Home

New Features/Improvements for NCAA Football 13

This is a discussion on New Features/Improvements for NCAA Football 13 within the NCAA Football Wishlist forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Wishlist
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-12-2012, 03:14 AM   #57
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: New Features/Improvements for NCAA Football 13

I love EA sports games. The NCAA Football series is my favorite in general. I've bought it every year since NCAA Football 2004. But the next-gen games have really disappoitned me. I feel EA isnt making an effort. So I've come up with my own list on what EA needs to put in NCAA Football 13 and future games in the series.

Gameplay
  • EA has the rights to use whatever ESPN integration they want, right? Doesnt seem like it. All they have is the ESPN swipe for replays, SC radio and a ticker when you aren't playing a game. I mean really? Thats all? ESPN actually has "Saturday Night Football" "Rivalry Week" and all sorts of things. Especially "College Gameday." If they can import these things in some fashion, it would be great. Its really stale at this point.
  • I remember Ben saying that EA thinks Brad Nessler is the voice of College Football. I dont hear Brad announce any big games except for maybe afternoon games. The real voices are Brent Musburger, Kirk Herbrsreit and Erin Andrews. It's who you see Every Saturday night calling the game of the week. Sure, EA has Kirk and Erin, but they dont enough. Kirk gets repetitive and ********. He needs to actually be a play-by-play color announcer.
  • A half-time show showing scores from earlier in the day or big upcoming games later in the day and recapping the current game? Doesnt have to be much.
  • Maybe before the game, instead of showing who the payer to watch is, show us why he needs to be watched. like highlights or something. Not just stats.
  • For a BCS bowl game, make it feel like a BCS bowl game. Give us the impression that it is an actual game. That it matters. Not just some video game that has the BCS logo for the replay swipe and bowl patches. Also show how the teams got there. Its the same stuff week after week and gets boring
  • Chain gang. Why has this not been put in? We've been asking for it since 09....
  • Real time physics. Sure, the new engine they have is pretty good. But not great. If they can make a new engine that uses real time physics(better than Backbreakers) then the game would already be that much more worth it.
  • Give us a gameplan. What we plan to do throughout the game. Are we going to try and pound it down their throats most of the time? Are we going to be balanced? Are we going to air it out? because right now its all random playcalling. And for those that use "Ask Coach" the plays get repetitive. It's a selection of 30 or so plays out of 370 in the playbook. Its ********.
  • Make weather matter. if its raining, my player shouldnt be able to plant his foot without having a chance of slipping and spraining an ankle or whatever. If its windy, the ball should be harder to throw on target. Etc.
  • Make weight matter. This could go along with the RTP
  • Revamp the sidelines. They look like ****.
  • Lets say a 3-7 Iowa State beats a 10-0 #2 Oklahoma State in overtime at home. Are the fans going to rush the field or something? Or just do what they do after every game? Nothing?
  • Revamped penalty system. The current one sucks. Competely. Yes, there are sliders, but they either don't work, or they work too much. I put "Roughing the Passer" up to 55 and got about 8 calls on it in one game. No joke! So I bring it back down to 53. Not a call since.
  • Also make the referees matter. you put them in for NCAA 11 and all they do is stand where a referee should. I'll give you props for that. but my player can run right through them, like they're nothing. Which they basically aren't anything. They're only there to make it seem authentic.
Dynasty
  • Medical Redshirts. If a player tears his ACL in week 3, he shouldnt just go from being a sophomore to a junior, or depending on what his class is.
  • Bring back GPA. In real life, if a player has a GPA below 2.5, he in ineligable until it gets above a 2.5. In NCAA Football, every player is eligable, unless you redshirt them. You can still take that redshirt away even.
  • Bring back violations. A reciever is caught with marijuana, he's suspended for a certain amount of time. If he's caught again, he's kicked off. Or if he violates team policy, he misses so many games. This was in 2005 if I'm not mistaken
  • 85 man rosters. 70 isn't enough. I've had instances where I get the number one recruit in a certain position and when he enrolls he's the worst in that position. And when it comes time for me to cut players, I have to cut him because I needed other positions.
  • In recruiting, if a recruit commits, don't make it so that he's signed then and there. You still have to battle for them so that they stay commited. This would also ask to give us more recruiting time than 10 hours per week.
  • Athletic Director mode. You control the coaches, the stadium, the merchandise, uniforms, etc. This woud be fun!
Custom Playbooks
  • This was a great addition. But can definetly expand. Why is it that I can only have 370 plays? What if I want more? I should be able to have as many as I want.
  • Custom Plays?
  • Custom Formations?
Player Equipment
  • They do a pretty good job on this. But get lazy. EA needs to include more of the Revo Speed facemasks and Ion 4D facemasks. There are so many that are missing. Or give us the option to make our own facemask. Or let us mismatch our favorite facemask with our favorite helmet.
  • When wwe're editiing our face, please dear god take off the helmet. I cant see what the head looks like without going back to the roster menu and going to that player. This is just ridiculous
  • Let us choose what school we are from and what city. I'm from Albion, Nebraska. The closest place in the game is Columbus and it bugs me that I can't use my own hometown. At least give us the decency of etting us type it in.
  • Different gloves, like pro-combat ones.
  • Different sock lengths and colors.
  • Can we put the towel where we want to? And the handwarmer? I shouldnt even be seeing that until late Octoberish. Why is it on in September??
  • Different colored shoes, example: pro combat.
Teambuilder
  • This is so limited and stupid, its not even worth it. But whatever...
  • Give us more than 3 school colors
  • Give us more than 2 logos
  • Give us the abiity to create a stadium that we want.
  • Let us make our own uniforms. Not just mix-and-match your premade crap.
  • Give us more than 2 home jerseys and 2 away jerseys.
  • Give us more than 2 helmets
  • Give us more than 2 pants
  • Give us more than one colored sock/shoe
  • Let us create our own mascot
NCAA Football is a great series. But a lazy series. NCAA 11 was a huge step up from NCAA 10. 12 was a very polished version of 11. Not much difference for that matter. If NCAA 13 can't do any of this listed above, or does very little, I'm not buying. It's not worth $65 of my money so that they can put in useless features such as Mascot Mash-Up. I mean really, does anybody play it?

Step it up EA Tiburon. If you don't this year, you'll be headed in the wrong direction. Fans are already growing restless.
Old 02-13-2012, 07:40 PM   #58
Rookie

OVR: 2

They need to add face masks back when it snow and colored ankle tape.
Also on the dynasty in the offseasons add srills to make players and team better. Keep teambuilder. Add create a fan and Make a sign.

ADD BREAST CANCER.
Old 02-16-2012, 10:12 PM   #59
Rookie

OVR: 2

They need to add face masks back when it snow and colored ankle tape.
Also on the dynasty in the offseasons add srills to make players and team better. Keep teambuilder. Add create a fan and Make a sign. Add espn after every game you play.

ADD BREAST CANCER
Old 02-24-2012, 12:31 PM   #60
All Star

franch1se's Arena

OVR: 20

Duplicate numbers please!!!
Larger roster sizes
Improve Team builder
Different RB types (Power/speed should all feel different)
Better stadium atmospheres
Spring game!
Add HS all star games (at least 1 out of the Army, Under Armour etc)
Spring practices
Improved commentary
Add/Delete/Rename Conferences
Discipline system
Medical Redshirts
Old 02-29-2012, 04:33 PM   #61
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: New Features/Improvements for NCAA13

They should do something similar to what they did with their college basketball franchise. Have both an ESPN and CBS style broadcast along with tv timeouts after touchdowns, and in between quarters along with halftime analysis. They should also add all the FCS teams and allow you to play their schedules and playoffs.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-02-2012, 03:38 PM   #62
All Star

franch1se's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: New Features/Improvements for NCAA13

oh yea, another thing i want is under editing a player, options for home accessories and away accessories. Example, at home, USC wears black socks and black accessories i.e. - black arm bands, sleeves, tape etc...but on the road they wear white. I want to set this as an option so I don't have to choose which color to give them as of now since you can only pick 1.

Last edited by franch1se; 03-02-2012 at 03:41 PM.
Old 03-02-2012, 04:09 PM   #63
MVP

blkrptnt819's Arena

OVR: 10
I would like us to be able to edit home and away jerseys permenantly. E.g. I was the coach at Baylor and I wanted green jersey and pants at home with gold helmet with white helmet, jersey and pants away.

If you can't tell I LOVE DUKE!!!!!!!!
Old 03-10-2012, 11:31 PM   #64
Rookie

OVR: 0

I hope they make editing Teambuilder rosters just like editing the regular rosters, because with Teambuilder rosters, you can't change the players' equipment, redshirting, or hometown like you can with the original teams in game. Teambuilder has a couple of advantages over the old 2005 create a school mode, but in most other areas it's quite lacking; you can't create your own stadium (they better put this in 13 and have some high school stadium options), fight songs are harder to apply, etc. And I also want the Teambuilder High Schools busting through the paper in Play Now mode like they do in Road to Glory.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Wishlist »