Home

My perfect NCAA game

This is a discussion on My perfect NCAA game within the NCAA Football Wishlist forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Wishlist
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-02-2010, 12:40 AM   #1
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41
My perfect NCAA game

We all have or perfect vision of a football game. This topic is made to discuss mine and yours as well. Just post what you want too and we should be able to have a nice friendly discussion.

Maybe EA will listen to us and use some of our ideas for NCAA 12. I won't hold my breath though.

Anyways, here I go...

What I want in NCAA is an improved version of the locomotion we have now. Its good and all, but it still needs tweaking. Trying to run backwards is near impossible as your player is always squared with the line of scrimmage. Also, players still slide around a little too much. If EA could tune this to make it feel more realistic and play more realistic that would ba a big step.

I also want to see an Athletic Director mode. Whats the fun in taking a crappy school into a powerhouse when nothing changes. I want a mode where I can add onto my stadium or build a complete new one. I want Nike to design me uniforms I can use, or let me make my own ones later on down the road.

Don't limit it to me either, let the CPU change uniforms down the road maybe 15 years, but keep it realistic. Let the CU also make stadium additions or build new ones, but keep this realistic too. I don't want Penn State changing uniforms and building a new stadium. Maybe a few additions to the stadium, but a team like that should stay mostly the same. But a team like Miami might update the stadium or completely change. They might also get new uniforms later on.

Just make it worth it when you take Wyoming from no one to a juggernaut. Dynamic attendance could really help here as well. I don't want a sold out crowd when I am 2-8, but in 11 it seems that its that way, one of the few steps back from 10.

Make presentation more like real life broadcast and not beyond reality. I don't want ESPN presentation that doesn't mimic real life. I want ESPN presenation that is an exact replica of the real thing. From how often banners are used, to how the font on the scoreboard is. Keep it just like the real thing with every tiny detail.

Also, commentary needs an overhaul. Its not bad or anything, but its older than the consoles which is sad. I want to hear new commentary and maybe new commentators. I want something on par with what NBA 2k10 and MLB 2k10 sound like. I also want presentation on par with that as well.

Add more to the Dynasty. I want spring games, a real signing day, media day, etc. Let my players do bad in school like the old days and leave me with a tough decision to sit them out or maybe even kick them off. Add suspensions again. the NCAA wouldn't like this, but I want the SEC to have 30 arrests per year just like real life. I want coaches to have ratings. A coach like Randy Shannon would have better discipline because he has no arrests under his belt unlike a Urban Meyer who has had a ton of arrests. That doesn't mean Randy is a better coach, he just has better discipline.

Add a coaching carousel and make coaches matter. Give me a budget that I can use and let me decide if I want to save money and risk it on a low profile coach so I can build onto my stadium. Or let me spend the big bucks on a Spurrier type coach that will get my players to play to their full ratings and will help them progress to their max throughout their careers.

Allow us to hire recruiters that will determine how well we can pitch our school. Its a part of real life, so let it be a part of the game. If I am Miami, but have two terrible recruiters, let it show. Make me spend more money on better recruiters so I can bring in the classes I can. Make people pay for being cheap with their coaching staff. Have players heal slower with a bad medical staff. Have them get misdiagnosed with a poor medical staff.

Let us develop rivalries. If I play Notre Dame 7 years in a row and 2 of those years was in the BCS Championship, we should have a rivalry. Let us develop them and make them be tougher games that may turn a little dirty. Maybe more personal fouls, or harder hits. Make these games feel important not just in the atmosphere(that will be improved drastically).

Give us unlimited slots in custom stadium sounds... easy.

Allow for conference expansions and not just invites. I don't want to replace a team in the Big 12, I want to join the Big 12 and maybe form the Big 14 or Big 16, maybe even the Big 18. Have multiple teams join conference and have those FCS schools you added get pulled up to FBS to maybe replace those teams in their old conferences.

Rework defense to play more realistically like offense this year. Make the passing game more realistic with DBs that cover the WR and not ones that run their routes. Change the passing trajectory so its more realistic so swats at the line don't happen so often. Have it so not every incompletion occurred because the DB swatted the ball down. A swat is usually a big play, but in the NCAA video game its a routine play.

Rework special teams. Let us have coaches like Beamer who have mastered special teams. I want to be scared I might get my punt blocked when I play Virginia Tech. Make it possible to block punts and FGs in a realistic manner and have teams be better at blocking them than others. Blocks are a bi part of the game, yet they are nonexistent in EA's games.

Thats it for now, sorry its in random order, but I just typed it up as I thought it out. Please leave feedback and your own ideas.

― Plato
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2010, 04:08 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: My perfect NCAA game

tl;dr. mine will be too.

1.There should be a coaching carousel, real coaches getting hired and fired. You could either create a new coach and only take an entry level job (2 star program) or you could continue the legacy of someone like Paterno or Saban.

2.Finances. This is the reason irl teams like WKU play in Nebraska. They get a big payout. Then you can use that $ for stuff (see Madden last gen) like training facilities & stadium upgrades.

a. If you can upgrade your facilities, this would effect injury recovery, player development, & recruiting (your facilities could go from C+ to B).

b. Stadium upgrades would allow more ticket sales (more $), better vending (more $), better recruiting, and more TV exposure (more $). etc. You should be able to set concession and ticket prices like Madden last gen too.

3. FCS with realistic teams and play offs. Or at least have the real FCS teams with realistic players if you cannot program an entire 2nd league. Allow a plus one entrance into dynasty mode (instead of replacing current fbs team like last gen).
Old 08-06-2010, 02:20 AM   #3
MVP

BlastX21's Arena

OVR: 16

I feel the only 2 issues are WTF plays, and cheesing. So the ideal game would have these things different from EA's version.

1. Linebackers can only jump 1 foot in the air.
2. Man defense is tuned down a bit. Zone defense is tuned up a bit.
3. Defenders catch the vast majority of easy picks. Sick of my opponents getting away with all these bad throws while I actually try to, you know, not throw into coverage.
4. 4th down handicap would be applied in online games in unrealistic 4th down situations. This means tighter coverage, fiercer pass rush, etc. Does not apply if you're using Texas Tech, Houston, etc.
5. Defense auto-adjusts to plays that are run over and over.
6. Accuracy toned way down when the QB is beyond 10 yards behind the LOS.
7. Lower speed threshold. Linebackers cannot chase down 95 speed receivers.

May not be perfect but it would be pretty darn close.
Old 08-22-2010, 01:46 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

- custom stadiums or at least take all the other teams stuff down when i wanna use somebody elses stadium on teambuilder, i'd like to use texas's stadium but i can't handle all the burnt orange and longhorn stuff plastered everywhere

- size and attribute editing during dynasty mode, why not it is a game. you can change stuff before you start a dynasty why not during it

- custom playbooks

- change up the uniforms during dynasty mode
Old 08-27-2010, 03:14 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0

85 man roster
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2010, 07:37 PM   #6
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13

1) coaching carousal: everyone knows what this is by now.
2) fully edit roster in dynasty mode for all schools
3) set depth charts for the cpu since they can't do it.
4) Weekly Gameday show: Like the weekly show in Madden but use the ESPN College Gameday. Talk about games, recruits, and weekly picks. Different site each week.
5) Make coaches matter: Give them ratings that effect offense, defense, teaching, recruiting, personality. These rating will effect player progression, recruiting.
6) Edit coaches names, age, looks, and record outside dynasty mode so we can save it once and use it over and over. Maybe attached to the roster file.
8) A new recruiting system: We should have the option to scout (gives use info on a recruit like ratings), choose our own pitches but each pitch is 10 minutes and can only be made once (get rid of the "roll the dice" recruiting). Add state and national all-Americans. Weekly high school stats like we had in March Madness a few years ago. A national signing day were your recruits sign and get rid of the signed recruit during the season. With a NSD you should be able to sway a recruit until the end just like in real life. Early enroll for players who are a "most" on academics.
9) Bring back the spring game and allow early enrollees to play.
10) In season progression and not just one time a year.

Not a fan of the "AD mode" for one reason college football is about the coach and not the AD. To add features like stadium upgrades, uniform editor, finances is cool but you should be the coach. I played college basketball and could not have told you who your AD was. But I can tell you all my coaches and grad asst.
Old 08-29-2010, 12:09 PM   #7
Rookie

ttech10's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlastX21
I feel the only 2 issues are WTF plays, and cheesing. So the ideal game would have these things different from EA's version.

1. Linebackers can only jump 1 foot in the air.
2. Man defense is tuned down a bit. Zone defense is tuned up a bit.
3. Defenders catch the vast majority of easy picks. Sick of my opponents getting away with all these bad throws while I actually try to, you know, not throw into coverage.
4. 4th down handicap would be applied in online games in unrealistic 4th down situations. This means tighter coverage, fiercer pass rush, etc. Does not apply if you're using Texas Tech, Houston, etc.
5. Defense auto-adjusts to plays that are run over and over.
6. Accuracy toned way down when the QB is beyond 10 yards behind the LOS.
7. Lower speed threshold. Linebackers cannot chase down 95 speed receivers.

May not be perfect but it would be pretty darn close.
Sorry to butt in, but...

They implemented #5 in a previous one and you could abuse it quite easily by running the same play, have another defender help with the guy it usually goes to and instead throw to the now lightly covered guy for a big play. Not sure why accuracy needs to be toned down for being further back and with #7 just adjust the current threshold slider. I have it at 30 and no problems with medium speed LBs getting near catching up to fast WRs.

Definitely agree with #1, #3 and #4. With default sliders they drop everything but if you increase the INTs they can catch about everything, meanwhile no matter what the CPU INT slider is on they can catch whatever they want. 4th downs are also just like a normal down, players play with the same intensity as they do on 1st down.
Old 08-29-2010, 02:23 PM   #8
MVP

BlastX21's Arena

OVR: 16

I'm an online player (not right now though obviously) so defaults are important to me. The accuracy drop is to punish the cheesers who scramble around a lot but are still able to make very accurate deep throws.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Wishlist »