Home

Things to think about for next NCAA Football game

This is a discussion on Things to think about for next NCAA Football game within the NCAA Football Wishlist forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Wishlist
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-22-2010, 01:24 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 3
Things to think about for next NCAA Football game

i would have to say that overall i really love this game and i think that it plays fantastic with a good slider set. although there are some things that i would like to see improved. as far as the gameplay goes, let me just start of by saying that the cpu is horrible at running the option. why i dont know but ive noticed that it has been this way for the past 4 or 5 ncaa football games. they also consistently call bad plays that are just not going to work, including the option which they can not seem to master even if it is suppose to be a good option team. i would like to see them execute some plays better and also make better decisions. i have to tweak my pass rush down just to get a more realistic number of sacks just because the cpu tends to hold on to the ball way too long. you will see them just shimmy on down the line of scrimmage until they either get sacked or he finally just blindly throws it into coverage. so better decisions by the cpu qb are a must. with that being said the cpu qb can tear your defense up if u arent careful but their consistent bad decisions during play and bad playcalling are what has gotten me out of some tough games. i have noticed that periodically the camera will pan at a really weird angle for some reason. for example on a couple of occasions the camera panned all the way to the 50 yard line on my pat. the first time it happened i thought the game had froze or something, but then i saw my team lined up for the extra point way up the field. so i was like ok, and just kicked the xp as normal. it didnt actually effect the gameplay at all but that was kind of weird but this should be an easy fix. despite what some people say on here the recruiting is awesome and i do like it better then the last one. i play on aa difficulty for recruiting and it is a challenge which is realistic. all in all i think most people want as realistic of a game as possible. half time shows, and sideline stuff is kinda cool like the first time u see it but if any is added in the next one, i wouldnt overdo it. i kinda like the fact that i can just keep on playing and there is alot less clutter in this game as compared to madden 11. i remember one of the very old ncaa football games that would actually let u decide how the post season was run. u could choose to go with the traditional bowl system or actually have a playoff system. i use to really like that, and wouldnt mind if u added that back in there. yes we know that college doesnt really have a set playoff system but it would be nice to dream a little. i think that the game mode that needs the most improvement is the road to glory. for one thing i can not have my custom roster set in when i play in this mode, and that just about ruins the whole mode for me. it seems like this whole mode is geared to compare how u are doing with the rest of the community. well thats all cool and everything but what if i dont give a hoot how i compare to some guy who has no job and has 24 hours a day to play and therefore he is ranked #1 in a game that his mom no doubt purchased for him. in other words just let me play my game that i bought with my own hard earned money would be nice without having to know what the whole world is doing in the online community. of course this isnt the only game that is like this. i mean dont get me wrong the online thing is awesome but in some instances it is a bit over doing it. the game is still very fun to play in offline mode. so i suspect that this is the reason why i cant play with my custom rosters on this mode because they have to compare u to everyone else or something. also another thing that irritates me on this mode is i have to reconfigure my slider set when i get in this mode since everything goes back to default when entering the rtg mode. also irritating is everytime i even look at my settings it has to warn me that if i change them i wont be compared to the rest of the community, well i dont care. once again i just want to play my game that i bought. maybe an option at the start where u could turn comparison on or off would be good. so that way if u just want to play it without being rated or anything then u can. also i didnt like the fact that i have to play on 5 min qtrs. many people spend countless hours testing out their sliders which are largely based on the set qtr length only to get into this mode and see that they cannot change the qtr length. i would have to say that it has improved since past games, but it still needs some work. another thing that might be cool is if u had a full schedule that your player could go through in his senior year instead of just the playoffs. the same system could be applied as the playoff system. just pick about 10 teams that are generally in that area and have them play those teams which are going to be random anyway but it would still be fun and might be better to gauge how good of a player your recruit might be, or maybe even have him play in the high school all star game after the playoffs, that would be pretty cool. for high school games i could see just 5 min qtrs, but personally i play on 8 min qtrs in order to get a more realistic play count. i think mostly the game is great, and only needs maybe a few improvements imo. keep up the good work ea in this one as you have madden beat.

Last edited by jHorns; 10-22-2010 at 01:51 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-22-2010, 05:54 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 3
Some more things that need to be fixed in the game

Some more things that might need to be fixed in the game i think is the running of the cpu. whenever the cpu runs they seem to be too indecisive and too jerky in their movements, also they try to protect ball a little too much and will do that bend over move while trying to run. i have seen them do this even when there is nobody around them and they have a wide open field ahead of them and it just looks silly. just an overall smarter opponent for the cpu would be nice. but until then we just have to continue to tweak the sliders in the cpu's favor to compensate for things like this, since most ai will never be as smart or just have as much common sense as a human player would.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Wishlist »