Home

ATTN EA: Custom Playbooks!

This is a discussion on ATTN EA: Custom Playbooks! within the NCAA Football Wishlist forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Wishlist
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-22-2010, 12:48 AM   #9
Banned

OVR: 21
Re: ATTN EA: Custom Playbooks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamblinWreck21
I would love this. Being an offensive coordinator for my churches little league team, I would love to put some of my option plays I have created in NCAA.
I'm no OC, but half of the time, if we aren't doing anything in class, I come up with different formations/plays. Would LOVE to see how well they'd work, well at least in the game lol, but for right now, I'm pushing just for chosing formations already in. Gotta take baby steps with these things!
Old 06-22-2010, 12:54 AM   #10
Pro

Special27K's Arena

OVR: 9

Custom Playbooks are a must and 100% agree with

However the very idea of Create-A-Play terrifies the hell out of me. I'd love the freedom to an extent but, there's no way it could be done I think to the point where it couldn't be exploited vastly online. I think they should work on this feature though but, not release it until like 2-3 years of work is done so it doesn't completely ruin the game online.

Unless they refuse Create-A-Play for use in online ranked matches. Let's actually go with that it sounds like the best idea for a quicker release of a feature like this.
Old 06-22-2010, 12:58 AM   #11
Banned

osubeavs721's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strummer101er
I seem to jabber about this in every other post, so I might as well do it here:

We need an online playbook builder. Build your playbook, name it, download it and share it with the community.

C'mon EA. Should have been a no-brainer with the 120 Ways to Win thing. An online playbook builder is the #1 item on my NCAA 12 wish list, apart from the usual gameplay improvements.
The should call it 121 ways to win... hinting at custom playbooks.
Why not make the custom playbook online like teambuilder. You had a great idea with that,
But let us make our own formations and plays too.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2010, 01:00 AM   #12
Rookie

RamblinWreck21's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaBruce
I'm no OC, but half of the time, if we aren't doing anything in class, I come up with different formations/plays. Would LOVE to see how well they'd work, well at least in the game lol, but for right now, I'm pushing just for chosing formations already in. Gotta take baby steps with these things!
Ha Ha, thats how I got started! I drew up flexbone plays all through out Psych class. Also, I'm an OC for a Church little league. I'm only19 lol. I'm sure your probably just as smart when it comes to football as I am.
Old 06-22-2010, 01:01 AM   #13
Rookie

RamblinWreck21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Special27K

However the very idea of Create-A-Play terrifies the hell out of me. I'd love the freedom to an extent but, there's no way it could be done I think to the point where it couldn't be exploited vastly online. I think they should work on this feature though but, not release it until like 2-3 years of work is done so it doesn't completely ruin the game online.

Unless they refuse Create-A-Play for use in online ranked matches. Let's actually go with that it sounds like the best idea for a quicker release of a feature like this.
I actually wouldn't be too upset if the feature was disabled online. Personally I would have disabled on ranked matches, but you can choose to use custom play books in private online matches.
Old 06-22-2010, 01:06 AM   #14
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Special27K

Planned to post this by the first sentence of your second paragraph in response, lol. And maybe for all of online as well? That is, if it is TOO big of a problem....which it shouldn't be, just like OCs being innovative, un;ess there is a legit glitch to a certain formation/play. Hmmm, how about the option to allow or disallow it as one of your settings for onlne? If you chose to disallow, you won't be able to use them, and neither will your opponent if they have that sam setting or accept it or whatever (don't play online much so idk how all that goes lol)
Old 06-22-2010, 01:08 AM   #15
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamblinWreck21
Ha Ha, thats how I got started! I drew up flexbone plays all through out Psych class. Also, I'm an OC for a Church little league. I'm only19 lol. I'm sure your probably just as smart when it comes to football as I am.
ah well I'm 15, almost 16 and going in to 10th. Hey, mybe I'll draw up some of my plays on paint and send them to you? :P Don't have real names for anything yet, however.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2010, 01:14 AM   #16
Rookie

RamblinWreck21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaBruce
ah well I'm 15, almost 16 and going in to 10th. Hey, mybe I'll draw up some of my plays on paint and send them to you? :P Don't have real names for anything yet, however.
Sure man. I've actually developed two formations that are not used with anyone else in our league. I've personally never seen them while watching football, but I'm not positive they are original, so I won't take credit for them. Anyways, my point is, I could use another foreign formation to turn the tides towards us this year! My boys lost in the championship twice now. I'd like for the older guys who are moving up to get that trophy!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Wishlist »