Home

AWR - does it matter?

This is a discussion on AWR - does it matter? within the NCAA Football Ultimate Team forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Ultimate Team
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-09-2014, 06:20 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
AWR - does it matter?

Just curious if anyone notices when high/low AWR ratings make a diff in a player's ability...and on Def, what would the diff between PRC and AWR be?

What positions do you think/know that it makes a real diff? For instance, I don't put any stock into a QB/RB's AWR. If I'm controlling him, what affect can it have? I would assume it helps RBs pick up a blitz, but can't think of how else it would affect it...

How much of a factor do you think it is in a player's actual ability?

Curious, b/c I've collected a healthy stable of CBs and am taking everyone's advice by putting CBs at safety...I've had about 4 straight games now where i either lost or almost lost to ppl with significantly worse teams than mine, and I'm wondering if the drop in AWR rating for these CBs playing out of position is playing a big part in that....

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-09-2014, 06:31 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: AWR - does it matter?

A awr is the players awareness of their self and others
Old 02-09-2014, 06:59 PM   #3
Cooking With Sauce

thesportsguru11's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirk4prez
Just curious if anyone notices when high/low AWR ratings make a diff in a player's ability...and on Def, what would the diff between PRC and AWR be?

What positions do you think/know that it makes a real diff? For instance, I don't put any stock into a QB/RB's AWR. If I'm controlling him, what affect can it have? I would assume it helps RBs pick up a blitz, but can't think of how else it would affect it...

How much of a factor do you think it is in a player's actual ability?

Curious, b/c I've collected a healthy stable of CBs and am taking everyone's advice by putting CBs at safety...I've had about 4 straight games now where i either lost or almost lost to ppl with significantly worse teams than mine, and I'm wondering if the drop in AWR rating for these CBs playing out of position is playing a big part in that....

Ur losses had nothing to do with awareness. The sliders were messed up something fierce yesterday afternoon/night. I nearly lost to a guy with a team chock full of bad golds. People were talking about how their CV Ricky was fumbling thanks to gold safeties and stuff.
Old 02-09-2014, 07:14 PM   #4
Rookie

That's reassuring thanks!

Old 02-09-2014, 08:24 PM   #5
Rookie

I really think it matters a lot, actually, but only for specific positions. Like you, QB or RB is irrelevant for me -- I'm controlling them so it doesn't matter.

For example, at WR, I discovered a marked decrease in passes that went past my receivers when I upgraded to guys with a higher AWR. Usually I would have one or two passes a game, usually quick slants, that would sail past the receiver. Now, I can't name the last time it's happened.

I think it makes a huge difference at corner/safety as well. I tried HW Mathieu at safety, and while he made numerous plays, he also got caught out of position badly a few times. It obviously all depends on how you play, but safety is the last position where I want guys out of position if I'm depending on them to be the last line of defense. This is especially true if I'm playing zone. I think you might get some good plays out of playing corners at safety, etc, but it didn't work well for me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-10-2014, 04:42 AM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelT
I really think it matters a lot, actually, but only for specific positions. Like you, QB or RB is irrelevant for me -- I'm controlling them so it doesn't matter.

For example, at WR, I discovered a marked decrease in passes that went past my receivers when I upgraded to guys with a higher AWR. Usually I would have one or two passes a game, usually quick slants, that would sail past the receiver. Now, I can't name the last time it's happened.

I think it makes a huge difference at corner/safety as well. I tried HW Mathieu at safety, and while he made numerous plays, he also got caught out of position badly a few times. It obviously all depends on how you play, but safety is the last position where I want guys out of position if I'm depending on them to be the last line of defense. This is especially true if I'm playing zone. I think you might get some good plays out of playing corners at safety, etc, but it didn't work well for me.
Thanks rebel. As far as playing CBs at safety, I'm curious to hear from the other side, since so many ppl on here have recommended elite Peterson and a few other CBs as upgrades to the safety position...I bought Pat Pete and tried using him and Mathieu back there over Reed and Polamalu/Barron, and I've noticed the exact same thing as you!

The most obvious examples are TE streaks that a guy will throw right where the safeties are zoned. My guy will be right there, but is literally turned around (back to the qb lol), hunched over allowing an easy catch...and its hard to describe, but he doesn't even engage to tackle and the TE will run 10 more yds, untouched before someone chases him down. And another effect I've noticed is that safety blitzes aren't as effective. I like to run that "dbl safety go" blitz outta dime and Reed, Polamalu, and/or Barron would shoot through the line like rabid dogs when I used them. Always had multiple sacks and tfl's with my safeties. And i figured PP and Badger's better spd and pur would make that blitz even more effective, but they just seem to get swallowed up in the O Line every time...and if they run PA, those two might as well just run back to the bench mid-play, b/c they don't ever seem to realize the qb still has the ball lol. When I use my ACTUAL safeties, they usually bite on the fake for like a second and the get rt back to chasing down the qb (Polamalu will sometimes even ignore it and just DESTROY the qb).

So I'm just going to go back to playing it straight i think, so I'm excited to see Pat Pete's true potential in his natural position. And now i can sell off one or two of these high-dollar CBs that have been stuck in slot coverage...any suggestion who to keep between Verner and Heyward?

Old 02-10-2014, 09:35 AM   #7
Rookie

UMkris's Arena

I used to play Pat Pete at SS but I had the same things happen that you mentioned. Now, he's a 99 OVR player so of course he's going to make some plays but even with that I didn't like the production I was getting. I tried Polamalu but was not impressed with him or any of the SS. SO NOW I have 99 Berry at FS and 99 Taylor at SS. His awareness is still low but he is so good in the box that now I pretty much show blitz to bring him down and have Berry over the top since he is so fast and can make plays everywhere. This is the best combo I have used so far. I would have to say that 96 TC Barron is the best SS in my opinion.
Old 02-10-2014, 10:16 AM   #8
Rookie

I need to get a TC Barron. He's one I haven't tried yet. I currently use Polamalu and love him, but I also don't use him in deep coverage much.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Ultimate Team »