Home

Absurd dropped picks

This is a discussion on Absurd dropped picks within the NCAA Football Ultimate Team forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Ultimate Team
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-05-2014, 05:55 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Absurd dropped picks

I'm glad I finally have an outlet for these sorts of things, but I'm curious if anyone else has experienced this.

I have a phenomenal secondary.

CV Woodson
HW Mathieu
Elite Law
Elite Cason
Elite Claiborne

LL Reed
Gold Berry

TC Polamalu
Elite Brown

I realize that Polamalu and Brown don't have the best catch (71/78, respectively), nor do Reed and Berry (74/67, respectively), but my corners are all pretty good -- 85, 79, 86, 79, 74, in order of above.

Bottom line, I just played a guy that was grossly outmatched (in fact, I think it had to be a young kid). I had a bare minimum of 25 swats, but only a couple of picks, one of which was by Ray Lewis. I had at least 10 straight-out dropped picks, some of which were just thrown right to me.

Anyone else experienced this? Do you have a recommended fix? I know how to pick balls (that sounds awkward) and do it often, but some games I just can't seem to get picks for anything. I realize that catch in traffic matters too, but some of these drops were just out in the middle of nowhere.

Thoughts?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-05-2014, 06:28 PM   #2
Banned

Re: Absurd dropped picks

some games just end with weird sliders. I use to think it was just playoffs and championship games but sometimes I hit regular season games where my LL moss is shut down by a gold corner or my Woodson gets burned by a gold wr.
Old 02-05-2014, 07:31 PM   #3
Rookie

Re: Absurd dropped picks

Are you letting the comp control or are you ball hawking (switching and holding triangle) ? Someome told me they tend to reward ball hawking...I can't rly confirm that, bc I'm not the best at ball hawking...another thing I'VE noticed is that zone coverages tend to get me more pics (which makes sense) and also when players jump routes--as oppose to falling away in man coverage. Can't really control this since you need the opponent to run curls, ins, etc, but I've noticed that they'll jump routes better if you dont press...My players def make the pic about 5x more when they're running towards the qb...

but trust me, I've def had the type of games ur describing above...when Verner was my #1 it was BRUTAL. that dude must not have thumbs or something!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Ultimate Team »