Home

Wait..what no Dreads :(

This is a discussion on Wait..what no Dreads :( within the NCAA Football Wishlist forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Wishlist
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 04-06-2009, 12:28 PM   #73
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Wait..what no Dreads :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
I'm not familiar with this policy.
It's in Chapter 7, Section Xii, Verse 3, Line 2, and Character 12 of the Electronic Arts Employee Handbook...

Follow me on Twitter: www.twitter.com/beeneeb
Old 04-06-2009, 01:50 PM   #74
MVP

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
Nothing in my post indicated that I'm acting like I'm just hearing about it now. It isn't because it is April that it won't be in the game... this feature didn't make the cut in September.

Also, I disagree there was a huge uproar about it last year. At least you've taken mullets off your list of demands.
Are you really calling dreads a "feature" here? Although I'm personally not too upset they wont be in, its something that should be included. To call it a feature is only adding to the EA stereotype..
Old 04-06-2009, 01:51 PM   #75
Banned

MacPlex's Arena

OVR: 14

Hey I just want dreads. lol Coming on here saying the gameplay is unplayable is your opinion. I've played around 600 games online and im in year 5 of my Online Dynasty. That fact that you took GTA back early proves how your mind works. Coming on here proclaiming that gameplay is waaaaay more of a priority is like saying Vanilla cake is better than chocolate. Now b4 I started this thread I searched Dreads in the forums I found like 7 pages on dreads alone. Now this thread has reached 8 pages if you dnt think dreads are important than that's you. Lol dreads are up there with hand towels because so many players have long hair. And without them makes the game that much more generic. OMT made the comment that it would take a lot of effort to implement dreads. Saying they would have to animate each dread. Not true, I believe they could make the dreads move as one bunch or just do them like madden did a couple of years ago where they didn't move. That would be perfectly fine.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-06-2009, 01:57 PM   #76
Rookie

OVR: 8

LOL, I'm with the dreads and towles and stuff...but I hope the formation subs page gets this many replies and an OMT visit. LOL
Old 04-06-2009, 02:00 PM   #77
Rookie

kjhen's Arena

OVR: 2

so this basically means that create a player for ncaa 10 will still be the same as 09.
Old 04-06-2009, 02:22 PM   #78
MVP

jdrhammer's Arena

OVR: 19

I don't notice the dreads moving all that much on actual players anyway. I think it is a very important part of the look of the game. They should definitely be in barring it's just too impossible to implement. There should be the short kind that just hang out of the helmet, some that are a longer version of those that hang down just below the shoulders, and the dreads pulled back in a pony-tail type of look like the ones that were in Madden 07 on PS3. I feel they are much needed. The look is very important imho.
Old 04-06-2009, 02:47 PM   #79
Banned

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
Nothing in my post indicated that I'm acting like I'm just hearing about it now. It isn't because it is April that it won't be in the game... this feature didn't make the cut in September.

Also, I disagree there was a huge uproar about it last year. At least you've taken mullets off your list of demands.
Dreads are now considered a feature? Oh how the mighty have fallen.

This is sad.
Old 04-06-2009, 04:03 PM   #80
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by BORN4CORN
Are you really calling dreads a "feature" here? Although I'm personally not too upset they wont be in, its something that should be included. To call it a feature is only adding to the EA stereotype..
Well, that's what it is. All work orders/changes/line items/action items or whatever you want to call them are considered features in software development. We wouldn't put it on the back of the box, no, but that isn't what the definition of a feature is. In our design DB, every line item is equal... whether it is a component of a new "feature" feature, or time scheduled for paternity leave (yes, really). So we don't go calling one thing a feature and another an addition... that would only get confusing.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Wishlist »