Home

Could this be a good sign for NCAA

This is a discussion on Could this be a good sign for NCAA within the NCAA Football Wishlist forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Wishlist
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-25-2010, 09:29 AM   #1
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13
Could this be a good sign for NCAA

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...-thoughts.html

This was posted over in the Madden section by Ian. They were able to unlock the ability to fully edit players inside franchise mode. It only took them 10 minutes to do. Could this be a good sign for us NCAA fans that have been asking for this. If we could edit players then we could fix EA mistakes without waiting months on EA to try and fix something that should have not even been in the game. Some people will not care for this feature but some of us do. Could this be a good sign for NCAA 12?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-25-2010, 10:27 AM   #2
Pro

fcboiler87's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Could this be a good sign for NCAA

Maybe for NCAA 13. Come on, you know that NCAA is ALWAYS a year behind Madden.
Old 11-25-2010, 06:23 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by fcboiler87
What are you smoking?
Old 11-26-2010, 01:06 PM   #4
MVP

Palo20's Arena

OVR: 21

I'm a big advocate of this in Madden and I'd love it in NCAA too.

Seems like there may not be the same type of issues that Madden is encountering though. Editing ratings in Madden affects player contracts and that seems to be they're main concern. Since there are no contracts in NCAA, hopefully it'll be easier.
Old 11-27-2010, 10:09 AM   #5
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palo20
I'm a big advocate of this in Madden and I'd love it in NCAA too.

Seems like there may not be the same type of issues that Madden is encountering though. Editing ratings in Madden affects player contracts and that seems to be they're main concern. Since there are no contracts in NCAA, hopefully it'll be easier.
I agree. Ian had a fear about how a players overall could be effected by a players potential. I don't think this would be an issue in NCAA. I know they say every player has a hidden potential grade but with the current system I don't see how the 2 could be effected by editing players ratings inside the dynasty mode. We can now edit a player to be a 99ovr before we start a dynasty and that player will stay a 99ovr over a 3-5 year career. It does not seem to break the system. I could see how in Madden progression is linked to potential rating but in NCAA it seems as if players have a fixed progression. This would have zero effect on the hidden potential rating.
I think most of us here would all agree that we would use it to fix the NCAA teams lack of roster/recruit creating ability. I don't know about anyone else but I'm tired of the 5* 215lb DE's that gain 5-7lbs over a career. This is nowhere close to real life. I want the ability to edit the 3-4 teams so the undersized DE's move to OLB and not take a huge ratings hit.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-27-2010, 10:13 AM   #6
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by fcboiler87
Maybe on major additions but this took Ian and company only 10 minutes to do. I don't think this would be something major. It's in the game but locked and just needs to be unlocked. Besides read what happened to NBA Elite and EA Canada and you will see that EA has seen the light on working together. They will be sharing technology with each other going forward.
Old 11-27-2010, 10:52 AM   #7
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

IMO, this is would be an even bigger benefit for NCAA then it would be for Madden. Being able to edit every player on every team would allow us to overcome some of the legacy issues that have plagued the NCAA series for many years.

As has already been mentioned, we could fix the weight/ratings issues that affect so many generated recruits.

We could have dealt with the Kicker/Punter issue on day one without having to wait for patches. Those players who didn't like the reduced WR ratings could have fix that and then adjusted the DB's too to keep things balanced.

The low awareness for QB's that was causing problems with the simmed stats could have been taken care of very easily with the ability to edit inside of Dynasty.

Being able to edit the CPU roster and Depth chart is the number one thing that they need to let us do. We could change a few of the 8 QB's that the CPU has on it's roster to another position that they have neglected to recruit adequately. We could fix their depth chart so that TE's WR's, Punter, et, al, don't get subbed in as olinemen.

If some chowder head wants to change all of his players to Seniors, or perform some other kind of stunt that ends up breaking his Dynasty, well that's on him. Don't punish the rest of us for idiocy of a few people with no sense.

The development team hasn't shown that they can fix many of these issues that have been a problem for literally a decade. At the very least they can give us the User more flexibility/tools to ameliorate the flaws in the code.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 11-27-2010, 02:35 PM   #8
MVP

Palo20's Arena

OVR: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
IMO, this is would be an even bigger benefit for NCAA then it would be for Madden. Being able to edit every player on every team would allow us to overcome some of the legacy issues that have plagued the NCAA series for many years.

As has already been mentioned, we could fix the weight/ratings issues that affect so many generated recruits.

We could have dealt with the Kicker/Punter issue on day one without having to wait for patches. Those players who didn't like the reduced WR ratings could have fix that and then adjusted the DB's too to keep things balanced.

The low awareness for QB's that was causing problems with the simmed stats could have been taken care of very easily with the ability to edit inside of Dynasty.

Being able to edit the CPU roster and Depth chart is the number one thing that they need to let us do. We could change a few of the 8 QB's that the CPU has on it's roster to another position that they have neglected to recruit adequately. We could fix their depth chart so that TE's WR's, Punter, et, al, don't get subbed in as olinemen.

If some chowder head wants to change all of his players to Seniors, or perform some other kind of stunt that ends up breaking his Dynasty, well that's on him. Don't punish the rest of us for idiocy of a few people with no sense.

The development team hasn't shown that they can fix many of these issues that have been a problem for literally a decade. At the very least they can give us the User more flexibility/tools to ameliorate the flaws in the code.
+1000

I hope we can get some feedback from Russ on this and see if it is just as easy for them to fix as it is the Madden team.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Wishlist »