Home

Old 02-05-2014, 11:47 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: LB Discussion

I have started doing that some. FWIW, I do run a lot of Dime and Quarter. I know 5 wide sets are popular and you have to have coverage on them.

I have found that two correct directional guesses against a clock killer are all you need to win games against them... get them 3rd and long and for some reason it screws with them big time.and of course they go for it on 4th, but even then they are slightly out of their element and usually predictably run five wide and flush the pocket on 4th and moderate.
Old 02-05-2014, 12:28 PM   #10
Rookie

I just like jarvis like these like weatherspoon. 97 Keuchly is a great card. Flip a coin.
Old 02-08-2014, 06:04 PM   #11
Pro

Ballgame59's Arena

Since I play mostly Dime & Quarter - which MLB or ANY LB for that matter is the best in coverage?

Last edited by Ballgame59; 02-08-2014 at 06:10 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-08-2014, 06:36 PM   #12
Rookie

I use LL von miller he is absolute beast when you know the pass is coming otherwise LL kuechly gets it done in coverage and run stuffing. You got to user them though cause the computer cant do crap with them.
Old 02-08-2014, 06:50 PM   #13
Rookie

I have a lot of thoughts about this subject and this thread in general.

1.) You guys must play completely different people than I do. I rarely play guys who go 5 wide, and I absolutely love when I do because I demolish them. Even against 4-wide sets I still play 2 linebackers (usually a 3-2-6).

2.) I'm not sure why the hatred for clock-killing. I play as much as I can, and while I don't always run conservative, for me it's as much a time-saver as it is anything else. Games can take a ridiculously long time if they just play out naturally, so I run clock so I can get more games in during the times I play. Frankly, my mentality is that if you don't like it, stop me. Further, I love playing against people who try to do it to me because I almost never lose. In fact, I can only think of once that I lost and it was because of a bizarre fumble.

3.) My base defense is a 3-3-5, and my backers are, in order, LL Jones, Elite Lewis, and TC Brooks. I consider them mostly interchangeable, honestly...I don't notice much of a difference between any of them, which is to say they are all very good. The only times I'm hesitant to match any of them up against a TE is when it's an Elite Winslow or Clark. Beyond that, they can take on TE's, and I have ways to counteract if someone is abusing them. I've never had a 99 Keuchly, but I would imagine he's sick and would replace any of these three in most scenarios.
Old 02-08-2014, 09:17 PM   #14
Rookie

Seems like, in general, this topic is "to each his own," but to answer the question of BEST cover LB, who has the best MCV stat (with a SPD of at least 87--AGI and ACC are probably important too...)? I'm not sayin attributes are gospel, but that can take the subjectivity out of the argument and maybe solve the "coin flip" issue lol

Here are my LB's cover ratings :

SPD/AGI/ACC/MCV

99 Brooks - 90/87/91/72 *86 ZCV
99 Kuech - 90/86/88/67
97 Kuech. - 89/85/86/62
97 Lewis. - 88/84/85/65
98 Jones. - 87/84/90/68
95 Hawk. - 88/84/85/67

*75 (Hawk) is the next highest in ZCV, so thought it was worth pointing this out.

Based on this I'd say it's pretty clear that Brooks is my best coverage backer...in fact I've swapped him and Jones, since the TE is lined up across the LOLB more often than not...

If anyone has these stats for some of the other upper-tier LBs (esp Rey, as i contemplate buying him lol), I'd love to compare...

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
Old 02-08-2014, 10:07 PM   #15
Pro

Ballgame59's Arena

Thanks. Working on the TC Brooks now.
I have 97 Kuelchy and 95 Hawk as well but Im never having to use 3 LBs. And to be fair, most of the time that I give up yards is between the MLB and the Safety.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-09-2014, 12:56 AM   #16
Rookie

Rookie Morgan (95 on the card but 97 in the depth chart) has been killing it for me. Whether in coverage or as a spy in quarters when they go 5 wide, he's always around the ball. He's got 4-5 pick 6's in 20-25 games. I user an end against the 5 wide scramblers, and if I screw up and miss him Morgan is almost always there to clean it up.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Ultimate Team »