Home

CPU Defense should be called with offensive formation in mind

This is a discussion on CPU Defense should be called with offensive formation in mind within the NCAA Football Wishlist forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Wishlist
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-12-2010, 02:03 AM   #1
MVP

UMhester04's Arena

OVR: 18
CPU Defense should be called with offensive formation in mind

I shouldnt be calling a 4 wide set, read option play out of Oregon's spread offense and see the defense come out in a 4-3. Doesn't work that way. This totally goes against what the spread is used for. It is used to "spread the field to create running lanes inside."
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2010, 03:14 PM   #2
MVP

BlastX21's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: CPU Defense should be called with offensive formation in mind

Its ridiculous at how long this has been in the game. I mean, I could come up with a mathematical formula for playcalling based on formation and previous plays called in 1 day...

Have you also noticed that in hail mary situations, if you run the ball from any formation the CPU will call a cover 3 at best? Or sometimes if you call a fake punt run, the CPU will come out in a 3-4?
Old 08-15-2010, 07:53 AM   #3
MVP

thedudedominick's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: CPU Defense should be called with offensive formation in mind

They need more gameplan sliders for teams. Some teams run their base defense even against spread formations. Other teams will play more DBs. I mean if you watch a Texas Tech game, every team they play comes out in something different to try and stop them.

I do hate the fact that the CPU calls defense based on your playcall and not formation. At least with sliders like I mentioned the CPU would have a legtimate reason to be in a base defense. The worst is the CPU coming out in goalline if you have a 4 wide run play called inside the 5, but have a regular D if you call a pass.
MLB: Chicago Cubs

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Wishlist »