Home

Who should I get?

This is a discussion on Who should I get? within the NCAA Football Ultimate Team forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Ultimate Team
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-31-2013, 12:21 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Who should I get?

I think I have Ross as my 4th corner, could definitely use an upgrade there... I generally play a mix of 4-3 with nickel as well... I set up my depth chart so I have Brooks starting at ROLB but also listed as the #2 MLB behind Kuechly, so when in a 4-2-5 nickel type package they are both on the field at the same time...

Just about **** myself when I pulled Woodson in a pack just before trying to get coins to buy him... Free 500k in my pocket!

Any team defenses you suggest? Been just running Texas (as they are my team), with an Oregon offense... Would be open to a new offense as well, something with 2 HB's and still a bunch of read option, so I could get Spiller on the field with Ricky or Eddie George...

What do you think about LL Ricky vs LL George vs LL AP vs LL James?

My thought now is change RB, maybe make a few coins off that change, get Sanders or Law... Then later on upgrade LOLB
Old 12-31-2013, 01:21 PM   #18
MVP

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eochs
I think I have Ross as my 4th corner, could definitely use an upgrade there... I generally play a mix of 4-3 with nickel as well... I set up my depth chart so I have Brooks starting at ROLB but also listed as the #2 MLB behind Kuechly, so when in a 4-2-5 nickel type package they are both on the field at the same time...

Just about **** myself when I pulled Woodson in a pack just before trying to get coins to buy him... Free 500k in my pocket!

Any team defenses you suggest? Been just running Texas (as they are my team), with an Oregon offense... Would be open to a new offense as well, something with 2 HB's and still a bunch of read option, so I could get Spiller on the field with Ricky or Eddie George...

What do you think about LL Ricky vs LL George vs LL AP vs LL James?

My thought now is change RB, maybe make a few coins off that change, get Sanders or Law... Then later on upgrade LOLB
Depends on how you use the RB's. Ricky is the best out of the 4 you listed in almost every scheme. George is the best power back listed, and James is the best receiver. AP is just a bit of a step down from Ricky, but fairly similar. Since you have Spiller, I'd stay away from James. If you change HB's to gain a few coins, pick up a Deion and put Peterson as your SS. Peterson is probably the best corner to put back there due to his 89 tackle. If you like the 2 hb read option, oregon is the way to go. I know there is one formation in particular with them that with a package puts a HB as the only receiver on the left, and motions him into the backfield on most plays, something that would be nice with Spiller.
Old 12-31-2013, 01:57 PM   #19
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganfan8620
Depends on how you use the RB's. Ricky is the best out of the 4 you listed in almost every scheme. George is the best power back listed, and James is the best receiver. AP is just a bit of a step down from Ricky, but fairly similar. Since you have Spiller, I'd stay away from James. If you change HB's to gain a few coins, pick up a Deion and put Peterson as your SS. Peterson is probably the best corner to put back there due to his 89 tackle. If you like the 2 hb read option, oregon is the way to go. I know there is one formation in particular with them that with a package puts a HB as the only receiver on the left, and motions him into the backfield on most plays, something that would be nice with Spiller.

Thanks for the advice. I see LL Verner out there also with some nice stats for less then half the cost of Sanders. Same with Ty Law. I could do Woodson, Verner, Law, Talib with Berry and Pat Pete as safety. Or for same price Woodson, Sanders, Talib, Ross with same safeties. Just got AP LL for 21,500. I'll hopefully get around 110 for Ricky. Minor step down but rather use that 90k to take defense up a notch
Old 12-31-2013, 02:06 PM   #20
MVP

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eochs
Thanks for the advice. I see LL Verner out there also with some nice stats for less then half the cost of Sanders. Same with Ty Law. I could do Woodson, Verner, Law, Talib with Berry and Pat Pete as safety. Or for same price Woodson, Sanders, Talib, Ross with same safeties. Just got AP LL for 21,500. I'll hopefully get around 110 for Ricky. Minor step down but rather use that 90k to take defense up a notch
Deion is the best man corner with his 97 speed and 98 man. Verner is very good, but Deion is a bit better. Another good option is the leader Alphonso Smith. He also has 97 speed.
Old 12-31-2013, 05:18 PM   #21
Rookie

Did some wheeling and dealing. Polamalu became expendable, and got decent money for hosley also. This should be pretty stout

Woodson
Deion
law
Talib
Ross

Berry

Pat Pete
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-19-2014, 10:52 AM   #22
Pro

Ballgame59's Arena

99 Frazier or 97 V. Young?

I don't run the QB very much. I know I probably should in the game but have not done so very often.
Old 01-19-2014, 11:10 AM   #23
Rookie

ADubbleO7's Arena

Tommie Frazier is like having a running back at QB. If you like to scramble when you get trouble, Frazier is the best. If you like to pass Young might be better but personally I like Frazier.
Old 01-19-2014, 11:56 AM   #24
Pro

Ballgame59's Arena

How important is accuracy in this game? I see Harrington is the most accurate. If I don't run my QB much should I try for someone like that - with more accuracy?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Ultimate Team »