Home

Recruiting suggestions

This is a discussion on Recruiting suggestions within the NCAA Football Wishlist forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Wishlist
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-15-2010, 04:45 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Recruiting suggestions

Quote:
Originally Posted by BraveHeart
As a CFB fan who follows recruiting extensively I have some suggestions for the upcoming (prob too late, so maybe the NCAA after this one). if any of these suggestions have already been brought up (which I wouldn't be surprised) I apologize in advance.

1. Kids staying in State

I find it odd that recruits in this game seem to rather go out of state for college than stay. There's no problem with this, but the majority of recruits (depending on areas such as Alabama, Florida, Louisana) should stay in state. In RL (real life if you don't know) Most kids in a state like Alabama stay there. It's hard to pull kids from certain areas. Does this mean all kids, no, but it's a big deal when programs go cross country to cherry-pick recruits. Certain big time programs (USC, ND, FLA, etc...) do this on the regular, but they are at the top of the list for prestigious football programs right now. I'm not sure, but I believe the last Gen NCAA games got this idea right (or close to it). This isn't a deal breaker to me, but it's one of the first things that come to mind when I think of the recruiting in this game (and I'd like to see it addressed).

2. Junior/Community College recruits

JUCO recruits are sort of useless in this game. They are just regular recruits...but with less years of eligibility. First thing I'd like to have is the JUCO recruits seperated from the regular recruits list. Second, JUCO recruits should be (most of the time) physically stronger and weight more than the regular recruit (due to being in a college strength and conditioning program for atleast a year or two). Their awereness (for most of them) should be higher too since they've played more football and at a higher level. To balance things out (as like in RL) these JUCO recruits will have less years of eligibility. Some of them will have some sort of grade problems limiting them from going to some of the more academically sound programs, and some might not qualify at all. With that being said, JUCO recruits should mainly go to schools that are open to take them (usually schools with par to sub par academic standards). This doesn't mean that all JUCO kids can't go to ND or Duke, but most JUCO kids go to the USF's, KSU's, and OSU's (beavers) of the world because they can, and becuase those schools accept them. This would help the balnce of recruiting. Some of the mid to lower tier schools would be able to pick up on 5/4 star talent. A good (and recent) example of this would be Jason paul Pierre of USF. He was a kid who originally would've went to the big 3 in florida (FSU, UF, "U"), but his grades held him back so he had to go the juco route. After JUCO he signed with USF, and now he's gonna be a first round pick this upcoming NFL draft.

3. Random (and unknwon) top recruit at the end of the season.

This should be gone ASAP. No recruit comes out of nowehre (with no info, and no schools offering until the end of the season) to become the top recruit in the country. Recruit Rankings flucuate during the season, but not that drastically.

4. Movements of recruiting rankings

IMHO this is a must in the game. Recruiting rankings often change (especially during the season), and players often move up and down. When evaluating talent in the game players should either move up or down depending on what is unveiled about them. EA, please show me one recruiting site that had the same top 100 list from the start of the year to till the end of the year....you won't find one.

5. Preresentation

I wouldn't mind if there was some kind of segment that talked about the recruits. Maybe like "who's going where", "who's stock is going up, and who's stock is going down", " recruits top 5 schools list" etc... Or maybe a quick vid like in College Hoops 2K8.

well this is all the stuff from the top of my dome, feel free to add more (or add mine to the already existing or similar suggestions) as you wish.

For 1. What I think would work well is having a list of schools for recruits, and each school having a football pedigree. Then you can do pipelines for schools rather than pipelines for states. For your home state you should get an automatic pipeline for every school in your state. Kids are only likely to go out of state when a big school actively works on building a reputation with their school.

The other option is to allow 5 year recruiting, and kids don't go out of state unless you start recruiting them earlier than senior year or something.

Agree 3 is horrible and makes NCAA unplayable to me.

4. Movements of Recruiting Rankings. Let me uncover actual attributes as I work on recruiting people, move rankings up and down based on attribute discovery.

5. Presentation, Don't mind if they don't add fluff, I think part of the problem is they try adding fluff before fixing the basics.
Old 03-22-2010, 05:20 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 1

i think the under armour and U.S. army game should be added to recruitng at the end of the year to see how top recruits play b4 your recruitng is final
Old 03-31-2010, 01:49 PM   #11
Tradition Sports Online

RynoAid's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatsonTiger
I HATE the points system. There's a reason it was removed.

I like rekrutin as is, but i'd make it where "soft" and "verbal" don't mean "hard". Meaning, a guy can commit to Bama, but I can still recruit him to LSU.
a soft can change this year.. i had a 'Soft' commit on a A- speed HB with LSU and FSU got a Hard from him the very next week... this was in an Online Dynasty. I don't think i've seen it in offline dynasty.

TAKING APPLICATIONS NOW FOR CCM LEAGUES
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/rynoaid
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-04-2010, 05:08 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 37

Two things that would add to the "fun" factor:

1. National signing day

AND

2. A weekly wrap-up show that would include signing info
Old 04-07-2010, 08:49 PM   #13
Pro

fcboiler87's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by RynoAid
a soft can change this year.. i had a 'Soft' commit on a A- speed HB with LSU and FSU got a Hard from him the very next week... this was in an Online Dynasty. I don't think i've seen it in offline dynasty.
This has been happening at least on this last year's version. I know because I absolutely hate it when I'd get a soft commit from a guy I'd been # 1 on all year and then he'd give a hard commit to another school the next week.
Old 04-07-2010, 09:09 PM   #14
Pro

moneal2001's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by fcboiler87
Those are all good points made by BraveHeart. I would agree with them all. But I would like to add something to it. I really don't like the emphasis in the off-season recruiting. Who does that anyways? Texas' class for next year is nearly full. Even Purdue is usually wrapped up for the most part by the bowl game. There are just a few loose ends to be tied up in the off season. Now, if there were an off season for the next year, that would be excellent. Let's say you wrapped up recruiting for guys that will be on campus this coming fall. Then you could enter some kind of summer camp or junior camp mode where you get to scout and offer guys for the next class. Then, if you are someone like Texas, you have a bunch of commits very early on. I think this is definitely something we need.
They should take a hint from college hoops and let you recruit all high school grades as well as fr and so JUCO's . Also use a point based recruiting system like 2k as well. Coaches don't just call recruits they send emails texts and regular mail as well as calls and visits.
Old 04-13-2011, 09:35 PM   #15
Rookie

1bigcharm's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatsonTiger
I HATE the points system. There's a reason it was removed.

I like rekrutin as is, but i'd make it where "soft" and "verbal" don't mean "hard". Meaning, a guy can commit to Bama, but I can still recruit him to LSU.
I agree I wish soft wouldnt mean hard. But, i do know if a player has a soft but hasnt received a scholar you can get him to commit to your team by offer him a scholar "in some cases". I think the h.s. players should have a chance to changed their commits until signing day. just like in real life. I see alot of people saying that cpu teams be signing 3 4 star qb's and that's not real. But, in some cases some do recruit atleast two qb's that 4 star in real life just one be in the top 150. i recruited two before myself. one would be a pocket and the other a scrambler.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-14-2011, 10:08 AM   #16
Banned

ViLLiO's Arena

OVR: 13

Could not agree more about JUCO's. A few of them should be coming in at 90, 95 OVR. In Cam Newton & Terrence Cody's case, 99 OVR.

Also, one thing we definitely need is....

NATIONAL SIGNING DAY

Last edited by ViLLiO; 04-14-2011 at 10:11 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Wishlist »