Home

Old 01-09-2014, 01:41 PM   #9
Rookie

UMkris's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: New playbook

Quote:
Originally Posted by regoob2
Run the bottom alignment on the 3-4 where it pinches the DL in. Do you have good blockshed D players?
I have 99 Thomas, 99 Sapp, and 99 Peppers as my 3 DL and 99 Brooks, 99 Kuechly , 97 G. Jones, and 99 Miller as the LB's. I tried a 4-3 but the LB's get smoked when you pass the ball.
Old 01-09-2014, 01:52 PM   #10
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UMkris
I have 99 Thomas, 99 Sapp, and 99 Peppers as my 3 DL and 99 Brooks, 99 Kuechly , 97 G. Jones, and 99 Miller as the LB's. I tried a 4-3 but the LB's get smoked when you pass the ball.
LBs can't cover. I'd blitz more then. Your players obviously aren't the issue. I like to blitz the safeties out of dime and let the CBs play man to man. The CBs are close to the line as well so it's almost like bringing all 11 to the LOS.
Old 01-09-2014, 01:54 PM   #11
Rookie

If you arent blitzing fairly heavily there is no reason to go out of a 3/4. Solid is decent against a running attack, BUT can get you killed in the passing game if you can't get pressure on.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-09-2014, 01:55 PM   #12
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eochs
I cannot master this 3-3-5. Time for me to try a 3-4 I think
I hated the 3-3-5. I feel it's pointless since it just brings in another SS. The SSs in this mode suck. I'd rather run dollar and use 4 CBs. Elite CBs play the run as well as SSs.
Old 01-09-2014, 01:56 PM   #13
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAJ16
If you arent blitzing fairly heavily there is no reason to go out of a 3/4. Solid is decent against a running attack, BUT can get you killed in the passing game if you can't get pressure on.
I run the 3-4 and I only blitz against the run. It's hard to run a 4-3 with the read option.
Old 01-09-2014, 02:19 PM   #14
Rookie

What are you running when you suspect pass then? Just curious. Not saying its wrong, I run some zones out of 3-4 odd that I'm pleased with. I just rarely run solid unless I have a specific pressure I am trying to get off or if I'm hedging against run.
Old 01-09-2014, 02:51 PM   #15
Rookie

UMkris's Arena

The hardest thing is when the guy your playing goes 4 WR and 1 HB. You know he's going to run the ball but you have to play a D that has 4 CB's against his 4 WR's or he will just change it at the line to a pass if he sees a LB on a WR. Happened a few times last night. Couldn't stop the short hand off to 98 Ingram. He accelerated the clock and took the entire 2nd half and won.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-09-2014, 03:00 PM   #16
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UMkris
The hardest thing is when the guy your playing goes 4 WR and 1 HB. You know he's going to run the ball but you have to play a D that has 4 CB's against his 4 WR's or he will just change it at the line to a pass if he sees a LB on a WR. Happened a few times last night. Couldn't stop the short hand off to 98 Ingram. He accelerated the clock and took the entire 2nd half and won.
Just run dime and bring a safety down or run dime pinch the DL and actually blitz both safeties. The safeties pick up the QB on read option, can stop the RB and are blitzing the QB.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Ultimate Team »