Home

Who should I get?

This is a discussion on Who should I get? within the NCAA Football Ultimate Team Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football > NCAA Football Ultimate Team Forum
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 12-30-2013, 11:18 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Who should I get?

I have about 500k now, trying to figure out who to get next... My current team (starters only)

QB Vick 99
HB CV Ricky
HB LL Spiller
FB CV Schmidt
WR CV Crabtree
WR CV Fitz
WR 98 Moss
WR CV Desean Jackson
WR LL Jacoby Ford
TE Heath Miller
TE Kellen Winslow
OL Lots of 94-95 guys

DE CV Orakpo
DE 98 TC Watt
DT HW Suh
DT 96 Hampton
LB TC Brooks
LB 99 Kuechly
LB 97 Messina
LB 96 Sammy Brown
CB 98 Pat Pete
CB 97 Talib
CB 96 Aaron Ross
FS 99 Reed (had Taylor also, sold him for 375k, liked Reed better)
SS Polamalu

So where do I go from here? Thinking about selling CV Williams (tough though I am a Longhorn) to get LL Eddie George. I run mostly read option with 99 Vick, so the yards up the middle George's trucking for picking up a 1st down would be key.

99 Julius Peppers to replace Orakpo?
Mercedes Lewis TC?
CV Woodson to play alongside Pat Pete?

am on Xbox
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-30-2013, 11:33 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: Who should I get?

Woodson, he is the best player on the game IMO. I can't say enough about how well he is on defense, special teams, etc. He is a game changer.
Old 12-30-2013, 11:42 AM   #3
Rookie

UMkris's Arena

Woodson is a great player but in your case I wouldn't spend all of your money on one player (if you can even find Woodson for that much). I would get D. Sanders at CB for about 120K and then get D. Clark at TE for about 20K. TC Lewis is about 120k and there is no way I would ever pay 100K or more for a TE. Ok maybe for Rookie V. Davis because I have him and he's unstoppable against any LB and most CB's. Peppers is money and definitely worth the 180K or so. Elite D. Thomas is only about 90k and I hear he is really good as well for half the money but I've never used him. You also should get TC Law. That dude catches everything and you can get him for 70-80k easy. In my experiences I have found that the most important position is CB by far. I pretty much had what you have now and found that I was getting killed because my Secondary wasn't top notch. Now I have HW Woodson, CV Woodson, Pat Pet, Sanders, Law, Honey Badger, 99 Taylor, 99 Berry. I have Pat Pete at SS because Troy just wasn't good enough. Just my 2 cents. Good luck!!
Old 12-30-2013, 11:52 AM   #4
Rookie

Woodson I would think. I've said it before, absolute eraser can turn an offense 1D almost by himself.
Old 12-30-2013, 12:05 PM   #5
Rookie

I'd buy Woodson or Rookie Vernon Davis. Outside of the Epic Bo, these are the two most dominant players in the game IMO. CB is the most important position in the game IMO.

The difference between Rookie Vernon Davis and any other TE in the game is night and day. Huge mismatch if you run a passing offense and he's a respectable run blocker. None of the LBs in the game can cover him. Dallas Clark/TC Lewis just can't get separation like Davis. Gold Vernon Davis/Elite Winslow are similar but just not quite as good.

Sell your running backs while they have value. A good 98/99 back can be found for cheap. You aren't going notice a huge difference and we are likely to get several new 98/99 overall backs (Leader Barry Sanders, Leader Marcus Allen, etc) that will drop prices. Leader George is solid for me but I have been effective with Leader Ball, HW Barry Sanders, CV McFadden, HW Peterson and Elite McFadden. Obviously find a back that fits your style - hell an Elite Bettis is effective on inside runs and he'll be available at 3k.

I would assume you have no problem scoring but have issues defending the pass with that lineup. If so, that should point your in a good direction.

Last edited by marks0124; 12-30-2013 at 12:11 PM. Reason: b
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-30-2013, 12:14 PM   #6
Rookie

Yeah, will prob not get a TE (I do have Clark also, forgot about him), as I maybe throw to a TE once or twice a game)...

I think I'll go for either Sanders or Law and get Peppers as well, and probably change RB's... I don't truly need as much depth on receiver, so I could sell my Moss or Crabtree (probably Crabtree as worth the most)... Been very happy with Jacoby Ford on KR, so not sure Woodsen gives much upside on that...

Its either Sanders/Law, Peppers, Eddie George, or Woodson and Eddie George... If I sell Crabtree, then I can do Woodson, Eddie George, and Peppers... That would be a pretty good upgrade from Talib, CV Williams, and Orakpo
Old 12-30-2013, 12:50 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eochs
Yeah, will prob not get a TE (I do have Clark also, forgot about him), as I maybe throw to a TE once or twice a game)...

I think I'll go for either Sanders or Law and get Peppers as well, and probably change RB's... I don't truly need as much depth on receiver, so I could sell my Moss or Crabtree (probably Crabtree as worth the most)... Been very happy with Jacoby Ford on KR, so not sure Woodsen gives much upside on that...

Its either Sanders/Law, Peppers, Eddie George, or Woodson and Eddie George... If I sell Crabtree, then I can do Woodson, Eddie George, and Peppers... That would be a pretty good upgrade from Talib, CV Williams, and Orakpo
Your headed in the right direction. I'd focus on Woodson though - Deion and Law are good but Woodson's on a another level. Plays the run well, is a ball hawk and covers like a blanket. I paid 2.35 million for my HH Woodson (before the "boasted packs" of course) and I'd do the same thing again. The 6 weeks of Woodson were worth the million plus coins I gave up. And CV Woodson is even better.
Old 12-30-2013, 01:34 PM   #8
Rookie

Im telling you, Woodson is worth every penny, he is a game changer. If someone throws a pass and he is near, they aren't going to catch it and Woodson may catch it. If he catches it, he will run it back, immediately turns into a running back in open field.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football > NCAA Football Ultimate Team Forum »