Home

High OVR cards that.......

This is a discussion on High OVR cards that....... within the NCAA Football Ultimate Team forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Ultimate Team
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-18-2013, 11:40 AM   #1
Rookie

UMkris's Arena

OVR: 0
High OVR cards that.......

Constantly underperform! Mine has to be Tyrann Mathieu. Maybe I'm not using him right but I have him in the nickel and he always gets beat. I played a game yesterday and he was getting beat by D. Clark over and over by these cheesy slot corner post routes. As soon as I but Deion Sanders in for him he picked of the pass.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-18-2013, 12:37 PM   #2
Pro

Orange Krush's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: High OVR cards that.......

Are you using the Heisman winner version? I have him and he is my number one corner, playing on the outside. I know he was a slot guy in college and that's what a lot of people like to play him as in the game, but I really think they made his card to be an outside guy defending number 1 and 2 receivers. If you can, try him on the outside for a while. I know he's made a few really nice plays for me out there picking off curl routes. One time I think he intercepted the first 3 passes of the game for me.
Old 12-18-2013, 12:52 PM   #3
Rookie

Prob was my Leader Reed card. Felt like he let people over the top too easily to justify the number of picks he dropped for me, none of which made sense based on his stats (I man SS 95% of the time he might be awesome to user).

My most over performing card was prob A Smith as #1 corner. He was so dominant for me on an island I moved him back to #1 over Buckley and Hosley. Was like a pick machine for me.

On a side note. Freshman Troy just kills it for me now. Does it all. Stops the run, ball hawks. the works.
Old 12-18-2013, 02:25 PM   #4
Rookie

UMkris's Arena

Krush- Yeah it's his HW card. I put him in the slot since he's a smaller quick guy and I know everyone likes to use there Howard's, S. Moss, Warrick's in the slot. You would think that with 98 AGI and great speed he would be a perfect match. I just put my CV Woodson there and now have TC Law and D. Sanders on the outside with 98 Peterson on the other slot. We'll see what happens..... It just pisses me off when I'm getting beat by a silver Wes Welker!!
Old 12-18-2013, 02:30 PM   #5
Rookie

UMkris's Arena

CAJ16- Was your Smith the Elite card? I had the leader Reed as well and I sold it like 5 games after because I got better production out of the Taylor Elite. But I will say that the new 99 Berry is pretty good.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-18-2013, 02:35 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 2

I haven't had too many guys underperform, but the 98 Reed wasn't worth the buy I made. He's about even with Berry, but he has a low catch rating. Another was 97 Orakpo. I was expecting him to be a sack machine with his 88 speed and high power move. Some games he was excellent but many times he'd get caught up in a mess and play patty cake with the LT. Glad I upgraded to 99 Peppers and 98 Watt. It also seems like every DT underperforms. Occasionally Suh gets a sack, and he is good at running down screens, but most of the time he struggles pass rushing and gets turned on runs leaving an open lane, although I've noticed the same thing with most other DT's. Anyone try Richardson and is he better?
Old 12-18-2013, 03:14 PM   #7
Rookie

UMkris's Arena

Richardson is the same only a little faster which makes a difference in the run game. Hopefully they come out with some 98-99 OL and DT soon.
Old 12-18-2013, 04:29 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UMkris
CAJ16- Was your Smith the Elite card? I had the leader Reed as well and I sold it like 5 games after because I got better production out of the Taylor Elite. But I will say that the new 99 Berry is pretty good.
Gold, which is why I was so shocked that he was so productive.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Ultimate Team »