Home

Wait..what no Dreads :(

This is a discussion on Wait..what no Dreads :( within the NCAA Football Wishlist forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Wishlist
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 04-03-2009, 03:12 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 26
Re: Wait..what no Dreads :(

They need more talent on the team if this feature still isn't in. My 2cents
Old 04-03-2009, 04:55 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavy_hitter
I don't see the point. Hair, socks, faces, sidelines, crowds, goal posts, are all meaningless until they fix the problems with this game.

There is a new helmet on the market called the Xenith that will be worn this year. I think it would be cool for it to be in the game. However, I would rather gameplay be fixed first.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SA1NT401
Agreed. It does nothing for gameplay. And GAMEPLAY is THEE ONLY thing that matters. Would it be nice? Sure. but it is NOT a priority.

Good post.
Both of you are pretty much wrong.

Gameplay is important, absolutely, but gameplay and gameplay alone will NOT create a great title. Go look at any other good game. Take Grand Theft Auto IV for example. If that game focused on nothing but gameplay, made it the best it could possibly be, do you think it would be as good as it is? Nope, wanna know why? Atmosphere and details. If they stuck you in a bland city, with a bland atmosphere yet gave you amazing gameplay, you would become bored EXTREMELY quickly. The same thing applies here. To make NCAA and Madden great, gameplay needs to be good BUT presentation and atmosphere need to be just as good if not better to keep you engrossed in the experience.
Old 04-03-2009, 05:09 PM   #19
Banned

Dreadlocks?
Cleats?
Helmet shapes?
Facemask lengths?

If you are watching those things during a play (when the camera has zoomed out to include about 3/4 of the field and every player on it looks smaller than my thumb held at arm's length from my face) AND they honestly impact your enjoyment of the game to the degree that some suggest, then you should simply realize that you will ALWAYS be disappointed. That level of details - carried out to an extreme like the Gran Turismo series, worrying about the shock absorbers and such - is simply not going to be addressed in a mass-market game.

Those are all niche considerations and some people fail to recognize that there is a fundamental difference between getting the OL-DL interaction and pocket formation fixed - which would be integral to the experience of playing "football" - and getting a facemask changed or having cleats (or in reality a few on-screen pixels that kind of sort of look like a foot when the game is running) - which is more like playing a racing sim or RPG.

I won't say that its "wrong" exactly; but to my personal interests things that I cannot readily identify during the execution of a screen pass against a CB blitz out of Nickel personnel do not matter.
Old 04-03-2009, 05:50 PM   #20
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moostache
Dreadlocks?
Cleats?
Helmet shapes?
Facemask lengths?

If you are watching those things during a play (when the camera has zoomed out to include about 3/4 of the field and every player on it looks smaller than my thumb held at arm's length from my face) AND they honestly impact your enjoyment of the game to the degree that some suggest, then you should simply realize that you will ALWAYS be disappointed. That level of details - carried out to an extreme like the Gran Turismo series, worrying about the shock absorbers and such - is simply not going to be addressed in a mass-market game.

Those are all niche considerations and some people fail to recognize that there is a fundamental difference between getting the OL-DL interaction and pocket formation fixed - which would be integral to the experience of playing "football" - and getting a facemask changed or having cleats (or in reality a few on-screen pixels that kind of sort of look like a foot when the game is running) - which is more like playing a racing sim or RPG.

I won't say that its "wrong" exactly; but to my personal interests things that I cannot readily identify during the execution of a screen pass against a CB blitz out of Nickel personnel do not matter.
I agree with alot of that, you dont want to get too picky. But you cant have great gameplay and everything else be bland and expect a good overall product.
Old 04-03-2009, 06:17 PM   #21
MVP

Tengo Juego's Arena

OVR: 29

I don't know why people always feel they need to moderate or interject the people who get upset over this. Its not going to change. I'm still going to campaign hard for it next year(and every year until it happens). Tons and tons of people post the same crap about it not being of priority. Quite frankly I'm tired of hearing it.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2009, 07:16 PM   #22
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacPlex
ugh im soo disappointed that someone said they were confirmed not to be in again. It must be a lot harder to add them then I thought. Does any 1 know why they won't be in 09.
It's not hard, OMT said last year it was easy but they didn't think many people cared about it. It's just a texture swap he said, they can take it from Madden and implement it very quickly. However they choose not to because they hate us

And for you folks who continue to take the WRONG approach and say gameplay is the only thing that matters, you are MISSING THE POINT. A game is a sum of many parts and details also seek to enhance enjoyment of a title. The truth is EA should be fixing BOTH, gameplay AND adding details.

It's ridiculous that so many of you continue to let EA off the hook on these things that are so quickly and easily fixable but they are TOO LAZY TO FIX. Call them to the mat on these things and quit making excuses and maybe they will get off their @ss and FIX THEM!!

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven

Last edited by ODogg; 04-03-2009 at 07:19 PM.
Old 04-03-2009, 08:21 PM   #23
Banned

OVR: 38

People just wanting gameplay improvements think about this!

You cant make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich with just peanut butter you need bread and jelly! THINK about it
Old 04-03-2009, 08:31 PM   #24
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by boucher
People just wanting gameplay improvements think about this!

You cant make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich with just peanut butter you need bread and jelly! THINK about it
I think a better analogy might be do you want a car that simply runs or one that looks nice, has A/C and decent seats? How about BOTH? It's not either/or. Don't let EA and their fans bait you into the trap that your expectations are so low that you can only hope for one.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Wishlist »