Home

Old 02-05-2014, 09:20 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
LB Discussion

Everyone knows corner is probably the most important position on the field, but I've been getting more intrigued in what makes for good linebacker play in this game.

As a for instance, I used to value speed more than anything at just about all positions, but I'm beginning to wonder if it isn't an overrated statistic with LBs. For example, I picked up a Gold Takeo Spikes, and have noticed that he just gets it done. Very difficult to block and lays the wood. Also, he doesn't seem nearly in bad as coverage as you might expect given his speed issues.

I guess Ijust thought linebacker discussion thread would be cool. I have two questions myself.

1) What stats do you value most in your LBs. Essentially, what makes a great LB in NCAA?

2) Do you play many LBs OOP?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-05-2014, 09:48 AM   #2
Cooking With Sauce

thesportsguru11's Arena

Re: LB Discussion

The thing I value most isn't a stat. It's how they play in clutch situations. And that's why I loved LL Weatherspoon sooooo much. He delivered every clutch play I needed. Picks at the 1 right when the other guy's about to make the game winning score, to picking off a read option pitch 5 yards from the end zone in the last minute to seal the championship.
Old 02-05-2014, 10:02 AM   #3
Pro

Ballgame59's Arena

Unfortunately I'm finding that only the MLB is important with so many people playing 4-5 receiver sets and QB runs. My MLB has to have good play recognition since he has to spy the QB and/or defend the pass over the middle.
So having said that - I value awareness, tackling and coverage.

I use 97 Kuelchy. Think I could find someone better there to fit my criteria?
Old 02-05-2014, 10:16 AM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesportsguru11
The thing I value most isn't a stat. It's how they play in clutch situations. And that's why I loved LL Weatherspoon sooooo much. He delivered every clutch play I needed. Picks at the 1 right when the other guy's about to make the game winning score, to picking off a read option pitch 5 yards from the end zone in the last minute to seal the championship.
Believe it or not, I believe in the 89 Weatherspoon as much as I do most elite LBs I've played with. Very underrated card.
Old 02-05-2014, 11:09 AM   #5
Rookie

The 4 and 5 wide sets kill the lb spot. I basically can only use 1 lb at a time in fear of the out patterns. I keep leader jarvis in qb spys and zones. Great run stuff guy too.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-05-2014, 11:19 AM   #6
Pro

Ballgame59's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by stand ur ground
The 4 and 5 wide sets kill the lb spot. I basically can only use 1 lb at a time in fear of the out patterns. I keep leader jarvis in qb spys and zones. Great run stuff guy too.
I'm with ya on that. See my post 2 posts down. Think I should replace Kuelchy with LL Jarvis?
Old 02-05-2014, 11:23 AM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by stand ur ground
Surely I'm not the only person annoyed by clock killers?
Old 02-05-2014, 11:32 AM   #8
Rookie

Soonermagic69's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAJ16
Surely I'm not the only person annoyed by clock killers?
We all are, your best chance to stop them is to have players with high hit power overalls. Then set your adjustments for strip ball and hard hits to aggressive . This helped me a couple of times against clock killers

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Ultimate Team »