Home

Old 01-19-2014, 02:20 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 2
Boosts

I'm pretty sure I figured out the mystery on boosts. They do work, but only offline. I noticed in my solo challenges that everyone played way faster on my offense (+3 speed Barry). It was really easy to tell on Cam Newton and Earl Campbell. Crabtree and Vernon Davis also seemed to have big differences. Online they must not work for some reason.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-19-2014, 04:51 AM   #2
Pro

Orange Krush's Arena

Re: Boosts

I just picked up LL Barry tonight and I noticed absolutely no difference in the speed of my team. I haven't played offline with him, but I think you may be correct. THis seems like something that they would program in.
Old 01-19-2014, 09:11 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

you might be right michiganfan.

I played the solo challenges on Friday and broke a long run with my new 99 FB. Might try to do a HH challenge with Deion, Woodson and Sanders at WR and see what I get.

I see no evidence that they exist in online games.
Old 01-19-2014, 09:57 AM   #4
Rookie

I agree and was noticing the same thing the other night with my cam. He felt almost Vick like with Barry ll on the field. I didn't think about it being offline only but it was a weekly challenge when I noticed
Old 01-19-2014, 04:13 PM   #5
Rookie

So I did some experimenting by putting Woodson as my 3rd receiver. Started off with two receivers, and used the pre-snap receiver comparison (R2 and receiver icon). The went to a 3 receiver set and did the same thing. Both receivers had the exact same speed differential either way. Tried this online and offline. So if there is a difference there's no objective way to find out...that should have done it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-19-2014, 04:23 PM   #6
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by olevelo
So I did some experimenting by putting Woodson as my 3rd receiver. Started off with two receivers, and used the pre-snap receiver comparison (R2 and receiver icon). The went to a 3 receiver set and did the same thing. Both receivers had the exact same speed differential either way. Tried this online and offline. So if there is a difference there's no objective way to find out...that should have done it.
I don't think it matters if he's on the field. I think he has to be on the depth chart and maybe in the right position. I noticed the +3 speed in 5 wide sets.
Old 01-19-2014, 06:42 PM   #7
Rookie

UMkris's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganfan8620
I don't think it matters if he's on the field. I think he has to be on the depth chart and maybe in the right position. I noticed the +3 speed in 5 wide sets.
They definitely have to be on the field. I use LL Barry and switch out with Bo almost every other play and can tell a huge difference with Barry on the field rather then with Bo.
Old 01-19-2014, 10:18 PM   #8
Rookie

I'm fairly confident boasts don't exist online. Good points olevelo.

I'd be willing to run some experiments with somebody on ps3. I can either serve as the offense or defense. Put CV Woodson and BS as WR - then run a HB pass to the flat with a guy like Bettis and see if he can outrun one a 90 speed LB. Have the defense run a fg block and user one of the LBs. Make sure the defense isn't playing with any "boasts".

We can then post the results on here. I can take the loss

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Ultimate Team »