 PM   #12
Rookie

On the subject of punting, one reason no one likes to punt in online Ultimate Team is the 3 minute quarters. Some players take advantage of this and run a ridiculous run out the clock strategy (chew clock being a major part of this), so if you punt you may not get the ball back until it's too late.
Old 11-30-2013, 02:49 AM   #13
MVP

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadgerFanatic
On the subject of punting, one reason no one likes to punt in online Ultimate Team is the 3 minute quarters. Some players take advantage of this and run a ridiculous run out the clock strategy (chew clock being a major part of this), so if you punt you may not get the ball back until it's too late.
Exactly. I really don't punt unless the guy I'm playing doesn't seem like most and actually plays legit and won't chew the clock. There's always a chance of converting on 4th down, and I'm usually willing to risk it. And also, my defense plays way better in the red zone since it takes away deep corner routes and the scramble and chuck it down the field to the guy running an improv route on a broken play. It seems like that happens a lot to me, after I get good coverage and force the QB out of the pocket. Teams can rack up yards doing this, but can't score easily since they don't know what to do once deep routes are taken away.
Old 11-30-2013, 08:10 AM   #14
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCStateHokie
I nominate you to replace the unpaid intern at EA. You have way better ideas. If you need a reference just let me know.

I guess the one good thing is that EA plans on doing quite a few more team collections since there are a large selection of teams that are MUCH better than choosing CAL. I bet half of their grads don't even know they have sports at Cal.
Our faithful unpaid intern does do a pretty good job. Hopefully the experience pays off for him/her down the line. I suspect bugging all of these challenges and programing these "Halloween" releases takes a good bit of time. I'm sure he/she is getting direction on what to develop and what to release.

Like it or not, the cover edition cards have brought a lot of people back to the game. I have no idea how they've affected the $ spent the game but activity is definately up - which is a good thing. I would have preffered they release on a week in All-American packs (perhaps make the challenge reward an All-American pack) but it has worked well.

I just think EA never had a "master" plan regarding these releases. If you step back and think about it - there are several flaws in how the ratings were done. We have a better Aquid Talib card than a Champ Bailey. We have a better Sheldon Richardson card than a Warren Sapp. A better Denario Alexander than Keyshawn Johnson and Michael Irvin. A better Montae Ball than Hershall Walker. That's not college football. The early "Team Captain" cards were really wasted. The challenges have been frustrating because out of them - only about three cards actually make a difference in the game. How nice would it have been if we'd have gotten a Team Captain Vince Wilford instead of Vilma?

Finally there are still tons of great college players that don't have cards. I understand not being able to get everybody's rights. But we have several great players in the NFL right now that do not have cards. Ben Grubbs was an All American OG at Auburn. Duane Brown, D'Brickshaw Ferguson, Bryant McKinnie, Tony Gonazelez, Osi Umenyiora, Asante Samuel and plenty more. The lack of attention to lineman is frustrating. These cards will generate interest and plenty of it if they are done properly. A GOTW Bryant McKinnie or Ben Grubbs card would generate much, much more interest (and pack opening) than "Edge" James and Rudi Johnson cards.

So in summary, we just need to get a meeting with some EA executives.
Old 11-30-2013, 10:47 AM   #15
Rookie

The unfortunate thing is this was the first year for this mode on NCAA and it really could have taken off in the future, but college games are ending (as is my video game purchases after this game). It was fun while it lasted and I'm going to enjoy '14 as long as I can and as long as EA supports the game. After that....???
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-30-2013, 01:51 PM   #16
Rookie

malowry's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by UMich97
The unfortunate thing is this was the first year for this mode on NCAA and it really could have taken off in the future, but college games are ending (as is my video game purchases after this game). It was fun while it lasted and I'm going to enjoy '14 as long as I can and as long as EA supports the game. After that....???

There is always the chance that EA or someone else will try to revive the series after the O'Bannon stuff is settled. That's what I'm hoping for. Maybe we can get a fresh start on the next-gen consoles, with a new engine, better presentation, etc. After the job EA did on this game, I think we can all see that it has great potential if someone's willing to stick with it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football > NCAA Football Ultimate Team Forum »