Home

Early Top Ten Wishlist for NCAA Football '12

This is a discussion on Early Top Ten Wishlist for NCAA Football '12 within the NCAA Football Wishlist forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Wishlist
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-21-2010, 12:31 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 11
Re: Early Top Ten Wishlist for NCAA Football '12

uummm...MORE CAMERAS!!!!!
Old 07-21-2010, 04:07 PM   #10
D.1
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Survivor
The stress on acceleration and duel-stick controls has made NCAA players more unique than ever. There were a variety of things I listed to make players more unique on and off field.

- More player faces and celebrations would add to on field identities beyond strictly gameplay. Cut-scenes, cut-scenes, cut-scenes! They can add more animations and dual-stick capabilities too, but this year is better than ever IMO.

-Player majors and player discipline could add to player personality big time off the field.
i mean like running styles and things like that
Old 07-21-2010, 09:02 PM   #11
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13

For me my top 10 wishlist would be all about the dynasty mode since it is all I buy the game for.

1) The coaching carousel has to be in 2012. Its a feature that has been missing for years and why a number of people still play Choops2k8. It would look like this. hen you begin your dynasty you have 2 options.
-Open Dynasty: You can pick any team and become that head coach or create your own coach to take over your school. You are able to edit not just your team but all teams in season but only bio info, position, height/weight, and appearance/equipment.
- Closed Dynasty: You create your coach and then you are offered jobs at low level schools like Army, ULL, ULM, W.Kent, etc. You can only edit your teams players.
Then after you decide how you want to play you then choose your coaching style that is already in the game. Then you choose your coordinators
After the season a section is added like where we see players leaving for the fun part. On this screen you see all the open jobs. When you scroll over each job you see the top 5 candidates for that job and what kind of contract they are offering. If your coach is the top candidate then you have the choice to take the job or not. After all the jobs are filled you can see a recap. As coaches at smaller schools move up coordinators and fired coaches fill the openings at smaller schools.
2) Add a section to edit coaches and save the file outside of dynasty mode.
3) Add a rating system to coaches that will effect how well the coach recruits and the progression of the players.
4) Increase roster size to 85 players.
5) Improve on recruiting logic. I have only finished 1 season in NCAA11 but Georgia Tech signed 2 pocket passing QB's.
6) Gives us true progression. We need a in-season training feature added. We should be able to assign weekly training time that includes film study, drills, and workout time. A player will progress based on off field work, playing time, and coaches. Also include real life weight gain. An example would be a 6'4" 200lb 5* LB would be placed on a weigh program and add 30-45lbs in real life but in the game he would gain 10lbs max.
7) Add what positions a recruit played in high school. Since most kids play several positions in real life. Also here you could add to the athlete type recruits where one school could recruit the players as one thing and another school recruit the player as another position. Example a 6'0" ATH that played QB, HB, & CB in high school. School A recruits the player as a CB. School B recruits the player as a QB. He reveals that he has always wanted to play QB so he signs with School B.
8) Position change logic. If a school runs a 3-4 then moving smaller DE's move to OLB and smaller DT's to DE should not take a huge hit. Since 3-4, which a ton of schools run now, is basically 3 DT's, 2 DE's, & 2 LB's.
9) Add a spring game.
10) Just give me #1 and I will be happy.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2010, 01:53 AM   #12
XB1 GT: Cubone Jones

Cubone_Jones's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrew2411
For me my top 10 wishlist would be all about the dynasty mode since it is all I buy the game for.

1) The coaching carousel has to be in 2012. Its a feature that has been missing for years and why a number of people still play Choops2k8. It would look like this. hen you begin your dynasty you have 2 options.
-Open Dynasty: You can pick any team and become that head coach or create your own coach to take over your school. You are able to edit not just your team but all teams in season but only bio info, position, height/weight, and appearance/equipment.
- Closed Dynasty: You create your coach and then you are offered jobs at low level schools like Army, ULL, ULM, W.Kent, etc. You can only edit your teams players.
Then after you decide how you want to play you then choose your coaching style that is already in the game. Then you choose your coordinators
After the season a section is added like where we see players leaving for the fun part. On this screen you see all the open jobs. When you scroll over each job you see the top 5 candidates for that job and what kind of contract they are offering. If your coach is the top candidate then you have the choice to take the job or not. After all the jobs are filled you can see a recap. As coaches at smaller schools move up coordinators and fired coaches fill the openings at smaller schools.
2) Add a section to edit coaches and save the file outside of dynasty mode.
3) Add a rating system to coaches that will effect how well the coach recruits and the progression of the players.
4) Increase roster size to 85 players.
5) Improve on recruiting logic. I have only finished 1 season in NCAA11 but Georgia Tech signed 2 pocket passing QB's.
6) Gives us true progression. We need a in-season training feature added. We should be able to assign weekly training time that includes film study, drills, and workout time. A player will progress based on off field work, playing time, and coaches. Also include real life weight gain. An example would be a 6'4" 200lb 5* LB would be placed on a weigh program and add 30-45lbs in real life but in the game he would gain 10lbs max.
7) Add what positions a recruit played in high school. Since most kids play several positions in real life. Also here you could add to the athlete type recruits where one school could recruit the players as one thing and another school recruit the player as another position. Example a 6'0" ATH that played QB, HB, & CB in high school. School A recruits the player as a CB. School B recruits the player as a QB. He reveals that he has always wanted to play QB so he signs with School B.
8) Position change logic. If a school runs a 3-4 then moving smaller DE's move to OLB and smaller DT's to DE should not take a huge hit. Since 3-4, which a ton of schools run now, is basically 3 DT's, 2 DE's, & 2 LB's.
9) Add a spring game.
10) Just give me #1 and I will be happy.
See, I agree with you completely. I think that instead of taking Dynasty into a managerial viewpoint we take it through the coaching angle. College football is about the Bear Bryants and Urban Meyers, not their ADs. I wouldnt have a problem with stadium upgrades and scheduling, but don't make it all about being the AD.

I think the training feature and spring ball could be integrated into a real cool way to redo progression. It's certainly possible.

Also, I am all for having a scout for dynasty mode. Let's go out and play some high school games as our player's team.
Old 07-22-2010, 09:33 AM   #13
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Survivor
See, I agree with you completely. I think that instead of taking Dynasty into a managerial viewpoint we take it through the coaching angle. College football is about the Bear Bryants and Urban Meyers, not their ADs. I wouldnt have a problem with stadium upgrades and scheduling, but don't make it all about being the AD.

I think the training feature and spring ball could be integrated into a real cool way to redo progression. It's certainly possible.

Also, I am all for having a scout for dynasty mode. Let's go out and play some high school games as our player's team.
College football is all about the coaches. How many kids say they went to School X because of the AD? I played college basketball and I could have not told you who our AD was. They need to make the dynasty mode all about the coach and his staff. A scouting coordnatior would be a cool addition as well.
Progression is long over due for an overhaul. We need to know why player A progresses 3 points when he didn't play all season. Get rid of the randomness and gives us true progression please. Show us potential but don't make that why a player gets better. Say a player with A potnetial does not receive training time then he should not improve. I feel like EA is so close to making this game amazing.
Old 07-22-2010, 11:41 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 2

I agree with the spring games
Old 07-22-2010, 07:47 PM   #15
Burrow Club

Watson's Arena

OVR: 49

If spring games were added, I think it could be a good idea to have early enrollments from your newest recruiting class. not everybody, not even half of everybody. Just a few croots who maybe had "Academic Prestige" as their Most/Very High in interest.

just a thought.

@AdamdotH
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2010, 09:48 AM   #16
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

Thought of another cool addition to recruiting. Change how when a player "hard commits" to your school before signing day that a few could be swayed. Say a coach is fired or the school signs other players at their positions. Thats one of the best things about National Signing Day is to see who is going to go some where else. In the game now we have at the end of off-season recruiting a National Signing Day but it does nothing.
To be more true to life a high school player can give a "hard" commitment but its not official until they sign their Letter of Intent on Signing Day. It would be nice to expand the recruiting to include this.

Also to address an issue in 11. With every recruit having a low AWR rating we need to have in dynasty edit so we can fix this. After much thought I have decided this is a video game so if people want to go in and make all thier future players beast then let them or for sim gamers like myself who like more true to life gaming let us fix issues like this by just editing the players. Easy fix I would think.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Wishlist »