Home

My Very Early Ncaa 2012 Wishlist.

This is a discussion on My Very Early Ncaa 2012 Wishlist. within the NCAA Football Wishlist forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Wishlist
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-26-2010, 05:46 PM   #1
Pro

wrigleyville33's Arena

OVR: 16
My Very Early Ncaa 2012 Wishlist.

With Ncaa 11 just out as a very solid offering, there are somethings that have been left out that I have to get out (even though I doubt ea will even look at this).

1. Real time tackling- Backbreaker made an attempt at this. While it looked awesome, it wasn't perfect by any means, and wasn't that realistic. Players fall to easily, etc. Well, I'm tired of seeing the same tackling animations over and over in ea football games. It has really come to be a broken record with ea football games. Let's face it, the game hasn't really felt significantly different this generation. Natural or real time physics would significantly change the way the game looks and plays.

2. Presentation- Look, I'm sorry but a game that says 2k5 on it STILL has a game in 2010 beat. THAT IS PATHETIC. There has to be a presentation upgrade in which I won't want to press "x" to get through. I want College Gameday when I simulate to each Saturday previewing the games, making mascot head pics, full with a virtual desk, virtual Erin Andrews, Lee Corso, etc. For half time, I want to go back to the studio, have analysis, break down of what happened, full with video highlights and commentary to go with it, with perhaps scores of other games going on. Just like a game that is what, 6 years old? After all the games are played for that week, there should be a show with highlights of the key games with commentary. On the field, I want to actually see the commentators that are shown sometimes between plays, yes I said virtual announcers that can be shown in the booth. I can hear them, so what? It would add to the realism if a camera transition showed the commentators in the booth. Also, don't have them wearing the same suit every time. Now with commentary, it must be more dynamic. Make big plays feel like they actually mean something. It's pathetic, I break a 70 yard run, and the announcer is like "he scores a td". How boring! Does EA even watch football on Saturdays? I get chills down my spine when listening to real broadcasts which are full of excitement. Again we need Erin Andrews on the sideline, a virtual one which the camera transitions to, giving us an injury update, etc. Next, for half time and at the game, have a sideline reporter interview a coach or player. The camera should transition to the interview, and show it progress, with dialogue. 2k5's interviews sucked, but at least they have them! You can probably tell that I'm getting greedy, but I want my 60 bucks to be worth 60 bucks. I put 20 bucks to 2k5, and it was worth every penny. Cbs should also be incorporated with graphics and different commentary. I wouldn't care if the commentary wasn't as dynamic as espn's, but it would be refreshing to hear different voices for sec games and such. Also, it would be a nice touch for espn games, the little espn hd animation at the beginning of each game would be an awesome addition.

3. Equipment-
I shouldn't have to say much for this, options. We need secondary color options. We should be able to apply whatever we want on top of something, like in the form of layers. The facemasks included in ncaa 11 are pathetic. I don't know anyone who wears Lt's face mask. Again does ea even watch real college football on tv? We need every face mask that is seen on Saturday.

4. Weather/Lighting- Weather needs to transition as the game progresses. For example, a game should be able to start at a down pour, and as the game progresses, have the rain stop and go. The sunlight should change as clouds progress in any direction, not just per quarter. The evening should have a smooth transition to night. The game should start on overcast, and by the fourth quarter, have rain drops. Basically, weather needs to have more meat on it.

5. Special Teams- Please make special teams matter next year. I swear it is impossible to block field goals or punts. I'm tired of players using robo kickers booting 58 yard field goals like it's nothing. When players use the low trajectory, make them pay by increasing the probability of getting blocked. It is just sad to see how bad the rate of blocked kicks or punts are in the game. Kicking NEEDS to be harder. There needs to be a pressure system or some kind. Real life kickers miss chip shots sometimes, because in crunch moments, their face sometimes look like they are going to poop in their pants. In ncaa, I make field goals like it's nothing, which shouldn't be the case. The field goal method just needs to be scratched and redone. I love how there is like a sky cam which wobbles behind the kicker in madden 11 as it gives a tv look. Take it a step further, use that sky cam, and right when the kicker is about to kick the ball, then have the camera transition behind the endzone like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLDEPKbtGm8 .

6. Little Things- First things first, the crowd is atrocious. It needs to be revamped. Fans need shakers (as found heavily in the SEC). The crowd in the game just looks flat out bad; I don't know how else to explain it. I hate how it always gets overlooked every year. Next, bowl patches, self explanatory. Coaching carousel needs to be included. Bring back the espn magazine covers from last generation, or was is SI? Whatever, use espn magazine, I loved the covers. Use the 3d grass the madden 07 used. Have the players' jerseys get more dirty as the game progresses. Give us the ability to use custom songs for entrances. Especially for VT's entrance, have the stadium jumping up and down for Enter Sandman before the hokies take the field. Replays, again do away with those make believe camera angles. I can't tell what is even going on. Again, watch a real televised broadcast and replicate it 100%. Replays are like after every play. The first replay is usually from the actual play by play broadcast angle, with the score overlay shown. Next, they take a closer replay angle from the sideline, etc. JUST WATCH A REAL TELECAST. Also, for the ea sports logo on the overlay scoreboard at the bottom of the screen, please ghost it a little or lower the opacity. I could care less about players expressions when they get hit. How am I even supposed to even notice that in game?

That's it for now. I think it's pathetic how espn 2k5 included so much more for a 20 dollar price tag then a 60 dollar "next generation" football game. Monopoly sucks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2010, 07:21 PM   #2
Rookie

hawksrul05's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: My Very Early Ncaa 2012 Wishlist.

1. I think that experience should matter to players. Like if you give an underclassman more playing time, they will develop faster, or at least give them an awareness boost. Bigger Games = more experience. So if you are blowing out a team in a bowl game, you put your freshman QB in for your Senior starter to give him some experience for being the starter next year.

2. Also, you should be able to SPECTATE games. Lets say I'm in an online dynasty, and two of my friends are playing each other in the national title game. I WANNA WATCH THEM PLAY! make it so you can choose a camera and just sit back and watch the game? i feel like that would not be hard to include at all.
Old 08-04-2010, 07:30 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

Eastern Washington is laying down red turf for their stadium. They are Div-II but EA should include their turf color as an option in teambuilder.
Old 08-04-2010, 08:43 PM   #4
R**k**

vinny_b's Arena

OVR: 4

old school ASTRO-TURF.

the lime green colored carpeting. Some small schools still have it.

furthermore in Teambuilder, many people like to re-create classic teams. However, without old school astro-turf, it is just not the same.

please include this option, in future editions of Teambuilder !

thank you
Old 08-07-2010, 10:25 AM   #5
Banned

STONEWALL309's Arena

i would like to see (and i know this would take alot of work) them do like madden and make the players look like their real-life counterparts. i know i may not be realistic about this one since there's 120 teams to do like that, but it would be awesome. this years game is awesome and i would like nothing but to see that added in one year real soon. it would be awesome and it would make the game more realistic to me. thanks for the oppritunity to voice my opinion on this subject
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2010, 02:17 AM   #6
Banned

STONEWALL309's Arena

1. I would like to see the gameflow option in ncaa 12

2. I would like to see added where you have the option to go after anybody from any team (at the end of the year) to your team by way of transfers. It would be nice to be able to talk to anyone from anyteam and see if you can talk them into transfering to your team

3. Like i said in an earlier post, i would like to see (and i know this would be a stretch because of the amount of teams) the guys make the players look like their real life counterparts do

THESE ARE JUST A FEW THINGS THAT I CAN THINK OF RIGHT NOW. I'M SURE AS TIME GOES BY I'LL THINK OF SOME MORE AND POST THEM LATER ON. THANKS FOR THINKING UP THIS POST FOR US TO VOICE WHAT WE'D LIKE TO SEE NEXT YEAR. I HOPE THE GUYS AT EA LOOK AT THIS AND TAKE THESE THINGS TO HEART. PLEASE THINK ABOUT NUMBER 3 ON MY LIST. IT WOULD BE AN AWESOME ADD THAT WOULD ADD TO THE REALISM.
Old 08-09-2010, 06:45 AM   #7
MVP

jkra0512's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by STONEWALL309
1. I would like to see the gameflow option in ncaa 12

2. I would like to see added where you have the option to go after anybody from any team (at the end of the year) to your team by way of transfers. It would be nice to be able to talk to anyone from anyteam and see if you can talk them into transfering to your team

3. Like i said in an earlier post, i would like to see (and i know this would be a stretch because of the amount of teams) the guys make the players look like their real life counterparts do

THESE ARE JUST A FEW THINGS THAT I CAN THINK OF RIGHT NOW. I'M SURE AS TIME GOES BY I'LL THINK OF SOME MORE AND POST THEM LATER ON. THANKS FOR THINKING UP THIS POST FOR US TO VOICE WHAT WE'D LIKE TO SEE NEXT YEAR. I HOPE THE GUYS AT EA LOOK AT THIS AND TAKE THESE THINGS TO HEART. PLEASE THINK ABOUT NUMBER 3 ON MY LIST. IT WOULD BE AN AWESOME ADD THAT WOULD ADD TO THE REALISM.

Other than your first option I believe EA would get into trouble adding these. Players likenesses is a hot topic in courts right now and I don't think coaches can talk players into transferring to their school...
Old 08-09-2010, 12:06 PM   #8
Rookie

Recruiting/Progression:
  • They added some nice transparency to the process, and I like having control of the amount of time I will spend on each recruit, as well as limited control of what gets discussed. I would like to see more though. If I'm not in the top ten, it would still be nice to know how many points back I am before adding a player to my list and allocating time to him.
  • It would also be nice to know how much, if any, my comparison pitches are having on other teams ... or, how much I may be getting dinged by other teams recruiting against me (and what they are recruiting against) that run comparison pitches favorable to them. Give me some information that will help me learn how to recruit better in the future ... it too often feels like a slot machine to me, and that in the end, little of what I do has much impact on the final outcome of a recruiting chase. I put in my 60 minutes, get 6 pulls of the lever, and hope I hit the jack pot with the random 2x multiplier, or get all the recruit to rate highly all 3 or 4 of my A+ attributes. There is strategy, and I'm figuring it out, but it would be nice for there to be even more transperancy to it all.
  • Feedback as to why a recruit signed or didn't sign. I have been locked in battles where 5 teams were within 1 point of the lead, had a great recruiting round, and still lost and wondered why? I don't care that I lost the recruit ... that obviously happens ... but it would be nice to get even a 1 sentence explanation that it was because of a certain promise, or certain attribute of the school they picked that was the key element of the recruits decision to sign with a team.
  • In season Progression based on playing time, as well as off season progression based on how many years in school is a must have!! It is so frustrating to me to have a true freshman play an entire year, be among the team or even confernence leaders in some category (tackles, sacks, pancakes, receptions, etc) and see them gain one point in the off season. That player is going to get better than some comparably rated player who is being redshirted or sits the bench. There is a law of diminishing returns that should be built in ... you get a lot more improvement the first year you start, than 2nd or 3rd years will provide. Worse players should improve more than the vast majority of 80/90 players who don't have as much upside left.
  • Guys should get worse too ... If I have an 80+ player buried on the bench, and never gets on the field, its hard to imagine that guy's game not slipping, especially in-season.
  • Off season targeted progression ... As a 'Coach' I should be able to focus on certain attributes that I want a player to work on in the off season. I realize some attributes (Speed) can't be taught ... but catching skills, carrying the ball, footwork for linemen, etc can ... and I should have the ability to target those areas as priorities for improvement. It doesn't mean that it will always pay off ... some kids may not respond to the coaching ... but I should at least be able to have some control over what areas a player works on in the off season.
  • Transfer/Cut Recruiting. If a player gets cut, there should be a way that other schools can attempt to convince him to come play at their school next season. Perhaps we should be made aware of players that are considering transfering and have a chance to convince them to transfer to my school.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Wishlist »