Home

Jusy nabbed a rookie vernon davis finally

This is a discussion on Jusy nabbed a rookie vernon davis finally within the NCAA Football Ultimate Team forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Ultimate Team
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-10-2014, 08:47 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Jusy nabbed a rookie vernon davis finally

After months of looking on the AH, I got a rookie vernon davis. It'd been up for like a minute and it was bid now 1500 and buyout 22500. Id say I got a steal! My question is, I have 96 clark and 98 lewis. Is he better than them? Should I start him over lewis?

Sent from my BNTV400 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-10-2014, 08:55 PM   #2
Banned

Re: Jusy nabbed a rookie vernon davis finally

Lucky!!! I want him to! Would you trade? Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-10-2014, 09:18 PM   #3
Pro

22k? What a steal.
Old 02-10-2014, 09:25 PM   #4
Rookie

Can you post his depth chart stats here, or update the spreadsheet in my sig if he's not already there (I don't think he is).

That may also help you make your decision.

EDIT: Nevermind, he's there.

With that said, looking at the ratings, I think I'd run Lewis as my #1 TE and Davis as my #2. I like to sub out (using in-game formation subs) my backup (Winslow) for my starter (Miller) on passing downs because Miller is such a better blocker. In your case, Lewis is a WAY better blocker than Davis, but he's very good at catching as well --- but Davis is on another level for receiving. I'd use them that way and destroy people with my TE.

Last edited by RebelT; 02-10-2014 at 09:30 PM.
Old 02-10-2014, 09:35 PM   #5
Rookie

Just saw that he is there too and I pretty much agree with what you said on how to use him... I run a lot of pistol so he'd be a good sub on passing plays.

And jimmy, I'm sorry but ima hold on to him for a little bit, lol. At least try him out against some good d's and see if he makes a difference

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-10-2014, 10:13 PM   #6
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherlockparks
Just saw that he is there too and I pretty much agree with what you said on how to use him... I run a lot of pistol so he'd be a good sub on passing plays.

And jimmy, I'm sorry but ima hold on to him for a little bit, lol. At least try him out against some good d's and see if he makes a difference

I understand bro! Just let me know if you do want to trade please.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-11-2014, 08:23 AM   #7
Rookie

Awesome steal bud!

I ran Gold Vernon Davis a long time ago. Then I the rookie one came out and I got him for 45k - before everybody knew he was a 96 in the depth chart. He's one the "untouchable" cards for me - wouldn't sell him for a million.

IMO, he's the game second best offensive player (behind Bo). Even with the better LBs out there now (TC Brooks, Leader Kuechly), he's still a mismatch. Somebody either has to go zone or put a DB on him. I've ran several offenses around him - including a run base offense where I move him outside with motion and call a hot route and torch the opposing defense trying to cover him with a LB.

I've won a lot of games I "shouldn't" have because the guy couldn't stop Vernon Davis.
Old 02-11-2014, 08:27 AM   #8
Rookie

UMkris's Arena

I have Rookie Davis and TC Lewis also and I start Davis. His blocking is good enough and he's too good receiving wise to not have on the field at all times. Just in case you run a hurry up PA pass. Lewis is just too slow to be effective IMO.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Ultimate Team »