Home

Running Clock

This is a discussion on Running Clock within the NCAA Football Ultimate Team Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football > NCAA Football Ultimate Team Forum
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 02-11-2014, 09:00 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Running Clock

Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelT
I tell you what, you guys can get on me for running clock all you want, but at least it's not glitching.

I just played some piece of sh*t who ran the same play over and over, and I got to noticing that the defender freezed at the snap every time, making the guy wide open. The only way to possibly defend it is so manually control and stop it. I literally triple-teamed the same guy on every play, and every time the defenders froze and he broke free.

THAT is bull****. It's a glitch in the game, period.

Goes by WE TR1PPY MANE on xbox.
Was it a flag route with Ginn every play. Because that seems pretty familiar to what happened to me yesterday.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-11-2014, 09:05 PM   #26
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAJ16
Was it a flag route with Ginn every play. Because that seems pretty familiar to what happened to me yesterday.

He comes out in a spread tight 3 wide, 1 TE, 1 RB, except at TE he has Jacoby Ford and DeSean Jackson. He motions the TE across the formation, and the TE basically runs straight to the back corner.
Old 02-11-2014, 09:28 PM   #27
Rookie

A couple of general thoughts. Just for the record - I play online under two accounts. My main account where my team is a 99 overall and under a second "farm" account where I storing players for future collections. That team is usually between a 92 and a 94. I enjoy playing under this account as it gives me an "underdog" role.

It's really hard to run a run based offense and not manage the clock. If you run a triple option playbook - you have no real way to score quickly. I've been running Wisconsin's playbook some - it's real limited of "usable" pass plays. You almost have no choice but to manage the clock if you are going to run this type of attack.

If you are playing a team that's much better than you - you might as well forget about throwing the ball to your WR's. Cover Woodson/HW Woodson make so many specular plays that it's really unfair and I'm saying this owning both of them. You can make the right read, throw the ball at the right time and do a correct directional position and touch on the pass and still see a flying one handed int where woodson leaped 6 feet in the air. It doesn't happen every time - but it'll happen at least once a game if you WR's aren't the 99's and that's enough to lose a shootout. Your only real option to score against one of these "mega" teams is to use some sort of rushing attack, throw a lot of passses to your backs/TE's or run some sort of glitch. Using either one of the first strategies just isn't going to let you score quickly - which will bring you back to managing the clock.

I don't mind managing the clock. I'll do it under both accounts although I'm far less likely to do it under my main one because I trust my D. I do dislike the kneeling in the first half, running backwards, "not scoring" to burn time, etc. I epically dislike it if you are doing it with 99 players against a lesser team, which I see a lot when I play with my second account. In general - I'll follow the other guys lead. If he starts going for 2, then I'll match him. If he's going to sit on the clock and burn time, then I'll do the same.

That being said - it is a lot of fun to beat a clock sitter full of 99's with a team of mostly golds.

Last edited by marks0124; 02-11-2014 at 09:32 PM. Reason: d
Old 02-12-2014, 12:02 AM   #28
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by marks0124
A couple of general thoughts. Just for the record - I play online under two accounts. My main account where my team is a 99 overall and under a second "farm" account where I storing players for future collections. That team is usually between a 92 and a 94. I enjoy playing under this account as it gives me an "underdog" role.

It's really hard to run a run based offense and not manage the clock. If you run a triple option playbook - you have no real way to score quickly. I've been running Wisconsin's playbook some - it's real limited of "usable" pass plays. You almost have no choice but to manage the clock if you are going to run this type of attack.

If you are playing a team that's much better than you - you might as well forget about throwing the ball to your WR's. Cover Woodson/HW Woodson make so many specular plays that it's really unfair and I'm saying this owning both of them. You can make the right read, throw the ball at the right time and do a correct directional position and touch on the pass and still see a flying one handed int where woodson leaped 6 feet in the air. It doesn't happen every time - but it'll happen at least once a game if you WR's aren't the 99's and that's enough to lose a shootout. Your only real option to score against one of these "mega" teams is to use some sort of rushing attack, throw a lot of passses to your backs/TE's or run some sort of glitch. Using either one of the first strategies just isn't going to let you score quickly - which will bring you back to managing the clock.

I don't mind managing the clock. I'll do it under both accounts although I'm far less likely to do it under my main one because I trust my D. I do dislike the kneeling in the first half, running backwards, "not scoring" to burn time, etc. I epically dislike it if you are doing it with 99 players against a lesser team, which I see a lot when I play with my second account. In general - I'll follow the other guys lead. If he starts going for 2, then I'll match him. If he's going to sit on the clock and burn time, then I'll do the same.

That being said - it is a lot of fun to beat a clock sitter full of 99's with a team of mostly golds.
I don't think what you're talking about doing is really the clock-burning that ppl are upset about. It's rly only if you set clock mgmt to Conservative right from the get-go and use up every second of the play clock.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
Old 02-12-2014, 09:23 PM   #29
Rookie

Quote:
I tell you what, you guys can get on me for running clock all you want, but at least it's not glitching.

I just played some piece of sh*t who ran the same play over and over, and I got to noticing that the defender freezed at the snap every time, making the guy wide open. The only way to possibly defend it is so manually control and stop it. I literally triple-teamed the same guy on every play, and every time the defenders froze and he broke free.

THAT is bull****. It's a glitch in the game, period.

Goes by WE TR1PPY MANE on xbox.
Funny that you say that, I actually played this guy over the weekend and got rather mad. I managed to force one mistake out of him and decided to give him a taste of his own medicine by chewing the clock in the 4th so I could kick a game-winning field goal...but then I made a mistake. On 4th down, I forgot to switch conservative clock back on to kick the field goal with time expiring, so he jumped offsides and stopped the clock before I could run any time off. Ended up beating me with the glitch on a 20-second drive, then proceeded to send me a message to gloat about it. Classy.
Old 02-12-2014, 10:31 PM   #30
Rookie

I think if you decline the penalty the clock starts running again after a few seconds. I could be wrong though.
Old 02-12-2014, 10:32 PM   #31
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirWeegee
Funny that you say that, I actually played this guy over the weekend and got rather mad. I managed to force one mistake out of him and decided to give him a taste of his own medicine by chewing the clock in the 4th so I could kick a game-winning field goal...but then I made a mistake. On 4th down, I forgot to switch conservative clock back on to kick the field goal with time expiring, so he jumped offsides and stopped the clock before I could run any time off. Ended up beating me with the glitch on a 20-second drive, then proceeded to send me a message to gloat about it. Classy.

The funny thing is, I actually played this guy awhile back and beat him. I kicked off, he pulled off the glitch, but I caught him at the 5. I forced a turnover on downs, then scored before the half, then scored with like a minute left to go up 10-0. He got the ball back and scored on the glitch in one play, but then didn't get the onside. I still avoided him as a player then, and he still popped up and I didn't catch it. I *hate* that you can't avoid players and not actually play them -- I got glitched in the playoffs by a known glitcher early on and it pissed me off bad.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-12-2014, 10:59 PM   #32
Banned

Quote:
The funny thing is, I actually played this guy awhile back and beat him. I kicked off, he pulled off the glitch, but I caught him at the 5. I forced a turnover on downs, then scored before the half, then scored with like a minute left to go up 10-0. He got the ball back and scored on the glitch in one play, but then didn't get the onside. I still avoided him as a player then, and he still popped up and I didn't catch it. I *hate* that you can't avoid players and not actually play them -- I got glitched in the playoffs by a known glitcher early on and it pissed me off bad.

What glitch? It may have happened to me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football > NCAA Football Ultimate Team Forum »