Home

What defensive plays are your favorite?

This is a discussion on What defensive plays are your favorite? within the NCAA Football Ultimate Team forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Ultimate Team
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-10-2014, 08:51 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: What defensive plays are your favorite?

Oops stupid app

Last edited by Dirk4prez; 02-10-2014 at 08:55 PM.
Old 02-10-2014, 09:18 PM   #10
Rookie

malowry's Arena

OVR: 3

Like Orange Krush said, mixing it up defensively is key. If you run the same kind of defense all game, even the worst player will adapt and beat you when it counts.

Typically, I like to run hybrid plays, with some guys playing man and my safeties in zones. If my opponent starts abusing curls, I'll tighten up coverage and run more zone. If I'm getting beaten deep, I'll probably back off and run more man, etc. My single favorite play is probably Cover 1 Spy from Oklahoma's playbook because it has a little bit of everything.
Old 02-10-2014, 10:15 PM   #11
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by malowry
Like Orange Krush said, mixing it up defensively is key. If you run the same kind of defense all game, even the worst player will adapt and beat you when it counts.

Typically, I like to run hybrid plays, with some guys playing man and my safeties in zones. If my opponent starts abusing curls, I'll tighten up coverage and run more zone. If I'm getting beaten deep, I'll probably back off and run more man, etc. My single favorite play is probably Cover 1 Spy from Oklahoma's playbook because it has a little bit of everything.

Ok I have been wondering this for awhile... Is a 4-3 defense different from one team to another??? Like is an Oklahoma 4-3 different from a Baylor 4-3??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-10-2014, 10:16 PM   #12
Banned

Btw idk if Baylor or Oklahoma have 4-3 just wanted an example

Old 02-10-2014, 10:18 PM   #13
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyM921
Btw idk if Baylor or Oklahoma have 4-3 just wanted an example

Yes and no.

What you'll get between teams is different formations. For example, Baylor has a 4-3 Stack, 4-3 Over, etc, plus a Nickel 3-3-5, Dime 3-2-6, Quarters 2 and Quarters 3, plus goal line. I don't know exactly what Oklahoma has but I bet it's not identical to what Baylor has.

Bottom line is that the plays within each FORMATION will be the same (for example, the Nickel 3-3-5 Stack in Baylor's playbook is the same as the Nickel 3-3-5 Stack in Arizona's playbook), but there will be different formations, which contain different plays, in each playbook.
Old 02-10-2014, 10:31 PM   #14
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelT
Yes and no.

What you'll get between teams is different formations. For example, Baylor has a 4-3 Stack, 4-3 Over, etc, plus a Nickel 3-3-5, Dime 3-2-6, Quarters 2 and Quarters 3, plus goal line. I don't know exactly what Oklahoma has but I bet it's not identical to what Baylor has.

Bottom line is that the plays within each FORMATION will be the same (for example, the Nickel 3-3-5 Stack in Baylor's playbook is the same as the Nickel 3-3-5 Stack in Arizona's playbook), but there will be different formations, which contain different plays, in each playbook.

You 100% sure about this??? I remember being curious about this when I first started playing, and looking thru a few diff teams' and they all seemed to be the same...figured the "team" associated with the pb was just a novelty...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 02-10-2014, 10:39 PM   #15
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirk4prez
You 100% sure about this??? I remember being curious about this when I first started playing, and looking thru a few diff teams' and they all seemed to be the same...figured the "team" associated with the pb was just a novelty...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

No question. I'm not saying there are huge differences, but each playbook will have minor differences in formations. There may be some that are the same, but there are definitely some that are very much different.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-11-2014, 01:13 PM   #16
Rookie

Syxxpac78's Arena

OVR: 7

I still love the basic over storm brave blitz play out of the 4-3. It was my one saving grace quite a bit when I was doing the impossible challenge games. You just have to do it at the right time in passing situations or Epic Bo would gut you if you guessed wrong. Plus you need a MLB with Decent speed to rush the QB or you can get screwed as well.

I also like the cover 2 play where your spy is the d-lineman against an option team or someone that always scrambles out of the pocket before they pass. I put my DE's out in the flats and use Sapp to contain the QB or chase down any screens.......plus if you play it right he can bat down a ton of passes

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Ultimate Team »