Home

Old 02-20-2014, 10:04 AM   #1
Rookie

UMkris's Arena

OVR: 0
Who to start at SS?

I know this has come up before but I wanted to see how you guys think would be my better option at SS. LL Taylor or CV Woodson? Both are 99 OVR at the Pos but bring something different to the table. Taylor is your typical SS with great tackle, hit power, and catch but is slow and might not be able to cover as much ground. Woodson is faster and has better catch but doesn't have the tac, hit pow that Taylor does. I currently have Taylor at SS and LL Berry at FS but seem to be getting beat deep because Taylor just can't get back in time (I almost always show blitz). I don't care about playing out of position obviously. Anyone play with Woodson back there?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-20-2014, 10:46 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: Who to start at SS?

I tried ll taylor at ss and mlb.. He got ran over and was too slow to cover. He was 600k liability on my team. if he was 94 or 95 speed hed be useful, I sub pat pete in at mlb now when theyre passing to the rbs. Ive been using woodson at ss and he does awesome there. He tackles well and when you run quarters hes up on the fast slot recievers. I think hes better utilized as a corner though. Tc law is a solid 98 overall at ss. I usually use him there.
Old 02-20-2014, 10:47 AM   #3
Rookie

Bucknut17's Arena

OVR: 5

Imo it depends on how you intend to use your ss...If you wanna play them near the line and play flat or hook zones and help in run support definitely Taylor. If you keep getting burned deep you are probably playing more coverage which would cause me to lean far more towards Woodson. If you are 50/50 I'd go Woodson his run support is better than Taylors coverage. ..
Old 02-20-2014, 11:01 AM   #4
Rookie

LL Taylor has plain out sucked for me at SS, Im waiting to hear a good answer on this one?
Old 02-20-2014, 11:21 AM   #5
Rookie

Another thing to think about is which defence you run. For instance if you run the 3-2-6 cover 1 man then you're ss becomes a cb on the te. Obviously Woodson is the best choice for this alignment but if you don't have a solid secondary then you may get beat deep in the edges. This is where a fast fs comes into play. Also ss moves to corner in the quarters man defence and the backup ss comes in to take his spot. Would work great with Woodson here also to help cover the read option and run attacks. But I wouldn't want him in deep zone coverages being that he is the best cover db in the game. You would be under utilizing him.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-20-2014, 11:31 AM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Affliction80
Another thing to think about is which defence you run. For instance if you run the 3-2-6 cover 1 man then you're ss becomes a cb on the te. Obviously Woodson is the best choice for this alignment but if you don't have a solid secondary then you may get beat deep in the edges. This is where a fast fs comes into play. Also ss moves to corner in the quarters man defence and the backup ss comes in to take his spot. Would work great with Woodson here also to help cover the read option and run attacks. But I wouldn't want him in deep zone coverages being that he is the best cover db in the game. You would be under utilizing him.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
Isn't it the backup FS that comes in to replace the SS's deep spot? I'm pretty sure it is but wanted to see if someone could confirm...

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
Old 02-20-2014, 11:39 AM   #7
Rookie

UMkris's Arena

About 80% of the time I run Quarters and switch to SS Sub. That way Taylor isn't on the slot WR and moves back up to SS. Even then I show blitz a lot and he just can't get back to his deep zone position in time if they decide to bomb it. The only reason I haven't taken him out for Woodson is I love the hard hits he brings and he causes fumbles quite a bit for me. Plus being a Die Hard Miami fan I tend to side with him. I don't think I will sell him just because he's one of my all time favorite players. Even tho I could really use the 700k I might be able to get. Maybe I'll put Taylor at LOLB and take out J. Jones.
Old 02-20-2014, 11:41 AM   #8
Rookie

Would love to know best place to put taylor if you have berry, hate him being on the bench.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football > NCAA Football Ultimate Team Forum »