Home

More than 30 player faces?

This is a discussion on More than 30 player faces? within the NCAA Football Wishlist forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Wishlist
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-15-2010, 11:04 AM   #1
Rookie

brettford's Arena

OVR: 3
More than 30 player faces?

I don't know why more people don't gripe about this one (seeing how there are debates over what hand towel a guy uses or what color gloves he wears).

It bothers me to no end that this game has such a limited number of player heads/faces. Its not that important for gameplay since they wear helmets, but most people play this game for the fun of building dynasties and recruiting. People spend a lot of time in the menus recruiting players or messing with their depth charts (where a headshot of the player is prominently displayed) and yet every team has several "identical twins".

In the same way the game can auto-generate literally thousands upon thousands of height/weight/body type combinations, they should do the same with faces. It would make the game feel a lot more realistic if your players all looked like unique individuals. Over time you would recognize your players (as well as star players throughout the country) by their faces. It would create a much better story element as you play out the years. You would remember your star players long after they left.

It just seems to me that generating thousands of unique player faces is not that difficult and would add HUGE amounts of additional realism.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2010, 03:12 PM   #2
Banned

$D-Money$'s Arena

OVR: 5
Re: More than 30 player faces?

March Madness 08 had a great face editor, I agree, I wish you could edit the face of players or at least have them start off as generic randomizations. It would also be great if they could do what Madden did and have it so the helmet can come off of the player
Old 07-17-2010, 08:37 PM   #3
Lie,cheat,steal,kill: Win

trobinson97's Arena

OVR: 44

I agree with the OP 100% It goes along with the [lack of] hair too. The CAP needs a major overhaul.

SteamID - Depotboy

...2009, 2011, 2012, 2015, 2017, 2020....
What a run
Roll Tide

Old 07-25-2010, 06:35 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by brettford
I don't know why more people don't gripe about this one (seeing how there are debates over what hand towel a guy uses or what color gloves he wears).

It bothers me to no end that this game has such a limited number of player heads/faces. Its not that important for gameplay since they wear helmets, but most people play this game for the fun of building dynasties and recruiting. People spend a lot of time in the menus recruiting players or messing with their depth charts (where a headshot of the player is prominently displayed) and yet every team has several "identical twins".

In the same way the game can auto-generate literally thousands upon thousands of height/weight/body type combinations, they should do the same with faces. It would make the game feel a lot more realistic if your players all looked like unique individuals. Over time you would recognize your players (as well as star players throughout the country) by their faces. It would create a much better story element as you play out the years. You would remember your star players long after they left.

It just seems to me that generating thousands of unique player faces is not that difficult and would add HUGE amounts of additional realism.
What bothers me more than the lack of faces is how a certain height/weight combination can only have seven face choices... I don't want an offensive lineman who doesn't weigh 300 pounds to have a sunken, skinny face... I have to make him heavier so I can give him a fatter looking face. Make all faces available for all height and weight numbers. This was asked for last year...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Wishlist »