Home

Old 02-16-2014, 04:50 PM   #1
Rookie

Soonermagic69's Arena

OVR: 0
The NUT Cartel

I thought about it and I don't know if this is something you guys would be interested in but it seemed like a good way of making coins. Obviously no member of OS will fall for it but other people will. I thought if all of us here have a great card that doesn't sell for much i.e. 97 Crabtree, that we jack up the prices by a pretty good amount it would seem causal for someone to get it that amount. Like if he goes for 15k now, if all of us who have him put him up for 25k it would seem normal for a person to get him because we all have him at that price. I thought this would be a great way for all of us to help each other out. If you do decide to do it then post on this what card and if multiple people say yes then we'll give it a try. Let me know what you guys think.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-16-2014, 04:56 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 2
Re: The NUT Cartel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soonermagic69
I thought about it and I don't know if this is something you guys would be interested in but it seemed like a good way of making coins. Obviously no member of OS will fall for it but other people will. I thought if all of us here have a great card that doesn't sell for much i.e. 97 Crabtree, that we jack up the prices by a pretty good amount it would seem causal for someone to get it that amount. Like if he goes for 15k now, if all of us who have him put him up for 25k it would seem normal for a person to get him because we all have him at that price. I thought this would be a great way for all of us to help each other out. If you do decide to do it then post on this what card and if multiple people say yes then we'll give it a try. Let me know what you guys think.
It won't work now. There are way too many alternatives for each card that people just wouldn't buy the card you price fix. And, if you price fix, the card you price fix won't sell right away and people will just undercut you.
Old 02-16-2014, 05:10 PM   #3
Rookie

About the only time I could see it working is if you did it right when a new collection came out. The market gets flooded as soon as the collection hits so if you zero in on one particular silver you may could pull it off.
Old 02-16-2014, 05:12 PM   #4
Rookie

Only person it would work with right now is probably Konz, someone will always undercut and too many alternatives unless it's a 99
Old 02-16-2014, 05:14 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vthokie2008
Only person it would work with right now is probably Konz, someone will always undercut and too many alternatives unless it's a 99
Yeah Konz would work. He's only in packs one week and will be the best at that position for some time. That's rolling pretty high though since he's going in the 150k range right now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-16-2014, 05:24 PM   #6
Pro

Go ahead. I will undercut all of you. =]
Old 02-16-2014, 06:24 PM   #7
Rookie

I've started to realize that "market value" for a card is only relevant if it sells.

I've had probably 60+ elites in my reserves for a long time, that every time I would try to sell them at what the market value showed to be, they'd just rot.

The past few days, I've thrown them all up at 2500 apiece and they've all sold within hours. Obviously there are some that are more valuable (97 Derrick Brooks, SS Roy Williams, etc), but for the mid-level Elites like Shaun Alexander, Clinton Portis, AJ Hawk, et al, I'm just going to start dropping them in for 2500-3500 and getting rid of them. These days I'm pulling so many packs that I can't have auctions sitting for 3 days or having to relist cards, especially with them limited amount of playing time I get. Move 'em quick, even if it's for less value. Same with big golds --- I sold a Denard for 35K earlier today despite "market" showing around 50K. Better to move it quick than sit there and let someone else undercut you.
Old 02-16-2014, 06:30 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelT
I've started to realize that "market value" for a card is only relevant if it sells.

I've had probably 60+ elites in my reserves for a long time, that every time I would try to sell them at what the market value showed to be, they'd just rot.

The past few days, I've thrown them all up at 2500 apiece and they've all sold within hours. Obviously there are some that are more valuable (97 Derrick Brooks, SS Roy Williams, etc), but for the mid-level Elites like Shaun Alexander, Clinton Portis, AJ Hawk, et al, I'm just going to start dropping them in for 2500-3500 and getting rid of them. These days I'm pulling so many packs that I can't have auctions sitting for 3 days or having to relist cards, especially with them limited amount of playing time I get. Move 'em quick, even if it's for less value. Same with big golds --- I sold a Denard for 35K earlier today despite "market" showing around 50K. Better to move it quick than sit there and let someone else undercut you.

Thats why some of us use 3 psn accounts!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Ultimate Team »