Home

What is "Presentation"?

This is a discussion on What is "Presentation"? within the NCAA Football Wishlist forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Wishlist
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-21-2009, 10:38 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 39
What is "Presentation"?

Alright, so after listening to the interview with Russ on the Solid Verbal podcast, its clear that some of our ideas aren't completely sticking with the NCAA team & are coming off as very vague. I think in order to make NCAA 11 a much better experience than its former titles, presentation needs a huge boost.

That leads to the question though of "What is Presentation?".

I feel that we can use this thread to accurately and thoroughly depict what we would like to see in terms of presentation. Please post youtube vids, pictures, and detailed descriptions of what it is that essentially makes college football, feel like COLLEGE FOOTBALL.

I'll go first. To me, it's a wonderful blend of an authentic like TV broadcast (that should feel different in dynasty mode based on if its National or Regional) and that college town flair & atmosphere.

This vid defines what it is:

FEEL THE GOOSEBUMPS!

Example of what the scoreboard/stat overlays should mimic

Within dynasty, An awards show or the presenting of the Heisman Trophy would be great to see again.. So help me god though, if Jesse Palmer gets into the game...

**National Signing Day Presentation, with the ESPN sidebars & ticker set up.. The player picking the hats. I think it would work well just showing the top 10 players, and possibly any 5* players that are considering your school. Then it could end with a type of wrap up and overview showing the top classes, surprises, etc. I dont think the interview is necessary, just the picking of the hat and the reaction..then an overview of the players that school has signed.

I think Erin Andrews could work in this part of the game within dynasty

Last edited by sportzbro; 07-22-2009 at 03:04 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2009, 10:43 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 7
Re: What is "Presentation"?

That is definitely awesome... but you said you want it to feel like "COLLEGE FOOTBALL on SATURDAY'S." then you post a video of Thursday night football...

hahahaha... just an observation, but I know what you mean. I don't get that feeling AT ALL playing NCAA 10, watching that crappy marching band moon walk in the shape of an EA logo... it's the complete OPPOSITE of the VT video you posted.
Old 07-21-2009, 10:48 PM   #3
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadeion
That is definitely awesome... but you said you want it to feel like "COLLEGE FOOTBALL on SATURDAY'S." then you post a video of Thursday night football...

hahahaha... just an observation, but I know what you mean. I don't get that feeling AT ALL playing NCAA 10, watching that crappy marching band moon walk in the shape of an EA logo... it's the complete OPPOSITE of the VT video you posted.
Ha yea I realized that right after, but its fixed now.
Old 07-21-2009, 10:53 PM   #4
Banned

This is what Madden is lacking too. Atmosphere.

You can do everything right on the field, but when you set a mood in the stadium, it changes the way the whole game goes.

You CREATE excitement, even if the action on the field is less than stellar, the excitement generated by the crowd and "atmosphere" will pull through.

I LOVED the idea in 07 (I think) on PS2 when the controller rumbled, and composure was lost... WTF happened to that? It was AMAZING. I have NO idea who in their right mind was like 'Yeah, that's really realistic and awesome, but let's scrap it and put in... uhhh... MASCOT MODE!!!'

Who plays mascot mode? I'll save that rant for another day.
Old 07-21-2009, 10:55 PM   #5
MVP

More Entrances w/a ton of emotion, noise, & the ability to set up a custom stadium sound at this moment..(I have no idea why its posting the vids twice)

Last edited by sportzbro; 07-21-2009 at 11:07 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2009, 10:56 PM   #6
Banned

Are you posting video's twice on purpose, or is my computer farked in the ace?
Old 07-21-2009, 10:58 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 6

Do for college football what The Show '09 does for baseball. Make me feel like I'm watching a real-life game on TV.
Old 07-21-2009, 10:59 PM   #8
Banned

Dear EA Sports;

Please put down your pez dispenser, watch the videos in this thread, take some notes, then take your MOON WALKING MARCHING BAND that sucks the life out of this game, and throw it in the garbage.

Then review the notes you made from these videos and ATTEMPT to implement some of these ideas.

Sincerely,
The sports gaming world

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Wishlist »