Home

What defensive plays are your favorite?

This is a discussion on What defensive plays are your favorite? within the NCAA Football Ultimate Team forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Ultimate Team
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-09-2014, 08:02 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
What defensive plays are your favorite?

As you all know defense on this game is not the greatest. It seems this game has made it easy to score on offense and I wanted to see what the community thought were some top plays? I like to run quarter to avoid getting beat by 4 and 5 wr sets. But even then it's hard to stop the pass. What blitzes do you all think work the best and out of what formation?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-09-2014, 08:20 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: What defensive plays are your favorite?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyM921
As you all know defense on this game is not the greatest. It seems this game has made it easy to score on offense and I wanted to see what the community thought were some top plays? I like to run quarter to avoid getting beat by 4 and 5 wr sets. But even then it's hard to stop the pass. What blitzes do you all think work the best and out of what formation?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In my last 5 games, I've given up 7, 0, 0, 0, and 7 points.

Defense is just fine for me, but I don't think I want to give up all my secrets.
Old 02-09-2014, 08:22 PM   #3
Cooking With Sauce

thesportsguru11's Arena

Like rebel, I'm not totally giving it away, but I love switching between 3-3-5 and dime. And I do like quarters against a deep throwing bomb qb.
Old 02-09-2014, 08:38 PM   #4
Pro

Orange Krush's Arena

OVR: 2

Stopping the pass is all about mixing it up. There have been a few games where I've won because I ran man the entire game, let my opponent get comfortable and throw routes that beat man coverage, then I call a cover 4 and get a game winning interception immediately. Playing this game is just like playing chess for the most part, you just have to out-think your opponent and predict what their next move will be.
Old 02-10-2014, 06:34 AM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelT
In my last 5 games, I've given up 7, 0, 0, 0, and 7 points.

Defense is just fine for me, but I don't think I want to give up all my secrets.
Cmon, you already inadvertently told your main "secret" in another thread where you were defending clock-burning

The best "defense" is setting the clock mgmt to "conservative" and running for 3-5 yds every play for 4 quarters lol.

Offenses rly struggle to score when they're watching from the sidelines...

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-10-2014, 12:28 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange Krush
Stopping the pass is all about mixing it up. There have been a few games where I've won because I ran man the entire game, let my opponent get comfortable and throw routes that beat man coverage, then I call a cover 4 and get a game winning interception immediately. Playing this game is just like playing chess for the most part, you just have to out-think your opponent and predict what their next move will be.
+1 to this. Though there are some defensive plays that work better than others, any defensive play can be picked apart. Best strategy in my opinion is to run what you're most comfortable with to get a feel for what/when the opponent runs certain plays, and then start switching up defensive schemes based on what you've learned.
Old 02-10-2014, 12:48 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirk4prez
Cmon, you already inadvertently told your main "secret" in another thread where you were defending clock-burning

The best "defense" is setting the clock mgmt to "conservative" and running for 3-5 yds every play for 4 quarters lol.

Offenses rly struggle to score when they're watching from the sidelines...

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
Fair point, but I also didn't run clock those games. Sometimes I score too easily. If I'm going to score on a long run or I see a guy give me 1 on 1 on the outside, I'm going to take it. I don't run backwards or take knees unless it's the 4th quarter.
Old 02-10-2014, 12:49 PM   #8
Rookie

You have to bait offenses. Plain and simple. I have some base sets I run, that I like for different reasons. Sometimes I'll even let people chew something I show for a couple of plays, then switch out for a different scheme that looks similar. This results in some picks that ends up winning games.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Ultimate Team »