Home

The speculation is about to be over!!!!!! Everyone must read!!!

This is a discussion on The speculation is about to be over!!!!!! Everyone must read!!! within the NCAA Football Ultimate Team forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Ultimate Team
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-11-2014, 07:47 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: The speculation is about to be over!!!!!! Everyone must read!!!

1.) Hilarious that everybody is saying EA is wrong. I realize they screw up, but this is an enormous company that is making definitive statements on things -- something enormous companies simply don't do.

2.) It is INCREDIBLY possible that the NFUT twitter is not "affiliated" with the company in any way, because it can absolutely be run by a 3rd party. They can relay information, but the twitter handle itself is very likely NOT managed by EA. Many companies do this.

3.) The fact that anybody speaks definitively about what does and doesn't exist in the game is also hilarious to me. People can't even agree about whether a boost exists, much less whether it affects an entire team.
Old 03-11-2014, 10:07 PM   #18
MVP

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelT
1.) Hilarious that everybody is saying EA is wrong. I realize they screw up, but this is an enormous company that is making definitive statements on things -- something enormous companies simply don't do.

2.) It is INCREDIBLY possible that the NFUT twitter is not "affiliated" with the company in any way, because it can absolutely be run by a 3rd party. They can relay information, but the twitter handle itself is very likely NOT managed by EA. Many companies do this.

3.) The fact that anybody speaks definitively about what does and doesn't exist in the game is also hilarious to me. People can't even agree about whether a boost exists, much less whether it affects an entire team.
Well my reasoning on this
1. You were speaking to some customer service representative who for all we know has never played the game before. I had to explain to one of those guys the concept of buying players with coins. Guy had no clue what coins were.
2. A third party would probably not facilitate giveaways. Back when they had giveaways, winners would have their card in like 30 minutes max. I doubt using a third party they would be able to do this. On the madden twitter, people use it to Direct Message their problems to the Madden account and have their problems solved quickly. If the madden twitter is ran by EA, which it definitely is, then the NCAA one is too.
3. They definitely don't exist online. If they do, explain to me why my 99 speed Jacoby Ford is faster than my 97 speed "+3 speed boost" Barry Sanders? And if they do work (I think they do offline), I don't think they are stupid enough to make a RBK boost for 2 RB's (Rookie Steven Jackson and CV Ricky Williams), a PBK boost for Cam Newton, and a catch boost for Troy Smith. And why are they called "team boosts"? It's not a team boost if it effects 1 player. The MVP collection clearly reads "99 OVR Roy Williams SS MVP Edition with a +2 Hit Power team boost". And that Roy Williams card already has 100 HPW. I don't think his rating goes to 102.
Old 03-11-2014, 10:48 PM   #19
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by stand ur ground
So there is a game next year? I was banking on not being able to play ncaa for a little while until everything was cleared up.
There will be no game next year, and for a while.
Old 03-12-2014, 07:49 AM   #20
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganfan8620
definitely don't exist online. If they do, explain to me why my 99 speed Jacoby Ford is faster than my 97 speed "+3 speed boost" Barry Sanders?
To be fair my Ginn got run down from behind by Keuchly. I was stunned. It wasn't an angle situation. He straight up caught him from behind, and Ginn had stamina left and everything. I'm not saying something wasn't in play that I don't understand. Just saying I don't think we can definitely make proclamations on speed. I'm sure this stuff happens due to some factors in the engine that I don't understand. Makes comparing speed very difficult.
Old 03-12-2014, 10:55 AM   #21
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAJ16
To be fair my Ginn got run down from behind by Keuchly. I was stunned. It wasn't an angle situation. He straight up caught him from behind, and Ginn had stamina left and everything. I'm not saying something wasn't in play that I don't understand. Just saying I don't think we can definitely make proclamations on speed. I'm sure this stuff happens due to some factors in the engine that I don't understand. Makes comparing speed very difficult.
The speed thing you are talking about is defensive players in pursuit are faster than the player running with the ball. I've had Peppers run down Spiller, Sapp run down RG3, and many other similar things happen. Which is why returning kicks is so difficult. And I don't have a CV Woodson or rookie Patrick Peterson.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-12-2014, 11:38 AM   #22
Rookie

I get it on Kickoffs. Guys get pursuit angles and run you down. When guys are right behind you, it is a design flaw. What is the point of having breakaway speed if you can't break away.
Old 03-12-2014, 11:47 AM   #23
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAJ16
I get it on Kickoffs. Guys get pursuit angles and run you down. When guys are right behind you, it is a design flaw. What is the point of having breakaway speed if you can't break away.
I've been ran down from straight behind on kickoffs too. All the examples I have were guys getting ran down from straight behind.
Old 03-12-2014, 03:09 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyM921
He said this year no attribute was to be awarded to the whole team, just individuals. That was something for next year in squad attributes.
This comment alone leads me to believe the rep is full of sh*t and knows nothing, there isn't even a NCAA game coming out next year. We can thank Ed O'Bannon and his ridiculous lawsuit for that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Ultimate Team »