Home

Community player card review thread

This is a discussion on Community player card review thread within the NCAA Football Ultimate Team Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football > NCAA Football Ultimate Team Forum
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 02-27-2014, 05:52 PM   #1
Cooking With Sauce

thesportsguru11's Arena

OVR: 0
Community player card review thread

Something like this was done on the EA forums a while back, but hasn't been updated in months. Thought we'd try this on here.

Some cards to review:
Team Captain cards
LL cards (especially ones with boosts)
High-end award winner/ESPN/GOTW/Elite cards
Cover Vote editions
Team MVP's (as more become available)

What to include in your reviews:
Player Stats
Card picture (if possible)
A few paragraphs of your experience with the card (must have played against real opponents)
rating on card (1-10)

If I have time later tonight, I'll post a review. Otherwise I'll post two tomorrow. If there is one card you would like reviewed, post what you want and someone can get on it for you. Please feel free to contribute as much or as little as you want.

I'll update this post with where to find reviews as more appear on this thread.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-27-2014, 06:14 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 2
Re: Community player card review thread

Stat Leader 99 Overall Cam Newton
97 THP 92 THA 92 SPD 72 STR 88 AGI 90 ACC 88 BTK 84 TRK 85 CAR 88 STA 90 INJ

+2 PBK Boost

Definitely the best balance of running and passing in a QB on the game. He has the 2nd strongest arm on the game and his 92 accuracy keeps him consistent unlike 99 Michael Vick. He runs with power despite only a 88 BTK (weight might have to do with it). In the pocket, it seems like every game he breaks out of at least one sack. He also very rarely fumbles, making him a much better option than Vick, RG3, and Frazier. He also is able to make people miss in the open field. Best QB in the game IMO.

10/10
Old 02-27-2014, 06:26 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 2

99 Stat Leader Barry Sanders
97 SPD 73 STR 99 AGI 98 ACC 94 BTK 73 TRK 99 ELU 74 SFA 95 SPM 99 JKM 89 CAR 78 CTH 67 SPC 77 CIT 45 PBK 95 RET 95 STA 90 INJ

+3 Speed Boost

The best true speed back available in the game IMO. He quickly gets up to top speed, and his juke moves make him difficult to tackle, as he eliminates pursuit angles quickly. His spin move is also very good, and allows him to be unpredictable. He also occasionally runs through guys, something I wasn't expecting but is probably due to his 94 BTK. He doesn't have as good of hands as some of the other speed backs, but is reliable enough on screens and hasn't dropped one of those for me. Downfield passing is the only spot where his so-so hands come into play. His speed boost I think only works offline, as I notice I significant difference in my team's overall speed offline in solo challenges.

9/10, only gripes are no boost and so-so hands
Old 03-02-2014, 02:34 PM   #4
Cooking With Sauce

thesportsguru11's Arena

I'll be adding in my reviews shortly. Doing this on EA forums as well, but please feel free to post in here as well, and I'll move them to the EA forums for you.

I've got a review on LL Hosley done and two more on TC Watt and CV Howard on the way.

6x Super Bowl Champion Patriots |Red Sox | Celtics | Bruins |Boston College | USC | NASCAR Young Guns

OS' biggest game show nut.
Old 03-02-2014, 02:36 PM   #5
Cooking With Sauce

thesportsguru11's Arena

[url=http://s30.photobucket.com/user/Thesportsguru11/media/Hosleyfront_zpscb54c978.jpg.html]

[/img][url=http://s30.photobucket.com/user/Thesportsguru11/media/Hosleyback_zps93100ee4.jpg.html]

Before I start this review, let's flash back to October. I was a somewhat struggling NFUT player, saving up coins with my 92 overall team. It was the second week of the new NCAA Leader cards, which were some of the best in the game at the time (Ahh, nostalgia). Because of some holiday or in-service or something, I got the day off of school and pulled some packs right at launch. 4th pack in, BOOM! Jayron Hosley. My best corner at the time. And man, I was not disappointed.

Hosley is by far one of the most underrated cards in this game. (Yes, he is in the same class as the great Alphonso Smith.) In the 5 months since that day, Hosley has never left my starting lineup, except for the time I moved to Madden for a few weeks. I've used him as my #1 and nickel (always on the field in my nickel D scheme), and no matter who he defends, no matter if I run zone or man, he has the rare ability to shut down just about anyone. The only person I've had problems with is CV Desmond, the 2nd best receiver in the game. He almost never gets burned down the field on streaks or crosses. But he is at his best covering those 10-15 yard routes. He isn't a big gamebreaker defending short passes.

He almost always has a step on his man and is able to make a play on the ball somehow.

Another thing about Hosley is that he has deceptive hands. I've never had issues with him dropping interceptions. I would highly recommend giving him a shot as potentially your nickel corner.

Rating

One of the best corners in the game that is under 90k. A diamond in the rough.

6x Super Bowl Champion Patriots |Red Sox | Celtics | Bruins |Boston College | USC | NASCAR Young Guns

OS' biggest game show nut.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football > NCAA Football Ultimate Team Forum »