Home

Old 02-09-2014, 08:29 PM   #1
Rookie

ADubbleO7's Arena

OVR: 0
Running Clock

I played a guy yesterday that ran the clock the entire game. He got the ball in the first quarter and ran it all the way out until 2 minutes in the 2nd quarter. He scores, I get the ball and score in less than 30 seconds. He gets the ball and scores with 5 seconds left. I get the ball after the half and score on the first play and go for two but don't get it. Know he gets the ball and just starts clocking down the field. I could stop his run but, when it was 3rd and 10 he would do an route which are virtually unstoppable and if I covered the in route he would throw it deep and find someone. He was getting lucky the entire game and he scored again. When I get the ball, I run the same play I ran at the beginning of the 2nd half and get to the 10. I start to run the clock a little but then have to score with 1:13 in the fourth. I go for two and get it. He just starts throwing it up for grabs and Elite Deion drops a pick. He gets lucky a couple of times and starts to run the ball. He had no timeouts and was calling hurry up with 10 seconds left and is about to get sacked and he throws the ball away as he gets hit. He wins on a last second field goal. It makes me so mad because he had at least a 97 or 98 overall team and he just ran the clock out. That tells me that he had no trust in his defense and it showed because he couldn't stop any play that I ran. I am so frustrated right now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-09-2014, 08:56 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Running Clock

I just checked your gamertag and we've never played, but this sounds about like how I play. In fact, unless something strange happens, my opponent doesn't touch the ball more than once the entire game.

I'm not trying to be an ***, but I don't understand why there is so much hatred for this method. If you don't like it, stop it. I've lost 75 games (out of 410), so clearly some people have found out how to stop it. I try to make the most of the time I have to play the game, and sometimes games can take forever...this is my method of getting as many games in as possible.
Old 02-09-2014, 09:04 PM   #3
Pro

Ballgame59's Arena

A couple of nights ago, I played a guy where I only ran 7 plays the whole game. I have no problem with it and actually marveled at it. I like ball control so I couldn't complain.

Yes - it's frustrating but I understand it. It's a lot harder to score if they don't have the ball.

I also don't blame the opponent. EA should have longer quarters and still - somehow keep the games moving. I think adding 1 minute to each quarter would make a big difference.
Old 02-09-2014, 09:16 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballgame59
A couple of nights ago, I played a guy where I only ran 7 plays the whole game. I have no problem with it and actually marveled at it. I like ball control so I couldn't complain.

Yes - it's frustrating but I understand it. It's a lot harder to score if they don't have the ball.

I also don't blame the opponent. EA should have longer quarters and still - somehow keep the games moving. I think adding 1 minute to each quarter would make a big difference.

It could be done with 5 minute quarters. The only way to counteract it in that case would be to onside kick and ensure that your opponent has a short field to work with.
Old 02-09-2014, 09:39 PM   #5
Rookie

True that people should stop u but its really not fun that way . Ea should have made it longer quarters, but they didnt for whatever reason. I dont enjoy playing a guy like that. Violates playstation etiquette. I Personally think 5 min is sometimes too short to play a game. I try to play like if the guy was in the same room as me. Its a game thats supposed to be fun... Not piss everyone off. Its your choice how you play. Everyones just looking for an easy way to win.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-09-2014, 09:50 PM   #6
Pro

Ballgame59's Arena

I like to run the ball however the more I learn to pass, the less I play that way. I've also noticed that the more I audible, the more I win. I can't audible with the clock set to "conservative". I'm just not that fast yet. So I don't necessarily equate running the clock with winning. I just like ball control.
Old 02-09-2014, 10:04 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballgame59
I like to run the ball however the more I learn to pass, the less I play that way. I've also noticed that the more I audible, the more I win. I can't audible with the clock set to "conservative". I'm just not that fast yet. So I don't necessarily equate running the clock with winning. I just like ball control.

Learning to audible with the clock on conservative is paramount. I audible every play so that my QB is calling out signals regardless of whether it's a run or a pass, that way it throws off my opponent when I'm calling real audibles. There are very few plays that I don't change a route on here or there, so it's a good cover.

There are times that I don't run on conservative, like when some whiny little 10-year old starts sending me messages that I suck after a kickoff return on the first play. I won that game 77-0 and it wasn't even that close....I just got tired of scoring in the 4th and started running clock.
Old 02-09-2014, 10:05 PM   #8
Rookie

Soonermagic69's Arena

First of all I don't call it running the clock. I call it the dick move cause it really is so annoying. I mean seriously if you have a 99 overall Tommie Frazier use that 95 throw power. The dick move is just really annoying, and that's not how you play football unless it's in the fourth quarter and you're trying to run down the clock.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Ultimate Team »