Home

Old 12-08-2010, 12:04 AM   #1
Rookie

vaeath's Arena

OVR: 2
Recruiting

I would like to see better kickers and punters.

They are so low and theres only 1 or 2 good kickers or punters a year.

Also I would like recruiting not based on the stars but the job that the team did.

Such as players are going to like Oregon more because they are undefeated and not like Florida because they didn't too well.

I also would like to have rivalry games help decide the way a recruit wants to go. My favorite team is Virginia Tech and we get the top talent from VA because we have beaten UVA the past couple years.

Another thing for quarterback recruits is their type of play.

Scrambler- Fast QB's not that great at passing(Denard Robinson)

Balanced- Decent Speed and Average THP and THA

Pocket Passer- Good passer(Sam Bradford type players)

Dual Threat- Can Run and Pass(Terrele Pryor,Cam Newton,Tyrod Taylor)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-08-2010, 03:47 PM   #2
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Recruiting

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaeath
I would like to see better kickers and punters.

They are so low and theres only 1 or 2 good kickers or punters a year.

Also I would like recruiting not based on the stars but the job that the team did.

Such as players are going to like Oregon more because they are undefeated and not like Florida because they didn't too well.

I also would like to have rivalry games help decide the way a recruit wants to go. My favorite team is Virginia Tech and we get the top talent from VA because we have beaten UVA the past couple years.

Another thing for quarterback recruits is their type of play.

Scrambler- Fast QB's not that great at passing(Denard Robinson)

Balanced- Decent Speed and Average THP and THA

Pocket Passer- Good passer(Sam Bradford type players)

Dual Threat- Can Run and Pass(Terrele Pryor,Cam Newton,Tyrod Taylor)
I will agree with how bad the kicker/punters are. EA wanted to make it harder to make long field goals and great punts so they just made the kickers/punters so bad the cpu want even call on them.

In a way it is based upon what the team has done. In real life just because a school like Texas or Florida didn't have a year like what the are use to does not mean they will not be able to sign the top recruits. Check out the ESPN recruiting page and you will still see some of the highest rated high school players still wanting to go to schools that didn't have the best of years.

Just because VaTech beats UVA every year is not why they pull in the best players from the state. They have a better program, they win, the coaches have been around for some time. That is why they do better in at recruiting then UVA.

The NCAA team needs to make sure that the player type matches the ratings and they play to those ratings and style.

Things I would like to see:
-I wish they would have added value if you bring a recruit in for a big game (rival or against a rank team).
-Athletes that are athletes. These guys can play mulitiple positions unlike now.
-The ability to fully edit a recruiting class
-Schools that recruit based on style of play vs taking the best player

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Wishlist »