Home

ATTN EA: Custom Playbooks!

This is a discussion on ATTN EA: Custom Playbooks! within the NCAA Football Wishlist forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Wishlist
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-21-2010, 11:53 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 21
ATTN EA: Custom Playbooks!

Yeah, I know that '11 hasn't been released, but we don't want to wait until it is too late for '12! I figured that maybe the Create-a-Play option could be too much to ask for (especially considering NO chance of a patch on that :P). Anyay, I'm now a much bigger supporter of the Dreads thread, as well as the Broadcast Cam thread. Hope you guys get those things! They would be GREAT! However, feel this thread could, sort of, be the 3rd muskateer if you will. Anyway, if you're not completely down with the idea of Custom Playbooks, allow me to elaborate. With this addition of 120 ways to win and specific offensive styles for specific teams, we REALLY need to be able to create our OWN playbooks for TB teams. It adds to realism. Who wants to just play with a generic playbook or another team's playbook that isn't JUST what you want? That, to me, is unacceptable. We need to be able to chose formations for our schools' playbooks. It would add a LOT to the customization and control aspects for created teams. Please show your support here to this cause, as well as the other two! (I also feel it appropriate to start FB groups or pages for EACH of these requests, seperately of course.)

Thanks guys! Happy gaming......well, a bit less happy until we get these improvements lol :P
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2010, 12:25 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 5
Re: ATTN EA: Custom Playbooks!

agreed!
Old 06-22-2010, 12:32 AM   #3
Rookie

nevadawp's Arena

OVR: 1

Would LOVE it! Takes me back to the old Playmaker Football days. However, I also worry it would be ripe for exploit if not done PERFECTLY!

Probably would have to be a template kind of chalk board rather than a freeform chalkboard. Each player with a multitude of movement and action choices out of the included formations. Custom formations would be a little too much to ask I think.
Old 06-22-2010, 12:32 AM   #4
Banned

Strummer101er's Arena

OVR: 7

I seem to jabber about this in every other post, so I might as well do it here:

We need an online playbook builder. Build your playbook, name it, download it and share it with the community.

C'mon EA. Should have been a no-brainer with the 120 Ways to Win thing. An online playbook builder is the #1 item on my NCAA 12 wish list, apart from the usual gameplay improvements.

I'm not so interested in creating my own plays or formations (but it wouldn't hurt); I just want to be able to handpick all my formations and plays from the ones that are already in the game. Every year I have to settle for a playbook that has only half of what I want.

Last edited by Strummer101er; 06-22-2010 at 12:36 AM.
Old 06-22-2010, 12:34 AM   #5
Rookie

gofresno's Arena

OVR: 8

Custom Playbooks is a must! Its so frustrating trying to find the PERFECT playbook for you. It would be great to pick and choose what formations you want like on the old gen
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2010, 12:42 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 10

I'd be happy if they just threw in custom playbooks exactly like it was in NCAA 06/07 on PS2/XBOX
NHL: LA Kings
Old 06-22-2010, 12:42 AM   #7
Rookie

RamblinWreck21's Arena

OVR: 5

I would love this. Being an offensive coordinator for my churches little league team, I would love to put some of my option plays I have created in NCAA.
Old 06-22-2010, 12:45 AM   #8
Banned

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevadawp
Would LOVE it! Takes me back to the old Playmaker Football days. However, I also worry it would be ripe for exploit if not done PERFECTLY!

Probably would have to be a template kind of chalk board rather than a freeform chalkboard. Each player with a multitude of movement and action choices out of the included formations. Custom formations would be a little too much to ask I think.
Why I'm not asking for it.....this year lol asking to be able to select the formations... after that, THEN Create-a-Play (and formation of course), which should be done like Madden 05

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Wishlist »