Home

Please Eliminate the Double CB Blitz and Engage Eight from the Playbooks

This is a discussion on Please Eliminate the Double CB Blitz and Engage Eight from the Playbooks within the NCAA Football Wishlist forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Wishlist
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-06-2010, 06:39 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Please Eliminate the Double CB Blitz and Engage Eight from the Playbooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG
The problem isn't with a human calling them because we can hot route and change it up a little. It's with the CPU calling it. So yes, please remove it. It's an easy 30+ yards every time.
Valid but taking the play out of the hands of the people that use it isnt. Why make it so we have to hot route for a play that we already have ? I dont understand the guys saying "REMOVE IT", I'd rather have them fix the CPU playcalling logic when calling the play. But then again thats just my personal opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BROman
on engage 8, three things are wrong. if the coverage was man instead of zone, the blitzers had gap responsbility, and peeled off if backs released, it would be more realistic. a lot of teams run gap 8 in short yardage situations, man up the wr's/te's, gap up a-d, and have backers peel off if the backs release. this gets to a larger issue- there is no rhyme or reason to defense on ncaa. i'm not a programmer, but it doesn't seem to be that hard to program gap responsiblity.
Another very valid point that I can agree with.
Old 10-06-2010, 09:14 PM   #10
MVP

Palo20's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by BROman
on engage 8, three things are wrong. if the coverage was man instead of zone, the blitzers had gap responsbility, and peeled off if backs released, it would be more realistic. a lot of teams run gap 8 in short yardage situations, man up the wr's/te's, gap up a-d, and have backers peel off if the backs release. this gets to a larger issue- there is no rhyme or reason to defense on ncaa. i'm not a programmer, but it doesn't seem to be that hard to program gap responsiblity.
Well described. An 8 man blitz would not be called with just a 3 deep zone behind it. It would have man coverage. I wouldn't mind if they changed it to that.

Also, the way they package it in the playbook bothers me. The Engage Eight is at the first screen in almost every formation in every playbook. I'm guessing most users don't flip through the playbooks to much on defense so their first options are 2 Man Under, Engage Eight and Cover 3. Two of those are basic staples in every real playbook, one of them is used less than 2% of the time in real life.
Old 10-15-2010, 01:30 AM   #11
MVP

Pokes404's Arena

OVR: 10

It really drives me crazy when the CPU steps up on D, gets me into a third and long situation, and then runs Engage Eight and essentially hands me a 30+ yard gain. I can't tell you how many potentially good games have turned around completely because the CPU decided to run Engage Eight in a ludicrous situation. If it'd been real life, the head coach would have gone upstairs and fired the defensive coordinator on the spot.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Wishlist »