Home

Wait..what no Dreads :(

This is a discussion on Wait..what no Dreads :( within the NCAA Football Wishlist forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Wishlist
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 04-05-2009, 10:16 PM   #57
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: Wait..what no Dreads :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Child Rebel
Exactly. I mean good lord. How much time could adding dreads, multiple shoes variations, a more diverse helmet selection, hand towels, etc, consume? My guess would be less than 4 years.
God forbid it takes away time from the gimmick feature of the year they are adding, be it "date a cheerleader" or "beat up a mascot" or whatever bulletpoint they want to add to this year's box.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 04-05-2009, 10:22 PM   #58
Banned

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
God forbid it takes away time from the gimmick feature of the year they are adding, be it "date a cheerleader" or "beat up a mascot" or whatever bulletpoint they want to add to this year's box.
I honestly don't think they'll get the picture until there's some competition in the industry. I can no longer deal with the excuses, I'm on the verge of giving up, and College Football is my favorite sport.
Old 04-05-2009, 10:25 PM   #59
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
I honestly don't think they'll get the picture until there's some competition in the industry. I can no longer deal with the excuses, I'm on the verge of giving up, and College Football is my favorite sport.
You're probably right because they didn't change their hockey game until 2K hockey started eating into their sales. Too bad there is no competition at all and probably will never be. As others have said, our only real hope at this point is probably just to hope the game on the PS4 or Xbox 720 has a better base engine right off the bat.

I think I somewhat believe them when they say they don't have time for dreadlocks and etc because they probably DO spend a lot of time working on fixing the game engine's flaws each year. If they had a good engine to begin with then they could spend a lot of time on the smaller stuff. If you start out with crap then you can work on getting it better all you want but it's still a program built on crap.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 04-05-2009, 11:18 PM   #60
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
You're probably right because they didn't change their hockey game until 2K hockey started eating into their sales. Too bad there is no competition at all and probably will never be. As others have said, our only real hope at this point is probably just to hope the game on the PS4 or Xbox 720 has a better base engine right off the bat.
I think our only chance of getting a great football game again will come down to the American Needle Inc v New Orleans Saints(et al) case thats in the Supreme Court now.

I hate saying it like this, but as long as there is no competition, EA doesn't have to work as hard, and the consumer suffers, that wont change until the exclusive deals they have are stripped from them.
Old 04-05-2009, 11:52 PM   #61
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
I ask you not to take offense for what I'm about to say, and what I'm saying I say with all the respect I can muster.... but are you serious? You don't have time to implement features into a game that were in the last gen version of the game? You have to be kidding me. You've had 4 years to improve upon this series and add things such a dreads, how is that not enough time? And you don't have the budget? Please, don't make me die laughing. You're EA Sports, you have a complete lock on all things dealing with professional and collegiate football and you supposedly can't fit dreads into the budget? I'm literally dumbfounded.

If that's what it takes to put dreads into the game then do it. I'm tired of waiting for a next gen football experience. I'm tired of waiting for the art team to add dreads, hand towels, multiple cleat variations in various colors, Nike and UA gear, etc. It's been 4 years and you can't add things as simple as this. It's getting ridiculous, and it's not that you can't, it's that you wont. You have the Nike license, you have the ESPN license, etc, and it's like you don't even bother to use them.

What makes it worse is that we get games like MLB 09 The Show, that aren't perfect games, but games that pay attention to details. Games that are created by Devs that actually pay attention to what we want . They attempt to push the envelope and give us a game that we can truly lose ourselves in. Actual great sports titles that pay as much attention to presentation as they do gameplay. The end result is a great sim sports titles that'll be played for a long time. That's what I'm tired of waiting for out of EA. You say it isn't laziness, that's exactly what I'm calling it.
Exactly this ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-06-2009, 01:15 AM   #62
Rookie

OVR: 6

EA is a Major company yes, but EAs budget isnt just for NCAA football or Madden. Ea puts out Various amount of games and they also budget towards the new games that are coming out or in Developement. So for you guys to think that NCAA budget is one that has no ceiling is amazing to me.

As much as you think NCAA has a Godly budget and all things can be done, it isnt so . hell EA had to Release 600 employees last October.If they want to put out the best Sim College football game out and they have a deadline to meet, if they decide ok, This year there wont be any new cleats or helmets or facemask, is this what your griping about?seriously, there is more than enough helmets and facemask and cleats in the game right now. IF they Staired there budget towards the Improvement of the OD( which was big in 09) and they improved pursuit angles and they seem to have created a acutal pocket, these things just mentioned IS what will keep gamers playing.Improved Defensive AI is what will keep gamers playing.

With that being said, all you guys Crying about no new cleats and facemask etc,you come off as a bunch of females, reason being when you watch football if your focusing on a players attire more than the actual game something is wrong.OHHH look at percys facemask, thats hot!!! seriously, let them do what they will the game can only get better.stop comparing it to last gen , because if you didnt noticed next gen game was builted from scratch and before they add those accessories you guys want so much i would rather them get the AI for the game down right,And if they had to exclude dreads and new cleats to do so, its something i can live with because i would rather have a game that plays well, than a game that has horrible AI and a Great assortment of "awesome" accessories.

For the ones that are threathing to quit because theres no new cleats , dreads or handtowels, please just quit, skip this years game if you must , we will let you know when its added, and its no animosity to anyone, but when i looked at the updates they release some of you guys go out of your way to talk down on them just because your not getting the new accessories.
Old 04-06-2009, 01:25 AM   #63
Banned

MacPlex's Arena

OVR: 14

lol What do we want?.........DREADS.....WHEN DO WE WANT IT NOW. haha.
Old 04-06-2009, 02:21 AM   #64
Banned

OVR: 25
Location: Far far away from the vultures and snakes that reside in the united states.

Ok, but guess what...it aint happenin. Come back around 2011 timeframe and see if its in.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Wishlist »