Home

Wait..what no Dreads :(

This is a discussion on Wait..what no Dreads :( within the NCAA Football Wishlist forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Wishlist
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 04-03-2009, 05:52 AM   #1
Banned

MacPlex's Arena

OVR: 14
Wait..what no Dreads :(

ugh im soo disappointed that someone said they were confirmed not to be in again. It must be a lot harder to add them then I thought. Does any 1 know why they won't be in 09.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2009, 07:16 AM   #2
Rookie

whatcha's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Wait..what no Dreads :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacPlex
ugh im soo disappointed that someone said they were confirmed not to be in again. It must be a lot harder to add them then I thought. Does any 1 know why they won't be in 09.
I dunno how long you guys will continue to beat this dead horse, but I'll let you know why I think it won't be in any time soon. OMT said something in the thread about helmets popping off describing the current player models. The current models are a body with a helmet put on top of it. The face of the player is painted inside their helmet. There is no head, this there is no hair. No hair makes it kind of hard to give players dreadlocks. Makes it hard to give them a bald head, too. So, what so many people keep calling a "simple" addition doesn't appear to be simple at all. It would require a significant change to the current player models, as well as the AI. Dealing with the player models. That's my $.02.
Old 04-03-2009, 07:22 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 38

madden has dreads
Old 04-03-2009, 08:59 AM   #4
Rookie

whatcha's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by boucher
madden has dreads
Madden also uses different player models. Seriously, fellas, it's a video game. 1) they can't use real players because it's against NCAA's rules. 2) it has 0 impact on gameplay. 3) there are much more important aspects of the presentation than a few players with dreadlocks.
Old 04-03-2009, 09:15 AM   #5
Banned

heavy_hitter's Arena

OVR: 8

I don't see the point. Hair, socks, faces, sidelines, crowds, goal posts, are all meaningless until they fix the problems with this game.

There is a new helmet on the market called the Xenith that will be worn this year. I think it would be cool for it to be in the game. However, I would rather gameplay be fixed first.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2009, 10:08 AM   #6
Banned

MacPlex's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatcha
Madden also uses different player models. Seriously, fellas, it's a video game. 1) they can't use real players because it's against NCAA's rules. 2) it has 0 impact on gameplay. 3) there are much more important aspects of the presentation than a few players with dreadlocks.
You forgot to put IMO on #3. Im not asking for a head. Who said I wanted a head? I just want hair hanging out the back of the helmet. The gameplay didnt bother me as much as it did others. Ncaa gameplay and art has two different teams so that argument is irrelevant. Now saying animated jerseys ala "The show 09" is a valid argument to get fixed before dreads, gameplay.......not so much.
Old 04-03-2009, 12:42 PM   #7
Pro

mjussawalla's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatcha
I dunno how long you guys will continue to beat this dead horse, but I'll let you know why I think it won't be in any time soon. OMT said something in the thread about helmets popping off describing the current player models. The current models are a body with a helmet put on top of it. The face of the player is painted inside their helmet. There is no head, this there is no hair. No hair makes it kind of hard to give players dreadlocks. Makes it hard to give them a bald head, too. So, what so many people keep calling a "simple" addition doesn't appear to be simple at all. It would require a significant change to the current player models, as well as the AI. Dealing with the player models. That's my $.02.
This, bowl patches and team logos during bowl games are just symptoms of a poor foresight. These issues were not thought through when they started designing NCAA for the current gen back in 2005-2006. Thus the difficulty of adding it now.
Old 04-03-2009, 01:33 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 7

all they have to do is paint it on the back omt said... its not really a big deal....

most likely it will be in this year
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Wishlist »