Home

Old 02-11-2014, 02:35 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Juggernauts

I just recently started looking at the game stats more often to see what players my opp had. I have to say, I can't believe how many ppl have MULTIPLE Woodsons! AND, I have yet to play someone with mult. Woodsons that does NOT also have a 99 Deion. Owning just one of these players is a "goal" I don't think will realistically ever happen lol...

Were they (Woodsons) just in packs all the time before?? I've only pulled TWO 99 ovr cards ever (Ricky and Kuechly), and I get a TON of packs...as far as DBs (which i think are the most important players) , the only card higher than a 93 that I've ever pulled was Verner...

Also, is there a way to differentiate between CV and HW Woodson (maybe most of em have one of each--although most ppl that have 2, have 3. Or even 4 or 5 lol)?

I started late on NFUT, so I guess ppl that have played since day one have just had a lot more time to stumble across one here or there and/or flip enough players on the ah to earn enough coins to splurge and "treat themselves" to a Woodson now and then lol.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-11-2014, 02:38 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Juggernauts

I'll never be able to afford Woodson either unfortunately but I still beat teams with them all the time. I just focus on running the ball a lot and playing great defense. If my opponent is someone that doesn't run the ball 95% of players will get destroyed by a zone defense in quarters/dollar. It's all about minimizing mistakes when you're playing a team you can't pass against much.
Old 02-11-2014, 02:54 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirk4prez
Also, is there a way to differentiate between CV and HW Woodson
I believe, CV Woodson has 98 speed and HW Woodson has 97 speed.
Old 02-11-2014, 03:10 PM   #4
Rookie

Sorry for interrupting your thread, but when do I become eligible to start new threads and edit my posts...?
Old 02-11-2014, 03:11 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

I wouldn't have ever been able to afford Woodson but on the EA forums a guy quit and gave away his team so I got him. He is amazing lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-11-2014, 03:49 PM   #6
Rookie

Here's the deal. If you know how to work the market then you can easily make a lot of coin in this game. If you make a lot of coin you want to spend it on the best players.

Eventually you reach a certain point where you have the best player at every position. What to strive for then? These new Fantasy cards don't come close to cracking my lineup so you're not going to spend coin there.

So you start going after multiple Woodsons or maybe Joeckels. Those are two players who are clearly superior at their position and you need multiples of.

It's all about goals and raising the bar for yourself. I know it's tough to see that starting out when you're coin poor but it's where a lot of players are right now.
Old 02-11-2014, 08:59 PM   #7
Rookie

I think the days of working the market like that are over. The market is too dead. The only way you're going to make serious coin is if you luck out and pull something like a Woodson or one of these Wisconsin linemen. I got lucky and pulled a Woodson in a single AA pack a couple weeks ago. My first thought was big coin but I don't think I'll ever get him any other way so have to keep him.
Old 02-12-2014, 09:43 AM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybird13
Here's the deal. If you know how to work the market then you can easily make a lot of coin in this game. If you make a lot of coin you want to spend it on the best players.

Eventually you reach a certain point where you have the best player at every position. What to strive for then? These new Fantasy cards don't come close to cracking my lineup so you're not going to spend coin there.

So you start going after multiple Woodsons or maybe Joeckels. Those are two players who are clearly superior at their position and you need multiples of.

It's all about goals and raising the bar for yourself. I know it's tough to see that starting out when you're coin poor but it's where a lot of players are right now.

Yeah...i think i just started too late. Like olelvelo said, you can't rly "work the market" much anymore...i mean I'm up to 400K in coins rt now, which is the most I've ever been at...and I even bought 200K from a guy to help me get there...PLUS I don't see much on here about ppl selling or trading their Woodsons, and if it's ever up on the AH it's at like 800K, so assuming i need to get to THAT number, it's hard to justify even getting him...rt now my secondary (and entire D) gis probably about as good as a secondary can get WITHOUT a 99 Woodson, Deion, or LL Taylor (have two 97 Deions, 98 Pat Pete, Mathieu, Heyward, Verner, and Mathieu good

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Ultimate Team »