Home

Who to start at SS?

This is a discussion on Who to start at SS? within the NCAA Football Ultimate Team Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football > NCAA Football Ultimate Team Forum
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 02-22-2014, 03:36 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Who to start at SS?

I tried playing CV woodson at SS for a while and he kept getting torched... I play a lot of man and dude was ALWAYS out of position. As for playing cbs at ss, the best luck I've had is with verner and law. Verner was a good cb but has been an excellent ss for me. I agree that awareness is huge, especially for dbs so I typically man the ss that I think is getting targeted most often. Polo just doesn't have the coverage skills or the speed to make it worth my while... at lease when law gets beat he can usually catch the TE to make a tackle.
Old 02-22-2014, 09:21 AM   #18
Rookie

What is everybody's ratio of zone to man coverage? How much does everybody blitz?

I used to run almost exclusively man - just would mix in zone occasionally. I had problems getting beat deep in the zone defenses. But more recently, I've probably gone 2/3rd zone and I don't really get beat deep anymore. Not sure if that is because I have better players or what.

I rarely bring more than 4 - often bringing just three. Only bring 5+ plus if it's a clear run down or I'm trying to catch the guy unexpectedly. I've found a better approach is to sit back and be patient on defense rather than forcing the play with a blitz.
Old 02-22-2014, 10:18 AM   #19
Cooking With Sauce

thesportsguru11's Arena

I loved TC Polo if you are still looking. I blitzed him out of the 3-3-5 and he was great. Even when I dropped him back into coverage, he was great in man and had superb hands.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football > NCAA Football Ultimate Team Forum »