Home

Old 12-01-2010, 09:53 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 2
New RTG Idea.

Alright. Most people (including me) believe that the High School play-offs are the best part of RTG. So why not extend the playoffs and have you play your whole high school senior year? Play from Game 1 to the State Play-offs, and hopefully win the State Championship. During your Senior year, recruiters will come to your house and recruit you like a CPU coach recruits a CPU player. They will talk to you, make pitches, offer scholarships and make promises, trying to get your signature on the dotted line. Injuries could happen, and they could hamper your recruiting. You would be able to Hard Commit to a school in Week 5, Soft commit in week 3. After the play-offs are over, if you are a 4 or 5 star recruit you could be invited to play in the US Army Bowl. A good showing there could increase your rank. For the 4 star commits, after the Bowl you will Hard Commit to a school infront of the press. If you are a 5 star, you have the option of commiting at the Bowl or after, both on live TV infront of the ESPNU crew. These mark the big changes during the high school season. Now onto college..

As a freshman in college, you may not see much playing time. You have the option to Redshirt, or try to work your way as a starter. When you Redshirt, you play one practice per week every week. If somehow you increase your overall rating beyond the starter's, your redshirt will be burned before Week 6 and your record is above .500. If it is after Week 6 or your below .500, you will remain redshirted. Along with practice, you have to study every week because every Friday you'll have a Quiz. Keep passing quizzes and your grades will stay up. Fail and you risk getting benched or not be able to practice (if you redshirted) until you get it back up.

As a sophomore, you no longer have the option to redshirt. You get to play practice every day now, along with the Quizzes and studying. Keep playing for national recognition, and you may start to get interviewed by local TV reporters.

As a junior, the world changes. If you are over an 85 overall, NFL scouts and agents will start talking to you. You'll be able to see a Mock Draft every week, as well as where you are projected to go. (Note: This next part I'm not sure if it will make it into the game or not.) Agents will attempt to talk to you, and you have the option to risk it or not. Accept it and your draft stock will go up and your overall will rise. Refuse it and don't take the risk of getting suspended if you get caught. During the season, fans may e-mail you, hoping to convince you to stay. The coach may call and try to get you to stay also. At the end of the season, choose to declare for the NFL Draft or stay for for your senior season. If you are over a 90 overall, your decision will be broadcasted all over TV. If your 89 or under, you get a newspaper article.

If you choose to stay for your Senior season, the whole world changes. When you become a starter, your guranteed that position all season. Practices become optional on whether or not you want to improve as a player. You'll be able to see all stuff on the NFL Draft, such as multiple Mocks, your draft projection, your scouting report and things you should work on. You will get interviewed after every other practice and every game. Every game you'll atleast get on local TV, but your best games against your best opponets will make its way to SportSCenter. At the end of the season, you could end in a good season (Bowl win or you win an award) in a huge celebration and sending out party at your school, or end in a dissapointing season with a silent move to the NFL. I'll take any other suggestions and add them on also.

Extra additions:
Option to turn on commentary or real, on the field sounds
QB throwing animations for QBs
Drills in the off-season to improve
Improved, realistic playcalling. CPU should Randomly select one from "Ask Coach"
Kick and Punt Returner
When you pause, ticker pops up showing score for all games around the nation.
Replace the ESPN magazines with ESPN.com, show highlights, heisman watch, stats for everyone in the nation, etc. More organized, better presented
Better overall presentation, bring Dynasty Presentation to it.

Last edited by BigBrianC; 12-13-2010 at 10:07 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-05-2010, 05:49 PM   #2
Rookie

Eggl's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: New RTG Idea.

I'm not a big RTG guy. Every year I try to take a guy and get him into Madden but around my junior year I always get stalled out. I do love playing the high school playoffs though. I've always thought they should let you play your whole senior year. I would even like to see your junior year too. Thats when people actually start to notice you. I guess I would just more like a RTG mode about high school where you could play from your sophmore season on, customize your class, all the teams in it, and their colors and styles. This would be way too much to expect but it's my dream. I would hardly play dynasty if this was implemented.
Old 12-06-2010, 02:16 AM   #3
MVP

TrapStar215's Arena

OVR: 42

Great idea but will never happen. Unless you could get at least 400-800 emailing the h3ll outta a EA guy!
"Okay, here's the story. I come from the gutter. I know that. I got no education... but that's okay. I know the street, and I'm making all the right connections. With the right woman, there's no stopping me. I could go right to the top."

Old 12-06-2010, 07:47 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

If this was ever done I would never play dynasty again. I'd be too amazed with Road to Glory.

NBA: Los Angeles Lakers , Oklahoma City Thunder
NFL: Minnesota Vikings, New England Patriots
MLB: Minnesota Twins, Anaheim Angels
NCAA Football: Stanford Cardinal, Boise State Broncos
NCAA Basketball: North Carolina Tar Heels, North Dakota State Bison
Old 12-08-2010, 08:54 PM   #5
Banned

Wow guys, thanks for the feedback. I also would NEVER play Dynasty again haha. I might keep restarting in High School :P
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-09-2010, 12:12 PM   #6
Pro

44drob's Arena

OVR: 27

This idea is great but dont u think it would drag the whole rtg series out

I think they should go through with this but u should be able to sim through some games

GLORYERACLOTHING.COM
TRU2THA GAME
Old 12-09-2010, 03:42 PM   #7
Banned

You could have the option of simming games and interviews. But I think the Goal of RTG is to make a player to start to love and get (more or less) sad when they have to leave school so you'll put them into Madden.
Old 12-09-2010, 09:56 PM   #8
Rookie

This is an awesome idea. I'm a big RTG guy and i always wanted to play my whole senior year. This idea is great for someone that never got all that attention in high school. Let you get a feel for what really good high school players went through. But would be cool if you could pick a former college player(I.E Tebow, peterson, Suh and etc.) and play with them through thier senior year and follow the path they choose (College) or choose a different school to go to. These option will be good for people that finish RTG and need a new form of entertainment.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Wishlist »