Home

Disconnects late in games

This is a discussion on Disconnects late in games within the NCAA Football Ultimate Team forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Ultimate Team
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-04-2014, 12:58 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Disconnects late in games

All, this is something I've ran into twice today and probably 5 times in the past week or so.

As the game is winding down (almost always with under 2 minutes in the 4th), I will have the ball and will be running clock. My opponent will call timeout, and then immediately it will go into "Please Wait" and disconnect. I get the win every time, and my assumption has always been that they are bitter and just quit.

However, I've started messaging people and telling them not to quit even if they're about to lose, because we both lose coins. While it may not be a ton, completing a game results in about 500 more coins for each party than if you quit. Over time, that adds up (I'm 400 games in, so that's 200K coins over the life of it). Anyways, they are consistently responding with "I didn't quit" or something along those lines.

Now, I'm not doing anything to force a DC --- hell, if I did/could, I would do it much earlier and stop wasting so much time actually playing games --- but it's happened to me at least 5 times in the past week.

Is anyone else experiencing this? If it was only one person saying it, I would probably write it off as them being a lying douchebag, but now I'm starting to wonder.

Thoughts?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-04-2014, 01:07 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Disconnects late in games

I can't say for sure. I got a weird disco this week when I tied it up with 30 seconds left and he disco'd. I was curious why someone would do that so I messaged him and he basically said what you are saying now, that he did not quit.
Old 02-04-2014, 01:10 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAJ16
I can't say for sure. I got a weird disco this week when I tied it up with 30 seconds left and he disco'd. I was curious why someone would do that so I messaged him and he basically said what you are saying now, that he did not quit.

I mean, in one of my games this morning, I was about the 35 with the ball with 30 or so seconds left in a tie game. While unlikely, I could've easily missed the FG that I was about to kick and it gone to overtime, so it was just bizarre that he would quit....I'm actually believing now that he probably didn't.

I'm just trying to figure out what could be causing it. I'm not doing anything at all when it happens -- usually I've just run the ball and he's called timeout, and then it freezes and disconnects.

Thank goodness I'm getting these wins since I'd have won them anyways most of the time, but it's still bizarre.
Old 02-04-2014, 01:47 PM   #4
Pro

Ballgame59's Arena

Could it be from calling time outs late in the game?
Old 02-04-2014, 03:08 PM   #5
Cooking With Sauce

thesportsguru11's Arena

I got a weird dc once. The guy had just taken the lead late in the 4th. I had no timeouts and I had about 20 seconds to try and score again.

But, he quit after scoring that go ahead TD. Never messaged the guy, but to this day I'm still not 100% sure what happened.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-04-2014, 05:08 PM   #6
Rookie

Good thing you posted this, as I was about to complain about the same issue. These disconnects have made the game unplayable for me over the last few days. I get matched up, (usually) have a good game, then somewhere after the first two quarters, my game just freezes and disconnects me. The only problem is the fact that it doesn't bring up the "Quit and count game" option, it just tells me to end the game and sometimes brings me back to the main screen, telling me I've lost connection to the EA servers. Sometimes I win because of this, but sometimes it counts the game as a loss, which is very frustrating seeing as how I was winning on more than one occasion. In fact, I lost a playoff game down 7 with the ball in the 4th quarter.

Still not sure as to whether or not this is my internet acting up for whatever reason or if this is simply EA's problem. My computer rarely has problems connecting, but it runs through an Ethernet Cable, while my Xbox runs through wireless internet. Hopefully this is resolved soon and I can just enjoy NFUT again.
Old 02-04-2014, 06:12 PM   #7
Pro

Orange Krush's Arena

OVR: 2

I think that the vast majority of these are simply the other guy pulling out their cord, especially when they are down late in the game. They don't want to lose so they pull their cord and hope that something gets messed up and they somehow get a win or it doesn't count. Other times, it's simply that the servers kick both of you out of the game and it doesn't count. I believe that EA's servers are to blame. They aren't the best and sometimes award wins to the wrong person.
Old 02-04-2014, 07:02 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange Krush
I think that the vast majority of these are simply the other guy pulling out their cord, especially when they are down late in the game. They don't want to lose so they pull their cord and hope that something gets messed up and they somehow get a win or it doesn't count. Other times, it's simply that the servers kick both of you out of the game and it doesn't count. I believe that EA's servers are to blame. They aren't the best and sometimes award wins to the wrong person.

I would agree with you except for the scenario where the other player is still well in the game when he disconnects. It just makes no sense that they would quit in those situations, and then it makes no sense that ALL of them would say they didn't quit intentionally.

If it was an isolated occurence I would agree, but in this case it's not.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Ultimate Team »