Home

Custom Playbooks + Create A Play = Best Possible feature for '13

This is a discussion on Custom Playbooks + Create A Play = Best Possible feature for '13 within the NCAA Football Wishlist forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Wishlist
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-01-2011, 10:42 PM   #1
Pro

sparkdawg777's Arena

OVR: 1
Custom Playbooks + Create A Play = Best Possible feature for '13

EA should seriously think about implementing the create-a-play feature that has been out since I believe '99. It was a simple feature back then if anyone remembers it and would fit in perfect with the custom playbooks, especially since we can choose plays from formations we want.

Now here is an idea of how it can work.

From what I remember with 99 the feature put you in practice mode, you chose the offense/defense and I believe the formation, I don't think you actually created the formation although I could be wrong it's obviously been 12 years so that's a while. However the main focus was on running back assignments, routes, and blocking assignments on offense. And on the other side, blitzes, zone coverage, man coverage for each defensive player. So the concept was pretty simple but for the time there were a lot of options to choose from. Now here's a way to expand on that...

-First, implement it the same way in practice mode because you could easily practice the play and change it right there on the fly if it wasn't working.

-Allow a pre-snap alignment for defense, and then assignment. Some coaches want might want their CBs in bump-and-run, or one in bump-and-run. Some may prefer there CBs to play 10 yards off the ball in cover 4. Also you may want one LB showing blitz or a safety showing cover 2 in cover 3. This would give the user everything he needs right from the playbook in the game. On top of that you could have different versions of each play, lets say up to 3. So lets say it's a Cover 3, in one version I have my CBs pressing and the safeties showing Cover 1, the next version might have the CBs off and the safeties showing a Cover 4 look, and the final version could have a straight up Cover 3 look the way I want them aligned. I'm a Defensive back guy so forgive me for all my DB examples.

-Now expanding on the above maybe we could have a feature similar to FIFA's create a set piece, where you have say a 7 second window to move the players you want pre-snap and it records them. For example, I might have my CBs showing bump-and-run for 3-4 seconds and then backing off. Or maybe on a CB blitz I have my CB showing press and then 4 seconds later he begins to creep toward the OT to get ready to blitz. There are so many more options here, that would be especially useful for coach mode for those who might play it.

Of course, there will always be people trying to create cheese plays but for those who are the true sim guys, I believe they would really appreciate a feature like this.

Now I am a defensive guy, so my focus on this post was mostly DBs and the possibilities there. What do you guys think about this and what could be included for other positions, especially offense?

EDIT: I want to explain also that the pre-snap movements would each be recorded individually. For example, starting with CB1, then after you record his movement, move on to CB2.

Last edited by sparkdawg777; 07-01-2011 at 10:45 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-01-2011, 11:13 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Custom Playbooks + Create A Play = Best Possible feature for '13

Online will be an issue, I think the Create-A-Play feature would be great, but only allow it for Offline gaming. But hey, I said the same thing about Create-A-Formation, and they still put it in for both. So who knows! I think that is the only direction they could go in.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Wishlist »