Home

Who should I get?

This is a discussion on Who should I get? within the NCAA Football Ultimate Team Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football > NCAA Football Ultimate Team Forum
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 01-19-2014, 12:05 PM   #25
Pro

Orange Krush's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Who should I get?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballgame59
How important is accuracy in this game? I see Harrington is the most accurate. If I don't run my QB much should I try for someone like that - with more accuracy?
As long as you're not throwing the ball off your back foot or unbalanced someone like Young or Frazier will be just fine. Every once in a while they will miss a throw but it's not very often.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-19-2014, 12:14 PM   #26
Pro

Ballgame59's Arena

OVR: 0

Thanks guys. That's the info that I was looking for.
I already have Young. I think I might try Frazier.
Old 01-19-2014, 12:38 PM   #27
Rookie

Quote:
Thanks guys. That's the info that I was looking for.
I already have Young. I think I might try Frazier.
I really liked the Vince Young card.

IMO, if you are building a team on a budget - I'd find a good QB and HB that fits your style and then invest on defense. The difference between Vince Young Elite and LL Vick/LL Cam/CV RGIII/any other 99 isn't that much. Likewise at RB, unless you have epic Bo, you best to fine one that matches your style. If juke a lot find one with a high juke rating, etc.

I'm a speed and ball security guy at tailback. Some people use the juke, spin or truck button a lot. To me, CV McFadden, Leader Barry Sanders, Leader CJ Spiller and HW Barry Sanders all function about the same and fit my style best. When I use a power back, Leader George, HW Campbell, Rookie Lynch and CV Williams are all pretty similar.
Old 01-19-2014, 01:20 PM   #28
Pro

Quote:
How important is accuracy in this game? I see Harrington is the most accurate. If I don't run my QB much should I try for someone like that - with more accuracy?
I think HW Peyton has the best accuracy. If you wanna build a passing team, I have never used a better qb. Never misses a throw.
Old 01-20-2014, 06:48 AM   #29
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eochs
I think I have Ross as my 4th corner, could definitely use an upgrade there... I generally play a mix of 4-3 with nickel as well... I set up my depth chart so I have Brooks starting at ROLB but also listed as the #2 MLB behind Kuechly, so when in a 4-2-5 nickel type package they are both on the field at the same time...

Just about **** myself when I pulled Woodson in a pack just before trying to get coins to buy him... Free 500k in my pocket!

Any team defenses you suggest? Been just running Texas (as they are my team), with an Oregon offense... Would be open to a new offense as well, something with 2 HB's and still a bunch of read option, so I could get Spiller on the field with Ricky or Eddie George...

What do you think about LL Ricky vs LL George vs LL AP vs LL James?

My thought now is change RB, maybe make a few coins off that change, get Sanders or Law... Then later on upgrade LOLB
DEFENSE:
My DEF players are comparable to yours (minus Brooks and Woodson...can't believe you got him in a PACK), and I go back and forth between 4-2-5 and 3-4 Multiple. But honestly, I almost EXCLUSIVELY use Dime and Quarters formations, which I'm sure are included in ALL playbooks (although it's been awhile since I've used anything besides 3-4 or 4-2-5, so I may be wrong about that????). Anyways, with YOUR caliber Secondary and D-line, you can just run Cover 2 (or pretty much any type of man coverage with safety help over the top) out of Dime or Quarters, and you'll rarely play against someone who:

A) has good enough receivers/O-line
-AND-

B) is smart enough to figure out how
to throw the ball with success against this scheme. In fact, you can likely just set the controller down after the snap and let your elite players do their thing (just be ready to pick it back up to run back INTs lol)

And if/when he starts to run the ball, i can usually stop that with blitzes: swapping between Dbl CB and Dbl Sfty blitzes (both are rly effective in stopping the read option as well).

But lately I've actually found that I can still use a "coverage" play and just shift my secondary pre-snap to "show blitz" (Triangle, Left on ps3). The SS will come forward like he's blitzing and (depending on the OFF formation) the the LB and slot CBs will all shift around, leaving 6 or 7 guys hovering around the LOS, USUALLY giving someone a straight lane to the RB. Even if the RB sheds that first tackler b/c he's a DB, that hit slows him down enough to let everyone else get off their blocks and get him.

Realistically,over the course of a game, if the guy is smart enough to run the ball just about EVERY play, i would probably lose 75% of the time, b/c I'll easily give up 5-8 yd rushes since its a bunch of DBs vs 5 giant OL but, about 1 out of 3, I'll stop him for no gain or a TFL, cuz they're so speedy that they slip through the gaps. And most ppl have NO patience with the run game if they lose yards once or twice lol.

OFFENSE:
AUB's playbook is AWESOME for 2 rbs. Just have to use right joystick to change packages (ie "HB Slot"-- in one shotgun formation this puts the RB1 out at WR and there's about 5 rd opt plays that have him coming in motion, and there are several formations that u can do this on)...confuses the $hitt outta ppl! Try it out.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
Old 01-20-2014, 09:59 AM   #30
Rookie

Leader cam is great if u can afford him. Hes the best all around i believe. Throwing power .. Accuracy.. Tall . Good on the scramble and rarely fumbles. I like to run shotgun with the occassional read option to mix it up.

Ucla playbook is who i use . Its about 60% pass. Has mostly pistol and shotgun. Liked west virginia playbook too.
Old 02-05-2014, 10:52 PM   #31
Pro

Ballgame59's Arena

TC Rodgers or TC Luck?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-05-2014, 11:23 PM   #32
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UMkris
Woodson is a great player but in your case I wouldn't spend all of your money on one player (if you can even find Woodson for that much). I would get D. Sanders at CB for about 120K and then get D. Clark at TE for about 20K. TC Lewis is about 120k and there is no way I would ever pay 100K or more for a TE. Ok maybe for Rookie V. Davis because I have him and he's unstoppable against any LB and most CB's. Peppers is money and definitely worth the 180K or so. Elite D. Thomas is only about 90k and I hear he is really good as well for half the money but I've never used him. You also should get TC Law. That dude catches everything and you can get him for 70-80k easy. In my experiences I have found that the most important position is CB by far. I pretty much had what you have now and found that I was getting killed because my Secondary wasn't top notch. Now I have HW Woodson, CV Woodson, Pat Pet, Sanders, Law, Honey Badger, 99 Taylor, 99 Berry. I have Pat Pete at SS because Troy just wasn't good enough. Just my 2 cents. Good luck!!

He pretty much hit it spot on.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football > NCAA Football Ultimate Team Forum »