Home

Wait..what no Dreads :(

This is a discussion on Wait..what no Dreads :( within the NCAA Football Wishlist forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Wishlist
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 04-04-2009, 10:44 AM   #33
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: Wait..what no Dreads :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhombic21
First, can you go find the quote from OMT where he said that it was easy, because I kind of remembered him saying the opposite. That it is difficult to do, particularly in terms of maintaining 60 fps.

Second, I just disagree that dreds really add that much to the visuals of the game. I would rather they focus on things like interactive sidelines and pre/post game presentation than things like dreds, hand towels, or refs.
Yep. I never said this was easy. The game is running at 60 fps right now. In order to add dreads, we'd have to change the way player heads are rendered. This will impact frame rate. Remember, it isn't one dread... we have to support 22 players with them and keep the frame rate the same. In order to do this, we would then have to optimize in other places.

Can it be done? Sure. However, it is a big impact feature budget wise. It would be a hard sell to avoid it getting cut when we are at 200% over budget . It isn't a matter of laziness, it is a matter of priorities. I'd love to have it, along with a laundry list of other stuff, but at the end of the day we have a limited amount of time to make the game.
Old 04-04-2009, 10:55 AM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
Yep. I never said this was easy. The game is running at 60 fps right now. In order to add dreads, we'd have to change the way player heads are rendered. This will impact frame rate. Remember, it isn't one dread... we have to support 22 players with them and keep the frame rate the same. In order to do this, we would then have to optimize in other places.

Can it be done? Sure. However, it is a big impact feature budget wise. It would be a hard sell to avoid it getting cut when we are at 200% over budget . It isn't a matter of laziness, it is a matter of priorities. I'd love to have it, along with a laundry list of other stuff, but at the end of the day we have a limited amount of time to make the game.
Thank you!!!! shut all those people who are saying it can me done in a day, its not in, so keep it moving. now they will find something else to complain about. here are possible ways they will complain more:
1)EA needs a bigger budget
2)EA needs to hire "me" , ill work for free and my ideas are AWESOME!!!!
3) they will just sit back and think of flaws with new features just to have reason to rant.
Old 04-04-2009, 12:43 PM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhombic21
Second, I just disagree that dreds really add that much to the visuals of the game. I would rather they focus on things like interactive sidelines and pre/post game presentation than things like dreds, hand towels, or refs.
Interesting. You don't think dreads add that much to the visuals of the game but you feel hand towels would. I'm for both, but if its that much trouble to put them in I'll live without. Just like towles, the dreads make your players individuals. Speaking for myself, I don't get the interactive sideline arguement I hear so much about. If a coach was added yea I might check out the sidelines while playing...but I don't give a rats *** what the bench warmers are doing as long as they are paying attention to the action on the field LOL

-out
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-04-2009, 01:10 PM   #36
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbdeuce
Interesting. You don't think dreads add that much to the visuals of the game but you feel hand towels would. I'm for both, but if its that much trouble to put them in I'll live without. Just like towles, the dreads make your players individuals. Speaking for myself, I don't get the interactive sideline arguement I hear so much about. If a coach was added yea I might check out the sidelines while playing...but I don't give a rats *** what the bench warmers are doing as long as they are paying attention to the action on the field LOL

-out
Agree with you guys to an extent when it comes to interactive sidelines, i think what APF did when you ran outta bounce the players on the sidelines would help stop your momentun it looked ill, and if you ran out of bounce on the opposite sideline they would surround you and you can see the players talking trash. I would like to see this, it would add to the intensity of the game and make rivalary games feel that much better.

The dreads and handtowels issue though is a non issue to me. I mean you know who the players are Due to jersey number/ht/weight and the addition of the free roster names that u can DL.

AT 50 seconds you can see what i mean by the sidelines stoping player momentum.

Last edited by Allaboutme; 04-04-2009 at 01:13 PM.
Old 04-04-2009, 01:19 PM   #37
Pro

rhombic21's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:

-out
No, I said that I don't care about dreds OR hand towels.

Interactive sidelines are what 2K8 had, where when players ran out of bounds, they would interact with people in the bench area. In college football, the sidelines are generally pretty crazy and active, so I would think that this area would be the place that would add the most to the atmosphere.
Old 04-04-2009, 01:21 PM   #38
Rookie

i have been enlightened about the interactive sidelines...thats sweet!
Old 04-04-2009, 01:26 PM   #39
Rookie

Quote:
i have been enlightened about the interactive sidelines...thats sweet!
Once you see it , it really does add to the intensity of the games.

Just imagine your rivalry games how much your sideline would be going crazy.

Thats something that probably wont be in 10 , but hopefully maybe 11 they look in to it.
Old 04-04-2009, 01:29 PM   #40
Rookie

u right rhombic21 my fault
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Wishlist »