Home

Wait..what no Dreads :(

This is a discussion on Wait..what no Dreads :( within the NCAA Football Wishlist forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Wishlist
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 04-04-2009, 04:15 PM   #41
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Wait..what no Dreads :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhombic21
No, I said that I don't care about dreds OR hand towels.

Interactive sidelines are what 2K8 had, where when players ran out of bounds, they would interact with people in the bench area. In college football, the sidelines are generally pretty crazy and active, so I would think that this area would be the place that would add the most to the atmosphere.
I would hope they would add chain gangs then. Interactive sidelines wouldn't look as good without the gang. Might as well throw the refs in while you're at it.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-04-2009, 11:22 PM   #42
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
Yep. I never said this was easy. The game is running at 60 fps right now. In order to add dreads, we'd have to change the way player heads are rendered. This will impact frame rate. Remember, it isn't one dread... we have to support 22 players with them and keep the frame rate the same. In order to do this, we would then have to optimize in other places.

Can it be done? Sure. However, it is a big impact feature budget wise. It would be a hard sell to avoid it getting cut when we are at 200% over budget . It isn't a matter of laziness, it is a matter of priorities. I'd love to have it, along with a laundry list of other stuff, but at the end of the day we have a limited amount of time to make the game.
OMT, first fo all thank you for taking the time to reply to this. However, I find your answer lacking because you guys knew LAST YEAR there was a big uproar about this and yet you are acting in this post as if you're just now hearing about dreadlocks, long hair and at this point it's too late. I just don't get it. Same deal for refs and the chain gang.

When you guys are setting around talking about the new game do you completely forget everything discussed about the previous year's game until you come into the forums and get reminded in April? Because it sure seems that way.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 04-04-2009, 11:37 PM   #43
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Odogg gettin gangsta wit EA!!!

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 04-05-2009, 12:20 AM   #44
Rookie

OVR: 5

Odogg for EA sports NCAA Football lead developer IMO ..

He will listen to the people...
Old 04-05-2009, 12:21 AM   #45
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by eritraj

They have my resume!!

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-05-2009, 12:43 AM   #46
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:

I second this.

The more ppl like ODogg we have telling EA what we want, the better we all will be. EA, for some odd reason, seems to get a free pass that other developers do not. Like ODogg, i appreciate every time an EA dev takes time out of their lives to come on here to talk to us but it really seems as tho sometimes they just flat out dont listen to us. I mean how long do we have to wait before they fully utilize that ESPN license, or give us a true to broadcast presentation. Do you think its a coincidence that so many ppl keep bringing up NFL 2K5? The broadcast presentation in that game was unlike anything we've seen in a game, and that was withOUT an exclusive hold on the ESPN license.
Old 04-05-2009, 01:00 AM   #47
Gatekeeper

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:

I don't think it's quite that easy

Like any project with a deadline and a budget at the start you sit down and see what you "realistically" can get done before the deadline and within your budget.

If this game was just dreadlocks away from being stellar, you guys would have a point.

But given the limited tine frame and the numerous things they really do need to fix, add or improve I am betting dreads is down the list a bit

It's not just a matter of wanting to do it and waving a magic wand and getting it done. It's a matter of prioritization and deadline management This is project management 101 stuff.

Frankly while it would be cool to have dreads, given the numerous issues this game has had they have bigger fish to fry.

Unless Odogg or anyone else here saying they could do this job has legit software development project management experience, I guarantee you they would be buried by this job with in 2 weeks.
Old 04-05-2009, 01:03 AM   #48
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectSRT
I second this.

The more ppl like ODogg we have telling EA what we want, the better we all will be. EA, for some odd reason, seems to get a free pass that other developers do not. Like ODogg, i appreciate every time an EA dev takes time out of their lives to come on here to talk to us but it really seems as tho sometimes they just flat out dont listen to us. I mean how long do we have to wait before they fully utilize that ESPN license, or give us a true to broadcast presentation. Do you think its a coincidence that so many ppl keep bringing up NFL 2K5? The broadcast presentation in that game was unlike anything we've seen in a game, and that was withOUT an exclusive hold on the ESPN license.

"All of that darn presentation takes up space and budget money...This is next gen and we don't have the space to fit useless things in like presentation...Also our budget is really small because we have a monopoly so everyone will buy our game and we like to have a huge and I mean huge profit margin. We also don't have the time."

Sincerely,

EA Delv Team ..
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Wishlist »